Hampton Inn and Suites Dallas - DFW Airport North / Grapevine
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I stayed at the Hampton on business. I was there for a month and it became my home. I had a king suite that included a kitchen with a living area. It was very spacious. When I returned "home" each night the suite was clean and inviting, and the bed was very comfortable with many pilows. Lights were left on for me and the space even smelled clean. As I picked up the paper each day, I found it on the coffee table in the evening waiting for me. The front desk was very helpful with information and a warm cookie. Shuttle service was fantastic offering more than just service to the airport. It did have business office, pool and fitness room, but I did not use them. I did not see a hot tub, which I would have used. The breakfast was very good, and the eating area was spacious. Two minor issues, a squeaky, hard to close closet door, and a wobbly ceiling fan.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn while attending a local festival in Downtown Grapevine. The hotel is right off the highway across the highway from Grapvine Mills. This makes it just far enough away from the traffic of the mall and attractions and the noise of the airport, but close enough to easily and quickly get around the area, we did not hear any highway noise either. The room was spotless, the breakfast was nice, the staff is extremely friendly. As we were attending a late evening festival and not familiar with the area, we were delighted at the offering of shuttle service to and from the event, (and other areas of interest also) even late night pick up. The driver was very nice and helpful with local info. We will definately visit Grapevine again and will be staying at this hotel when we do.

• Stayed March 2012
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Hamptons are good value hotels. This Hampton was clean, the rooms spacious, and the breakfasts very good. The staff was very friendly and helpful. This Hampton was a bit older and could use some updating - the rooms have the closets with the metal (squeeky) tracks and the decor is a bit dark. The fitness center had a treadmill, elliptical, and bike. The water machine was broken. The pool looked nice, although I didn't go in. The lobby was spacious and the eating area was very large and inviting. The location is great, however if you don't have a car they do have a shuttle bus. Restaurant "row" is across the highway.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Joal M
SugarLand
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We travel a whole lot and stay in mid-range hotels. I cannot think of one thing that needs improvement at this Grapevine Hampton. And that never happens during our different hotel visits. Here are list of things that are important to us: Clean hotel, comfortable beds, low rates, strong ac, friendly staff, shower - water pressure and shower head and a warm indoor pool. Here is a list of things we considered a plus: Full size kitchen, two rooms - bedroom/living room, beautiful down comforters and the size of the entire suite. Speaking of, we stayed in this large suite for only 92.00 a night. We stayed right next to the airport and did not even hear the planes. Loved the decor and loved the front desk folks. Good job!!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank tranfam
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Had the opportunity to stay with this fine hotel on business in January and can't say enough about how accommodating they were! From the time I checked in until check-out, they made sure I had all that I needed for a productive week, shuttled me all over the place, and made life away from home so much easier!

The HDTV in the room was a nice surprise. And when the sound went out, they quickly took care of the problem.

My room was clean and spacious, the breakfast was adequate (even though I'm not much of a "breakfast person"), and I couldn't have picked a better place to stay while I was in Grapevine. Congratulations to this hotel on the great job they do!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Austin, TX - Go Horns!
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We stayed in a double room in December to visit the ice exhibit at the Gaylord and agree with other travelers about the nice lobby, clean rooms and convenient location. The television and cable were HD and worked flawlessly. However, the beds were very firm and the free breakfast was not that good. For example, instead of scrambled eggs by itself, they have a cheesy egg omelette thing that was not very tasty. But it's free, so no big deal. The beds were just way too firm for any of us so we won't be staying here again. If you like firm beds, then you can't go wrong with this place.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We went to Grapevine for a wedding and this was the hotel they chose for the families so we received a discounted suite for $100/nt. I was immediately impressed with the upscale look and comfortable furnishings in the lobby, fireplace and all. The rooms were also nicer than I expected. The suite was quiet large with a living room and kitchen separate from the bedroom and bathroom. The kitchen was well appointed with dishes, ect plus microwave popcorn, tea and coffee and a full-size fridge, not your normal dorm size. The living room television was a large, flat screen and the furniture was comfortable. The pulled out couch/bed was not terribly uncomfortable, but just average. However, the beds in the bedroom were awesomely comfortable. And I was impressed to see the room also had a ceiling fan, something you don't see in most other hotels. The bedroom also had its own large, flat-screen tv. A large mirrored closet (full length mirror!) was next to the sink in the room and the shower/toilet were behind the bathroom door. The hotel has a shuttle that will take you almost anywhere you want to go within a 5 mile radius AND come pick you up to return to the hotel 24 hours a day. That is a fantastic FREE service! After the wedding, a group of us gathered in the lobby, drinking, eating and making a lot of mess and noise until almost 4am and the front desk folks never scolded us. They came over once to say hello and asked us very nicely to keep it down if we didn't mind - letting us have our good time but also keeping the best interest of other guests in mind, all with a smile. I was very happy with the demeanor of all staff at this hotel. Overall, I would say I was truly impressed with this hotel and pleasantly surprised with its level of service, comfort and style.

Room Tip: If possible, upgrade to a suite where you get much more space plus a kitchen.