Hyatt Place Dallas/Grapevine
US$212
US$198
  • Pool
Comfort Suites DFW N/Grapevine(Grapevine)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$243
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$339
All reviewsshuttle servicefree breakfastfree shuttlehot breakfastair conditionerdefinitely stay here againsitting areagreat roomsofa bedcomfortable roomwithin a mile radiusthe hotel offersstaff was very friendly and helpfulbusiness tripdfw airportgreat place to stayfront desk staff
Reviewed 22 November 2012

My family of four has stayed here twice for two nights each. The food at the breakfast was good, the rooms were nice and seemed clean enough and the staff was helpful. The rate was considerably cheaper than most of the other hotels in the area. The only thing I will say about it is that I didn't see a high chair by the free breakfast. Maybe I overlooked it, but I looked around for one both times I was there and didn't see it - maybe it was just hidden. The second time I brought a portable booster seat for my little one and it worked just fine.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2012

I was very impressed with the quality of care delivered by the staff at this property! The breakfast quality of food, variety of food, and the environment was superb! The decor and furniture is beautiful...so warm and cozy. We can't forget the EXCELLENT shuttle service. KUDOS to the management team for employing people that genuinely care about the service delivered! We will most definitely return to this property even if we have business elsewhere in Dallas...good customer service these days is PRICELESS and goes a very long way!!! Hyatt Place Grapevine definitely has the right formula - thanks for a wonderful stay and wonderful memories...

Room Tip: I don't believe there would be a huge difference in any rooms and if there were a problem; give them the opportunity to make it right and I guarantee they will not hesitate to correct whatever needs to be done and promptly!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 November 2012

The Good
I have stayed with this hotel for a number of times and mostly I've had good experiences except this time. I've booked a room for 2 weeks and at the time of reservation I was told there were 2 days that have a different rate. I'm fine with that and I was issued a reservation number. It was when I've arrived at the hotel when the front desk informed me I have 3 confirmation numbers to track the different rates. I didn't think much of it and the front desk was kind to modify my reservation to apply the same rate all through out my stay. This is super! :) Oh by the way, they've improved their breakfast selection - there are more yummy choices including mushroom/spinach/cheese croissant, waffles, smoked bacon and apple biscuit to name a few.

The Hassle
And this is when the 3 confirmation numbers come into play. Three different reservation means I have to keep going to the front desk to "check-out" and "check-in" again. The entire process isn't exactly time consuming but just a bit of a hassle as you will receive multiple bills and your room card won't work until you go to the front desk to re-configure.

The Bad
So I thought I only have 3 reservations under my name - turns out there were four! One day before I'm due to check out, I've received another bill but I thought it was an info for me in preparation for my check out the next day. I didn't realize that I have been checked-out again and at 8:30pm (tired from day's activities) I went up to my room only to find out my room card doesn't work anymore. I have to go back down and have it re-configured. I've asked the front desk if I have been checked out again and I was informed NO and that their records show I'm checked-in until the next day.

At 12:12am in the morning I've received a call from front desk asking me who I was and why I was staying in that same room I've occupied for the past few days! I've explained that I was just down there 4 hours earlier and they've reconfigured my key. How can they have missed that? The front desk apologized and hang up and I went to sleep. Another ring woke me up (and we are talking about past 12am!) and front desk told me that I haven't been checked in and that he will go ahead and charge my card. I was too tired to argue.

This defintely ruined my experience with Hyatt. I am a platinum member and I have expected personalized service and better customer experience. I do not understand why my reservation couldnt be rolled-up into 1 when they've adjusted my rate and I am required to check-out and check back in. I do not appreciate waking up during unholy hours for a mistake done by front desk. Even if the front desk made a mistake and was not able to check me in, their records would have shown I've been a long time customer, I am not due for check out until the next day and they have my card on file. It is not that urgent to wake me up!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Recently stayed here for a conference at the Gaylord, which was sold out. Not only was this price more reasonable, but it took less time to get from my room at the Hyatt to the conference center than it would have if I had to deal with the elevator and the long walk at the other hotel. Less than 5 minutes from my room to the conference center! Room at Hyatt Place is much larger and was nice to get away from the conference. And you get free breakfast here! Next time I have a conference there, Hyatt Place is my choice!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Karen S
Reviewed 15 October 2012

This property is adjacent to the Grapevine Mills Mall and very close to DFW. There is an airport shuttle running every half hour. Allow about 20 minutes to get to your terminal. There are several chain restaurants within short walking distance. I would return.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business