“Old hotel - just adequate”

Hampton Inn and Suites Dallas - DFW Airport North / Grapevine
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Reviewed 18 July 2013

This is a very old hotel. Unlike any other Hampton Inn I have stayed at. Think of an Embassy Suites prototype built in the 1970's with half size rooms.

For the age of the hotel, they are doing the best that they can. There just comes a time when an old hotel either needs a major remodel or it needs to be torn down.

The parking is good and well lit. The front desk was friendly and efficient. Great airport location. For those reasons, I gave this hotel and "average" rating.

If you must stay close to DFW, this hotel will do.

Just adequate.

PS - when you see this many reviewers with one review to their credit, that can be a tip off that the hotel workers are posting reviews at the request of the hotel manager! BEWARE!!! Those five star ratings look like they may be bogus.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel as a group with my daughters dance team and our whole group was very satisfied. The staff was very nice and helpful. Excellent customer service!! They went above and beyond the normal. I gave the wrong card at check in and the manager Jeff called my bank and requested they do an immediate reversal instead of having to wait 3 to 5 business days like it normally takes. This saved me from having over drafts on my bank account. He did not have to do that for me. He could of told me sorry but it will take 3 to 5 business days and there is nothing we can do. The whole stay was like that. They really went out of there way and every employee I came into contact with was friendly and showed excellent hospitality. That is very rare now days. I have had to be in several hotels recently and I did not receive the same quality at the other hotel properties I had been at. The pool and lobby area were really nice and clean and the hotel is located in a nice area. Also close and convenient to the Gaylord Convention Center. The hotel had free shuttle service to the convention center / airport and the immediate surrounding area. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2013

we stayed 3 day's at this hotel, after staying 3 days at Great Wolf Lodge. I wish we had stayed here to whole time and just got day passes for Great Wolf. Most of the staff was very helpful, the suite was a good size and very clean. Close to the mall and yes lots of interstate construction. will stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Excellent place to stay! The hotel staff was so accommodating. I had to ask several times for google maps of how to get around since the interstate/highway is all being worked on. The front desk printed out maps so that I could get around using side streets. They even asked me on my return when I walked in the door - if I got there okay! I can't thank them enough for helping me. The free breakfast was also very nice. It was all fresh and the tables were clean. Great visit at the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Michael B, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Dallas - DFW Airport North / Grapevine, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. Our Team works hard to provide the best service for all of our guests, and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to take care of you while you are here. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

My family of 4 was given a suite at a rate of $159/night. The carpet was stained and smelled of rotten food and drinks. We had ants crawling all over us on the couch, chair, and in our beds. They swarmed around our pillows and nightstand. The lobby had a water leak and there were bed sheets everywhere on the floor, near where the breakfast was being served.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Robert J J

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

This hotel is exactly what you expect. Good service and rooms at a reasonable price (for airport hotels). Convenient to airport and Grapevine Mills. Fitness center is a little weak, but there is a YMCA a few miles away or LA Fitness. I plan on returning on my next trip to Dallas.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2013

enjoyed everything about this hotel delicious breakfast. super fast checkin,very comfortable and quiet room,great value,highly recommend this hotel,will sure tay here again when possible. very easy to access from 121 or george bush, great for dfw

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family