Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Reviewed 25 June 2009

I got to tag along with my hubby (there for a conference) and loved the hotel! The staff was great and really enjoyed the breakfast. I got out the gps and went to Sam Moon for some new purse's. It only took me about 10 minutes to go into that part of dallas at 9:00am. So I was thrilled!
Sat outside by the pool (it was inside) quite a bit and loved that you could go inside to cool off. Make sure to hit the manager's reception for a beer and snacks every night from 5:30-7:30. The restaurant was good but have to admit that the only reason we went was because the conference paid for our dinner. Otherwise we would have gone somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,240)

Reviewed 10 June 2009

Very nice hotel, everything about our stay was lovely except our room temperature. Very warm & never really cooled off the entire weekend. I must also agree with an earlier reviewer about the walls being paper thin. Heard alot of things going on next door that we could have lived without hearing. The staff was very friendly & breakfasts were great. I personally LOVED the fact that there was a Starbucks inside the hotel, great touch! Our accommodations were very comfortable. Grapevine is also a great area, very conveniently located to just about anything.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
LauraErickson, Assistant Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2009

Thanks again for choosing our hotel in Grapevine! We are terribly sorry if there were any inconveniences with the noise from next door! Please feel to contact the hotel staff personally and we will make our best effort to make sure you get a suite that you’ll have a good night’s rest and that suits your personal style! If at all possible you could send us your information so we can look into the suit you personally stayed in last so we can see if there is much needed improvement that needs to be done to minimize the outside noise. We appreciate your comments; it helps us have a better understanding of each guests stay and a way for always looking for improvement!

Reviewed 27 April 2009

Our family stayed here for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day Nights, and had a wonderful time! Our room was located just outside the elevators, and never had a problem with noise at all! The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was wonderful! Great location.. very close to many places to eat and shop. We drove to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner one night and then to see a movie (Grapevine?). It was very good food, wonderful cheesecake, but VERY expensive! Greatvine Mills Mall is awesome! Over all, we had a great time bringing in the New Year with our family and we will return!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank my2cutekidz
LauraErickson, Front Desk Assistant Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2009

Thanks again for choosing our hotel in Grapevine! We are so happy you enjoyed your last stay with us and experience some of the fun things to do in the area!! We hope to see you again in the future when you’re back in the area! Thanks for taking the time to fill this survey out we love to hear customer feedback so we can work on the areas we need to work on and strive to continue to succeed in the areas we have provide exceptional service to you and many other customers!

Reviewed 6 April 2009

My family and I just returned from a 4-night stay at the Embassy Grapevine. We wanted to be located centrally between Fort Lauderdale and Dallas as we were there not only to visit colleges, but also to enjoy both cities. My research directed me to Grapevine, which is an ideal mid-way location. We have had much pleasure staying in Embassy Suites locales nationwide and I was excited with the heady reviews about this particular location, so I finally determined that the pricey $210+ tariff was justified. I was dead wrong. While the hotel held up fine as another Embassy Suites property, it was far from the best Embassy that I had stayed at. What's more, we had a very horrible experience midway through our trip with the front desk. While at dinner with friends in Dallas, I received a tearful phone call from my 17 year old daughter explaining that she and my son were locked outside their room with a defective key and the front desk clerk (who was the person in charge at the moment but not a qualified manager) refused to give her a new key without proper ID, nevermind the fact she was in a swimsuit. In fact, he did not have the wherewithall to have security escort her to the room to verify her ID. When I attempted to discuss with this individual, he actually hung up while I was in mid-sentence. Of course, I left my dinner party and drove all the way back only to be stonewalled by an indignant and misinformed employee. He actually had the gall to summon security as my request for an explanation was met with mute disregard and I grew more and more frustrated with his pat response. Of course, security was more than sympathetic to my plight (as were the other employees that I had a chance to talk to) knowing the Embassy was stuck that night with this misinformed (and untrained) employee in charge. By the way, let me mention that our key malfunctioned every day and had to be continuously electronically re-keyed which not only was frustrating but ultimately created this final incident.
I find this incident unacceptable not only due to the key issues, but mostly due to the fact the Embassy was not adequately staffed with trained personnel to handle what should have been a routine incident.
Ironically, we spent our last evening's dinner at the Gaylord Texan Resort. We were so sorry that we had not spent the extra $25 per night to stay at such an amazing place.
This is not an indictment on Embassy Suites Hotel in general as I have always enjoyed their hospitality and value, however, I cannot recommend this particular location based on my experience and even more so on the higher tariff imposed for this location. This is not a 4-star hotel, but a 3-star hotel (even if my experience with Mr. Smiles had been more cordial).

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
LauraErickson, Assistant General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2009

Dear trojanking,

I would like to first of all thank you for making us aware of the issues that you encountered during your recent stay with us in Grapevine. I sincerely apologize for the problems that you encountered and assure you that it is not a good representation of what we want to provide to our guests.

We are very proud of our AAA 4 Diamond rating as we have maintained that for the past 5 years and this is the level of service that we expect all of our guests to encounter. Occasionally we encounter difficult situations that cause for us to react in a particular way and defer to our "hotel policy". I believe that this was the case with the problem that you encountered. We take the safety and security of all of our guests very seriously and have policies and procedures in place to ensure those. At times these policies need to be adjusted to fit the situation and I believe that should have been the case with your stay. Although your child did not have identification I don't believe we exhausted all possiblities before having you return to the property from your dinner. I apologize again for that but assure you it was only meant for your safety and possibly from a misunderstanding as our Front Office team understood from your child that they did not have identification even within the suite.

Again I thank you for choosing our property and if you return to the Grapevine area I would love to have the opportunity to have you stay with us again to show you that we can provide you with an excellent stay.

Please feel free to contact me personally for any future stay and I will ensure that you are well taken care of and at a very reasonable rate.

Roger Brown
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 10 March 2009

I stayed in this hotel last year in a corner suite and loved it - excited to stay again. Just returned from a week in a standard room and will not return. The hotel is beautiful. However, for me the key is a good night's sleep. From the bedroom, I could hear my neighbors opening and closing drawers, normal toned conversations and every noise coming from their bed. After sleepless nights in the bedroom I tried sleeping in the living room only to be kept awake by kids running up and down the halls at all hours. The breakfasts are great, exercise room is wonderful, lobby is beautiful with nice waterfall, but all of this doesn't make up for sleepless nights.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
LauraErickson, Assistant Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2009

Thanks again for choosing our hotel in Grapevine! We are terribly sorry that you did not enjoying your last stay with us! The room type that you first stayed in is a certain room type and we would love to have you stay with us again! Please feel to contact the hotel staff personally and we will make our best effort to make sure you get a suite that you’ll have a good nights rest and that suits your personal style! If at all possible you could send us your information so we can look into the suit you personally stayed in last so we can see if there is much needed improvement that needs to be done to minimize the outside noise. We appreciate your comments; it helps us have a better understanding of each guests stay and a way for always looking for improvement!

Thanks again for your stay!

Reviewed 24 February 2009

We stayed here Valentines weekend.
We booked a pre-paid stay through AA Vacations and upon check in, we were asked to pay again. After standing at the front desk for over 45 minutes, we finally got it all sorted out and were able to check in. The front desk clerk was very, very nice but kept insisting they do not do prepaid hotels and never had in the 9 years they have been open. I really find that hard to believe in this day in age. (people use travelocity, expedia, hotels.com, etc. everyday!) I just don't thnk she quite knew what she was talking about. When we were finally given our key, we weren't told our room number, advised of the managers reception, breakfast in the morning or even which way to head for the elevators.
Bing that we are experienced travelers we figured that out on our own. (it wasnt hard) It was just the little things that wre lacking with Customer Service upon check-in.
Now for the room.....it was large and spacious just like all Embassy Suites. The decor was pleasant and went with the theme of the hotel and Bass Pro next door, "outdoor world." The bed was ultra comfy. Although my son, who slept on the sleeper sofa, said it was the worst night sleep of his life. (the sleeper sofa wasnt comfy at all)
Elevators were quick and efficient. ( I mention that because sometimes that isnt always the case)
The managers reception was nice. Beer, wine, mixed drinks with Gardettos to snack on.
The breakfast was good. Again, just as expected from Embassy. Crowded, but good.
The access to Bass Pro was a plus if you are in to that kind of thing. We went there one night after dinner to do some shopping and got some ice-cream from their snack bar.
Proximity to Grapevine Mills Shopping Mall was excellent! Was there in 2 minutes driving time. (or less)
Overall, great stay. Even if the check in was almost a nightmare.
I would stay again.

p.s. Went to Bob's Chophouse (which is supposed to be one of the best in Texas) and the service was absolutely terrible! TERRIBLE! There was a food mix up and the general manager was a jerk! For $150 for two I expected much more!

Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heard
LauraErickson, assistant front office manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2009

Thanks again for choosing our hotel in Grapevine! We are terribly sorry about your check-in process; hopefully the next time you come and stay with us you will experience our usual fast and efficient check-in, which is what we usually stride for. Thank you so much for you’re the feed back on the sofa sleeper and is defiantly something that will be passed on to the proper people, so we can look for a proper solution. We love to hear comments back from our guests so we can make every stay enjoyable!

Thanks again for your business we look
forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 11 February 2009

Hotel is in great shape and very convenient, Will certainly return

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your positive response!! Positive responses like these is what keeps us going and we will be sharing this with the team! Thanks agian for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you agian in the future!!