“Better than average but not great”

Hampton Inn and Suites Dallas - DFW Airport North / Grapevine
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Clinton, MA
“Better than average but not great”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed for three nights in the beginning of July while attending a family reunion. The 3rd floor room was very quiet with no airplane noise. The breakfasts were very good with a good choice of items. My only complaint was the air conditioner could not get the room temperature below about 75 degrees during the nights we were there. We prefer a temperature below 70 degrees when we are trying to sleep. The lowest setting on the window air conditioner was 65 but it never came close to reaching it. I would have thought that a hotel in Texas would have had a stronger air conditioner. The duvet/quilt was so lumpy from frequent washing it looked and felt like there were softballs sewn into it. It didn't matter because the room was not cool enough to use it. I always try to stay at Hampton Inns because of so many good past experiences and their relatively reasonable costs but I was disappointed this time.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Dallas - DFW Airport North / Grapevine, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
Thank you for your feedback in regards to the air conditioner not working in your room. I've worked with our maintenance team to fix the issue, however I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. Thank you again for your review and I invite you to stay with us again the next time you return to the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I stayed here for one night to catch an early flight out. Very clean well maintained hotel! Lobby is very interesting! Great location. Close to Outdoor World. Many restaraunts to choose from. Can't beat a Hampton bed and pillows!

• Stayed June 2012
Reviewed 11 June 2012

You can't beat the Hilton brand when it comes to class, comfort, or elegance at an affordable rate (and, no, I'm not a Hilton employee nor was I paid for that statement). But, this Hampton Inn takes it up a notch more with its elegant and classy decor to great customer service, location, and business traveler amenities. Granted, this is probably not a kid-friendly or family-oriented hotel that caters to tourists, but it is excellent for those traveling on business.

Their service has always been first-class, and I have frequented this hotel about once or twice a month, to the point many of the staff know me by name - a rarity in customer service no matter how often you visit.

One of my most favorite hotels in the entire country - and that says a lot!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Elk City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 31 May 2012

This hotel is not really very conveniently located. It is close enough to the airport that you hear all the planes coming in in the middle of the night! The front desk girl was rude! They have no cribs even though when we booked the room they assured me they had them available. The "heated" pool was very chilly! The complimentary breakfast was horrible the first day and not too bad the second day. There didn't appear to be many people stating at this hotel, but the service wasn't great. The beds are rock hard! I don't believe we will ever stay here again... And wouldn't recommend it...

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Darlingkristi
Michael B, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Dallas - DFW Airport North / Grapevine, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. We have addressed your issues with the front desk and we will make sure that our complimentary hot breakfast will consistently be enjoyable. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us the next time you are in the Dallas area.
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Excellent hotel! Very nice breakfast! Will stay here again!!

• Stayed May 2012
Costa Rica
Reviewed 21 May 2012

My husband and I only spent one night in this hotel, but wish we could have stayed longer! I didn't book a suite, but that's what they gave us. The kitchen included a full sized refrigerator and free popcorn! Yum!! Both the living area and the bedroom had a tv. On the fifth floor are 2 washers and dryers, and they are free to use! I only have 2 minor complaints. The bathroom needs better lighting, and I wish the complimentary breakfast had a better choice of foods, but neither of us left hungry!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I stayed at the Hampton on business. I was there for a month and it became my home. I had a king suite that included a kitchen with a living area. It was very spacious. When I returned "home" each night the suite was clean and inviting, and the bed was very comfortable with many pilows. Lights were left on for me and the space even smelled clean. As I picked up the paper each day, I found it on the coffee table in the evening waiting for me. The front desk was very helpful with information and a warm cookie. Shuttle service was fantastic offering more than just service to the airport. It did have business office, pool and fitness room, but I did not use them. I did not see a hot tub, which I would have used. The breakfast was very good, and the eating area was spacious. Two minor issues, a squeaky, hard to close closet door, and a wobbly ceiling fan.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business