“Family getaway, excellent service, old hotel”

Hyatt Place Dallas/Grapevine
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Houston, Texas
“Family getaway, excellent service, old hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Pros: Excellent service, great breakfast, hotel staff is willing and ready to accomodate any requests.

Cons: The room has low ceilings, bathroom is tiny (only fits 1 person which is hard when I'm trying to help my kids), hotel is much older and has been renovated.

There is a big difference between a brand new hotel and a hotel that's been renovated. I've learned the hard way that the only way to know the difference is to call and ask directly. These older hotels have tiny restrooms and low ceilings.

It was a great stay but unfortunately I won't be back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stay at the Hyatt Place Grapevine regularly and find the staff always very welcoming and accommodating. The manager, Michael Simons, is such a great ambassador for Hyatt. The breakfast is always good. It is close to a great number of restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. Late night arrivals near the elevator can be tough on a light sleeper.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

I was here on business and the staff and room were both great! The breakfast was a nice perk as well. The only minus was the tiny ironing board rather than a regular size board. Other than that, I really liked it and will be back again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

I arrived Friday for the Sunday Cowboys - Broncos game and I must say. I was amazed at the beauty of the Hyatt Hotel. Which was my first visit to one before. The room was very nice but the bed was too soft and hard to sleep in but I enjoyed it. However, I was not pleased with the serve in the bar/restaurant area later that evening. I ordered an Angus burger and it took 42 minutes for me to get it, and not to mention it was dry over cooked and burned. It also had no horseradish sauce or ??? jam that was suppose to be on the burger according to the menu. After inquiring about this to our waiter Lindsey we were told the hotel stop placing it on the burger unless it was requested and I ask her why do you have to request it if it's part of the burger and it's on the menu that way. Why does waiter not say its not included on the burger? Since it cost $14.00 for the burger. I did not want to send it back and have to wait another 30 - 40 minutes for something different. Plus, I have heard and seen the horror stories with customers returning food for whatever reasons. The drinks took just as long to get as well about 20 minutes. The bright side of this hotel is differently the room and the all you can eat breakfast employees the cook and a waiter name Alex and I must say I have not had a waiter like him in a while. It was great being their company. He was courteous, attentive, really fast with the serve, and always near to answer questions. I think the evening service really needs some improvements to make this hotel a straight five star. Since food, drinks, and service are the best parts of a hotel, I think.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CountryEssence
Elk River, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

I had the pleasure of three nights at the Hyatt Place Grapevine recently, and I was very pleased. The property is well cared for, quiet and welcoming throughout. Rooms (mine, anyway) are very comfortable and nicely furnished, with a luxuriously comfortable bed. Breakfast is quite tasty -- and free! Manger Michael Simons has been in the business for over 40 years, and his professionalism is obvious. The staff is friendly and patient, and ready to accommodate guests needs. I accidentally left an item behind, and Housekeeping Manger Karen located it for me and sent it to my home. I'm looking forward to my next trip to Dallas!

Sitka, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

The room was very clean and comfortable with a sitting area, desk, bath and vanity. The bed was very good with support and not too soft. And it was very quiet. The shuttle van made life easy for us with dropping us off and picking us up wherever we needed to go. Even taking us to our sunset cruise with Black Watch Sailing at the nearby marina. The food was good. The staff was absolutely friendly and excellent! I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Manalapan, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

I was just here for a business trip. The location is very good, the room was fine. There is a shuttle from the nearby airport. Breakfast was good. Most of all, I was impressed by the helpfulness of the staff with local restaurant and travel advice. I look forward to being there again in a few months.