“Good location for Grapefest/so so shuttle service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place Dallas/Grapevine

Hyatt Place Dallas/Grapevine
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Lubbock, Texas
“Good location for Grapefest/so so shuttle service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

This is the third or fourth stay here. It's a very typical Hyatt Place, clean, free, fast WiFi, modern rooms. They do provide shuttle service within a 5 mile radius which was great for the GrapeFest. The problem is that you get different information from different staff as far as how or when the shuttle runs. We were told when we checked in that we should just call down when we wanted to go and that the shuttle was "on demand". We do that and get dropped off at the festival. When it's almost 11:00 pm and we are ready to come home, we call and are told that we've just missed the 11:00 shuttle and the next one will leave in 30 minutes. Apparently the shuttle was on a 30 minute scheduled. Just wished we had known that. They have "upgraded" their breakfast to include some hot items but they've taken away the yogurt. Breakfast area can get a bit crowded but pretty quick service in the morning cleaning tables and keeping the buffet stocked. The hotel is also right next door to the Grapevine Mall, across the street from Bass Pro and not far from the Gaylord Texan and Great Wolf Lodge. Would stay here again but would ask several staff the shuttle schedule before heading out of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
San Pedro, Belize
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

This is my second stay with Hyatt Hotel's "Hyatt Place" brand, my first was in Fort Lauderdale a couple of years ago.

Having stayed in a Hyatt Place previously, I knew what to expect property and room wise - all of the properties are identically laid out. My room was clean, comfortable, and conducive to a single business traveler.

What does stand out at this hotel is the staff! Being a Hotel Manager myself with over 2 decades and 4 countries of resort experience I was blown away by the friendly staff that took me under their wing and treated me like family.

From my short wait at the airport for my friendly transfer by Amadou, to Tanner's no stress, quick, friendly and efficient check-in, to Walter's entertaining service at the bar these were all standout staff members for me.

Ababeska and Michelle handle the weekend evenings, and Arabeska provided warm, caring, friendly and anticipatory service - Kudos!

Mona, the Front Desk Manager, truly went above and beyond. Working alongside the staff and treating me as a friend or family member, she is such a gem, the hotel is lucky to have her amongst all the staff I have mentioned and I really left feeling like I had made a new friend.

Oh, and Everett, the maintenance man. So attentive, so responsive and he called to follow up on my minor a/c issue.

So, for under US$100 with breakfast included. What exactly is it you expect? For me, if you get a clean and comfortable room, right across the street from a major mall, with a shuttle driver available and willing to take you elsewhere in the area AND to top that all off you have great staff, I would say that's a pretty fantastic deal!

I do have to say the enjoyment of my last day was somewhat dampened by a large convention/Christian Fellowship, which included loud, obnoxious young adults who did not seem to have any regard for the people around them and were not only yelling and screaming but engaging in horseplay and bullying. The hotel was proactive in trying to control that group, but quite frankly the chaperone should have been able to do so, and/or the "fellowship" should have their own sense of respect and "Christian concern" for those around them.

PS: if you visit soon, say hi to Ernesto, whom I refer to as the "Ambassador of the Hyatt Place, Grapvine", and is here on an extended stay.

Room Tip: I liked the top (6th) floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MalibuStace
haarlemmermeer
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

we arrived before noon and the room was ready. great. lobby, reception and adjacent bar appeared upscale and nice. mini suite was very clean with all usual ammenties, microwave, coffeemaker and fridge. room had a good quality sleeper sofa, huge flat screen tv with many HD channels and a firm kingbed. outdoor pool was not very clean and a bit cloudy. breakfast was good with fresh hot sandwiches and more, but lesser than e.g. homewood suites and residence inns. epic grapevine mall (8min) and a good applebees (6min) were within easy walking distance. airport shuttle runs every 30min, but upon appointment only. this may cost some waiting time upon arrival, when you have to phone them for pick up. being a gold passport member we were staying on points. nevertheless our credit card was charged with >usd.20 for which we have no explanation. we claimed and after 5 days still no reaction or justification from hyatt whats however. sorry, but this fails customer service attitude and leaves a sour taste. which would otherwise been 4 can only get 2stars max dut to the latter. we will not stay here again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank griswolds09
Sachse, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

Great one night stay! I live around Dallas, but wanted a hotel for the night for me and my sis for our sister’s bachelorette being celebrated at Glass Cactus in Grapevine. Room rate was extremely reasonable, under $100 with taxes. Room was gorgeous, roomy and immaculately clean! And boy was the bed comfortable. Room also contained a nice sleeper sofa as well. Their continental breakfast was delicious. They had breakfast skillets, fresh egg/cheese muffins, pastries and a variety of coffee, tea and juice. Great location too, right on Grapevine Mills parkway close to DFW airport, Grapevine Mills mall, and assortment of restaurants/shopping and only 2 miles from Gaylord Texan. There is even a complimentary shuttle for the area. Would definitely stay again!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

We booked 2 rooms at this hotel as we were a party of 6. The rooms were across the hall from each other. We were staying here for the sole purpose of spending a day at Grapevine Mills mall. This hotel is new looking and has trendy decor. The location is literally in the parking lot of the mall and when the kids got tired of shopping, it was very convenient to send them back to the hotel with the men while the girls stayed at the mall. The kids in the other room say a large roach climbing the wall as they got ready for bed, then they saw another in the bathroom. The next morning I saw another roach on the wall ( in the opposite hotel room!) which crawled behind the bathroom mirror. I'm so glad I didn't see it until morning or I would NOT have slept knowing there were bugs in there with me! This is a great hotel and it's such a shame! I hope that they get this problem taken care of. The rooms had a lovely sitting area with a huge L shaped couch that converted to a huge bed. The refrigerator in our room wasn't working, but we didn't need it so I didn't worry about that. Rooms have no microwave.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Alycs
Cleburne, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

We got two rooms to stay in while we took the kids to the Grapevine Mills mall. The mall is close enough to walk to. The beds were very comfortable, and each room had a small living area with a fold out couch. The TV was large (42") and the rooms were very spacious. And although you are under the flight path for DFW airport, I didn't hear 1 plane, or anything else for that matter. Very quiet rooms. The free breakfast was great, but the dining area is small. We just took ours back to the room. Didn't use it, but the workout room looked great. Best hotel in the area for the price.

Room Tip: If you want connecting rooms, you will have to settle for double beds. We tried to get a king and d...