“Wow...better than the brand!”

Hampton Inn and Suites Dallas - DFW Airport North / Grapevine
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Johnstown, Colorado
“Wow...better than the brand!”
Reviewed 1 May 2013

So the outside looks like a typical Hampton Inn, and it is very close to a full Hilton and one of the best Embassy Suites I have ever stayed in...so I thought this would be the cheap and run down 'place you had to stay cause the other two were full or over priced,' WELL, I'm pleased to say this was very well decorated (something of an English coach house feel). The rooms were exactly what I expected...clean, quite, etc. I would easily bring my family back to this hotel....I expected so little...what a great surprise that they are such a nice property.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
moorpark, United States
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We were so pleased with everything about our stay at the Hampton. The staff went out of their way to accomodate us, the rooms were spacious, well appointed and clean and the shuttle drivers (who we put through the paces) were all great making sure we got to our meetings on time and picking us up with little to no wait time. We will be staying here again!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Aberdeen, Mississippi
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Our stay was 3 nights over the weekend of 04/18/2013. We found the hotel to be very clean and comfortable. Our 2 room suite included a kitchenette which we did not use. Both rooms had new flat screens. The king bed was very comfortable, especially after a 9 hour drive. The standard tub/shower was ample with good water pressure and a Waterpic brand shower head.

The staff is very friendly and efficent.

The complementry breakfast included continental items, juice and fruit along with a hot selection and waffle maker. Coffee also was excellent.

The locaction just off of 114/121/635 is convienent, although the construction in the area can be a real pain, but then again, it's Dallas.

We did visit Bass Pro and the Grapevine Mills mall is awesome.

Overall we were quite pleased and would stay with them again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Spent a week here for business. The room was very spacious and clean. Breakfast was good. However I checked out on Friday morning. I discovered that my card had been charged for additional night (Friday night) on Saturday. There was not explanation as to why this happened and it is very lucky I noticed this. They did credit me back after 3 phone calls.

1 Thank cubsholycow
Michael B, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Dallas - DFW Airport North / Grapevine, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
We apologize for the inconvenience of the extra charge, we have addressed the issue with our accounting staff. We hope the next time you're in the area you would consider staying with us again.
Canadian, Oklahoma
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I enjoyed my overnight stay immensely at Hampton, when I was on my way to California on business. After my arrival in San Francisco, I checked into a prominent 4-star hotel, double the room rate, but half as good. I found myself wishing I had taken my Hampton room with me! I will stay at the Hampton again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 April 2013

My family stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Grapevine for one night on 4-28 while traveling in the Dallas area. The hotel is location is great, close to Bass Pro and Grapevine Mills Mall. We had a suite and it was really big. Two flat screen TV’s, small kitchen with appliances that we did not use. We need the space. Two queen beds and bath in one room and living area with sofa and kitchen in the other. Room was good for the price and beds were great as all the Hampton Inn's seem to be. The lobby and breakfast space were pretty impressive. I thought the lobby area was quite elegant for a Hampton Inn. I can’t comment on the service because other than check in (fast) nothing was needed. I checked prices at a few other places but I was glad we stayed here.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I usually stay at Hilton Hotels when possible and this is your typical Hampton Inn. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff was very pleasant. My only issue with the shuttle service. I choose this hotel because it offered shuttle service back and forth to the airport and also to my company's office, which is nearby. When I arrived at the airport, I called and requested a pick-up. The clerk at the hotel said the shuttle driver was out and it would be about 10 minutes. OK, no problem. A few minutes later he called back and said it would be best if I took a taxi, and they would pay for it when I got there. I went to the taxi line, but the taxi driver gave me a hard time because it was such a short trip and kept insisting I take the shuttle. I finally convinced the taxi driver to take me and the hotel clerk paid him when I arrived. I requested a 7:30 shuttle ride to my office the next morning. She said no problem. The next morning the shuttle did not show up to take to the office until 7:45 am. I then requested a pick up from the office at 2 pm to take me to the airport for my 3:30 pm flight. At 2:10, no shuttle so I called and she said he would be there in five minutes. At 2:20, still not shuttle so I called again and she said he would be there in 3 minutes. At 2:30, still not shuttle so I called again to let them know I made other arrangements. She said he was the red light getting ready to turn it, but there was no van there. Bottom line, it's a decent hotel as long as you do not plan on using the shuttle service. If the shuttle service is important to you, I recommend you stay somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank mike0971
Michael B, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Dallas - DFW Airport North / Grapevine, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. The problems you mentioned with our shuttle service have been addressed. We appreciate you bringing this to us, and we hope you will give our property a second chance if you return to the area. We would really love to have you back so we can show you what our Hamptonality is all about.