“Employees are the best, hotel needs a refresh!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I would give this property a 4-5 if it had been refreshed. It is showing some deferred maintenance, and looks somewhat dated. Danielle, who checked me in was the best. She was very pleasant, and thanked me for my Diamond status.

Christian our shuttle driver to the airport is another who should be commended:
Upon approaching the entrance to the DFW gates a driver with his head up his lower orifice swerved in front of our van. Only thanks to the quick reaction of Christian were we able to avoid a crash. This young man saved us possible injury, and certainly thousands of dollars of damage to your van.

Your employees are the best. My only recommendation is an update of the property.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,216)

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on our way home from a long road trip. Check in was fast and easy. Staff were very friendly. We stayed in room 728 which was a large, two room suite and was labeled as handicap accessible. The room was clean and the ac cold. We had a microwave, small fridge, coffee maker and a sink. The bathroom was large but had very little counter space. Although no one in our party required an accessible room, the doorways were wide enough for a walker or wheelchair but the tub was standard. Not sure how someone with limited mobility would maneuver that. The bed was a king and comfortable. There was an unusua small tear in the sheets all the way through to the mattress...just weird. Sheets were clean and there were plenty of pillows. We visited the restaurant in the adjacent Bass Pro. It was "okay." Sat at the bar and had a couple of beers and apps. Service was excellent. We would stay here again if in the immediate area. It's quite a haul on 635 (from 35) which has lots of construction underway.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2014

All of Embassy Suites that I have been in are nice hotels. However, the staff and service at this hotel suckes. If they revamp the staff the service will come up to par with other Embassy Suites Hotels.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank Bus Driver A
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very large clean 2 room suites with plenty of room to spread out. Outstanding made to order breakfast with buffet and afternoon reception that I'm sure was just as great. Would liked to have spent more time at this hotel. Highly recommend for anyone who wants to stay in the mid cities area. Being attached to Bass Pro Shops was a plus for my teenage sons.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank Catherine J
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We arrived at this hotel after traveling all day. I made the reservation a month in advance and was charged on my credit card. When we arrived at 11PM we were told we did not have a room and could go across the street to another hotel. When I asked what the point of having a reservation was and why I was charged on my credit card, the manager told me since we booked thru a 3rd travel site and not directly thru the Embassy Suites company they could give our room to someone else because they overbooked. The hotel across the street did not include breakfast, so I don't believe it was an even trade. I will never book a room at an Embassy Suites again since this appears to be their policy. Terrible customer service!

Room Tip: Book a different hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TennisPal
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We would consider staying here again. We enjoyed the place but there were some negatives.

The weekend we stayed at this Embassy there were 8 (yes eight) family reunions being hosted there. The hotel did a respectable job with this amount of traffic in ensuring sufficient breakfast and in general with good service by the employees. However, there were long lines for the complimentary evening happy hours (but decent drinks) and one afternoon our rooms were not cleaned until around 4pm.

We enjoyed the pool area! The pool was 3ft to 5ft deep and large enough that at times 15 or so kids and a few adults played freely. It also had a good size hot tub adjacent that was quite welcome after busy days. Outside the pool was a large terrace where we enjoyed evening drinks and conversation.

As for the room, it was not the most contemporary but it was large with two queen beds in the separate bedroom area (with a door) and a sleeper sofa in the front...TVs in both areas. There was no safe, the bath faucet was a bit tarnished, and the lever for the sink drain was detached (had to pull up/down from under the sink). Shower pressure was good. Having a tiny "kitchenette" with small sink, fridge, and microwave was handy. The Wi Fi worked well enough and our group had a password for free access.

The hotel is right near the airport which is a pro or con depending why you're in Dallas...we had to drive to get to Dallas experiences...but there are places to eat and a mall (with a LEGOLAND we visited) right nearby. There was free shuttle service both to/from the airport as well as the mall.

Room Tip: My 3 year old son and I enjoyed having a view of planes departing and landing.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dred313
Reviewed 28 July 2014

What can I say? This place is great! The staff we encountered were polite and friendly. The check-in/check-out process was simple and easy.

Our suite was great with a spacious and comfortable living are and a nice, comfortable bed. The walls were thick. We never heard a peep from neighbors above or below, which I expected from a building this size. I'm sure the walls and floors are concrete and steel instead of wood and sheet rock like smaller hotels.

The breakfast is amazing! There were lots of hot and cold breakfast foods to choose from. It was a great way to start the day on a full stomach. The evening reception is great for drinks and snacks as well.

My only complaint is that I can't afford to stay at an Embassy Suites every time I travel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family