Hampton Inn and Suites Dallas - DFW Airport North / Grapevine
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
MA
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stayed here for an extended weekend while visiting family in Texas. The hotel is new and the room was comfortable and clean. The breakfasts was the standard hotel buffet. I will stay here again when in Grapevine.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
amarillo, United States
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Excellent facility and staff and due to the quality and comfort of the bedding and the quietness of the room,I got the best night of sleep I have ever gotten in a hotel. The staff was very helpfull and professional and the business accomodations and meeting room were first class. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

We decided to stay at the Hampton Inn because it had such great reviews. Like other reviews said, staff was great, the rooms were clean and spacious. However, I didn't take into account how close this is to the highway. You can definitely hear the road noise so if you're a light sleeper, take some ear plugs. If I had taken mine they might be getting a higher review. A crummy nights sleep does tend to change one's opinion. But they can't change location. Overall, it was a great stay for the cost. If you want quiet, pay the extra dollar and stay farther off the highway.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
St. Croix, USVI, United States
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Lovely suite, clean bathroom, very helpful staff. I will stay here every time I come through the Dallas-area. The suite allowed my daughter and two grand-daughters to stay with me. The kitchen with full refrigerator/freezer accommodated my travelling with frozen meats to bring home to the Virgin Islands. It was just an excellent stay in every way.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Baghdad Province, Iraq
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I must admit, after having stayed at other top-notch Hilton-owned hotels both foreign (Hilton Al Ain, Hilton Kuwait Resort, Hilton Dublin) and domestic (Doubletree in San Pedro, CA, Hilton Garden Inn in Tyler, TX, plus a Hilton in downtown Dallas whose specific name escapes me), I was a bit spoiled by the VIP treatment I'd received at the above-named locales, so this particular Hampton left me feeling a tad bit underwhelmed.

The staff was nice enough, but at no point, during either my arrival or my departure did the Front Desk staff ever offer to assist me with my baggage. Not that my baggage load was anything that I couldn't handle on my own, but like the saying goes, "it's the thought that counts." Not lacking in friendliness, it's just that the staff didn't leave me the intangible impression of going the extra mile to make me feel welcome that I experienced at the above-named hotels.

Also, at every other Hilton-owned hotel I've stayed at, I received two complimentary water bottles upon check-in as a perk of being a Hilton HHonors Silver Member....no such bennie here.

The gym/exercise room was bare-bones; a treadmill and a coupla stairmasters, no weights at all--not even dumbbells.

That said, the room was clean and cozy, and had good-sized beds, and the lobby was clean and presentable. The Continental breakfast had decent selections in terms of taste and variety, and the kitchen staff was very friendly.

And the indoor swimming pool was quite impressive in size and layout relative to the overall size of the hotel grounds.

So, overall, not the best hotel stay I've experienced, but far from the worst, it's a decent value for the price, and it's certainly convenient in terms of proxmity to DFW Airport. You won't feel spoiled here, but it'll do in a pinch.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Shreveport, United States
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Hotel was very clean and the staff was super friendly. Great location for the different places we planned to visit. Across the highway from Bass Pro Shop and an outlet mall. Free Breakfast was the standard items but all was fresh with plenty of coffee.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Greeley, Colorado
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Our group stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Grapevine during a visit to the Dallas area to go to a Dallas Cowboys football game. Though we were from Denver, our group was treated with the utmost courtesy by everyone at this hotel, even with our bright orange jerseys on. We enjoyed some good-natured ribbing from the Dallas fans at this hotel.

My wife and I had one of the suites, which had two large rooms including two flatscreens and a junior size refrigerator and microwave. Rooms were large and we had plenty of room to move around the king sized bed. Our suite was very well maintained and was spotless. It was, in my opinion, on the upper end of the mid-priced range, in terms of features, cleanliness, and luxury.

Each morning of our 4 day stay, there was a hot breakfast of eggs, sausage waffles and oatmeal. Other items included ample fresh fruit, juices, pastries, muffins, and yogurt, There was certainly enough there to get up and running for the day.

We had a most pleasant experience and the front desk was very accommodating, even providing
replacement toiletries if they had been forgotten.

This hotel offers easy access to the attractions of Grapevine including a water park, LEGOLAND, dinner theatre, old time train ride to Fort Worth, Bass Pro Shop, and of course it is a rather short ride to the airport and to the football stadium.

Room Tip: Everyone in our group of 30 had similar rooms. No one reported a problem.