“Great Location, Nice Property”

Hyatt Place Dallas/Grapevine
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Great Location. Conveniently Located to DFW Airport. Convenient to 635 to get to hot spots in Dallas and also convenient to 121/114 to get to hot spots in downtown Ft Worth.

Property is directly across from the Grapevine Mills Outlet Mall where there are lots of shops and also theaters.

Property offers a free breakfast (hot breakfast). Also free parking also. Rooms are large, spacious and the room I had offered a sitting area with in-room small refrig, coffee maker and even had a nice view to the horse staples next door and also the Gaylord Property and the lake.

Front desk staff very professional, knowledgeable and very helpful.

A nice location for the business traveler and also for families. Would definitely recommend this property.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Jeanniene

Reviewed 5 June 2013

My sisters and I enjoyed a Sister Weekend. We loved the staff. They were more than helpful. One of my sisters lost her room key and they immediately came upstairs to help us. The breakfast was wonderful. Wine and snacks was available every evening until 11:00. Anyway, loved the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I was here for a conference at the Gaylord at the beginning of May 2013. As the Gaylord was so expensive I needed a place to stay that was more reasonable, yet comfortable and this was it! The location is good as it is across the street from Grapevine Mills with shopping and restaurants within walking distance; as I didn't have a car, this was perfect. In addition, the hotel has shuttle service for local use and they were extremely willing to take us where we needed to go when we wanted to go there and then with a phone call they came to pick us up fairly quickly.

Rooms were very comfortable, with separate living room and sleeping areas. When staying for a week it's nice to be able to settle in completely, and the layout of the room accomodated that need perfectly - with plenty of drawer/dresser space for two people, free WiFi that was easy to connect to and a comfortable place to relax at the end of a long day. The staff at the front desk were extremely helpful and it was nice to come home each evening to a "welcome back", knowing they actually knew who I was and not just another faceless guest.

Breakfast was decent, though the fruit could have been better - you could tell it was precut, most likely with a metal blade as it had an "off" taste to it, but overall the offerings were good and just right to start the day.

The only big issue we had was with the air condiioning unit. The weather was warm and sometimes humid, so the AC was necessary, but as it was located at a far wall on the otherside of a bed, the airflow didn't quite reach the living area. In addition, the person sleeping closest to it (my mom in this case) ended up freezing cold while I was a bit too warm in the other bed. If we turned it down to fan only, the room became very warm and humid - this could have been rectified by opening a window for fresh air, but that was not an option as the windows do not open; even a little bit. A week of stale air is a lot to take as I'm used to having fresh air when I'm at home. The closest for hanging clothes is way too tight for two people - not enough hangers and tucked into a corner it is difficult to get in/out of - seems they did this to allow for more living area, but it was a pain to have to hang items in the closet as it was tucked into a corner. The room was clean, for the most part, though it was not dusted on a regular basis (a common issue I have in hotels). And why, do they keep leaving soap, shampoo, conditioner, and toothpaste when we never opened the first ones - it started taking up extra room, and they never left any lotion - the one thing we could have used (we could request it from the front desk when we were down there, but kind of a pain).

I would definitely stay here again - the price is right, the location is perfect, and the people so friendly!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank EMJPetaluma
Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

We came for a trip to LegoLand with our 4 year old. The location was perfect. Room was very spacious and well equipped. Area attractions are all very near. Just across street from Grapevine Mills and Bass Pro Shop. We will return for another trip.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 15 April 2013

When I first arrived I was rather dismayed: the room, whilst clean and spacious, has no safe and no minibar, just a fridge and tea/coffee making. The hotel has no restaurant, just a small bar that serves plastic-wrapped salads and sandwiches. No room service, food is available 24/7 but you have to go down and pick it up yourself. Plastic cutlery only, same at breakfast where a choice of juices, cereals, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, breads and breakfast patties is available at a buffet by the reception desk. And to top it all, the outdoor pool was closed.
I felt like checking out there and then but Ruth, the "gallery host", was so nice and helpful I felt bad about leaving.
You can barely hear the planes despite the proximity of the airport. WiFi is complimentary throughout the hotel - I'm actually writing this sitting by the pool that Ruth finally got open for me - however as it's unheated and ducks come swim in it I'm unlikely to use it. The neighbouring Homewood Suites have an indoor pool I've been using instead, it's small and shallow but at least the water is clean and not ice cold.
There's a huge shopping mall five minutes' walk away and several restaurants of the Steak and Shake, Chickn Fillits, and Ricky's type all within walking distance.
The half-hourly shuttles goes to the airport, and will also take you to offices and shopping centres within a five-mile area given advance notice.
I wouldn't have booked this if I'd known what it was like, but am not unhappy enough to move as the amenities are adequate and service is great.

Room Tip: Ice machines are situated at the left-hand end of the corridor on the 3rd and 5th floor so if like m...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank brancusirocks
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt Place Grapevine for 2 days while on a business trip. This hotel has a shuttle to pick you up from the airport and you are able to use their shuttle to any location around the hotel within a 5 mile radius - this was great since our business meeting was about 5 miles away and they were able to shuttle us there quickly so we did not need to rent a car.
There is a nice breakfast buffett in the morning. The rooms were clean but the halls smelled a bit musty, it was humid while we were there so this might account for some of that. Your room was a small suite, nice size and comfortable. It was hard to keep the temp regulated cool all night but not too bad. Front desk always ready to help.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Place while in DFW in February attending a conference. The conference hotel was booked solid. The Hyatt Place offered shuttle service within a generous 5 mile range saving me car rental and valet parking at the conference hotel. The rooms are spacious, suite size with a full living room area, coffee in the room. The people working in this hotel are so nice and friendly, they called me by name each and every time I walked in the door! In the future, I will consider this place when in the DFW area... what a treat it was.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business