“Friendly staff, Comfortable stay”

Hyatt Place Dallas/Grapevine
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Stayed for more than a week here during 2nd week of December. Planned to do some shopping at nearby Grapevine Mills but unfortunately, encountered the rare winter storm and was practically stuck in this hotel. Free breakfast was hot and satisfying though variety limited. But it was good considering it is free and fresh on a cold morning. Staff was approachable though sometimes a lady was a bit flustered due to the many enquiries from guests stuck in the winter storm. Room was clean and it will be better with a safe. Wifii signal not so steady. There is a ranch behind the hotel which we didnt have a chance to visit due to the weather. Overall, a good stay due to the service and location.

• Stayed: December 2013

Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

We traveled from out of state to visit family nearby. There were two adults and 4 children in our room. The hotel was clean, the beds were comfy, there was a LOT of room for all of us. The included breakfast was very good- fresh oatmeal with cranberries, yellow raisins, brown sugar, cinnamon, etc, meat and egg muffins, fresh fruit, yogurt with toppings, cereal, etc. there is a small lounge area that brews Starbucks coffee and a full room service menu 24/7. Within walking distance of Grapevine Mills Mall. The only downside was the constant noise from airplanes landing at the airport. Very friendly, accommodating staff and quick check in. We will stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We stayed here for two nights when the ice storm grounded our flight out of Dallas. Its friendly staff, some of which were grounded with us, are a highlight of the hotel. Our room had a lounge area and comfortable beds, small bathroom with sink outside. The arrangement suited us. Free wifi connection was average to poor and there is no room safe. The phone lines were down when we were there. There is a 24h shuttle which we used to pick up from DFW and drop to the Grapevine Mall. You can walk back in 15 minutes, would be easy if not for the icy pavements. We found the food options were tasty and adequate for our short stay, not so good if you were there for much longer. My son liked the bacon mcmuffin at the included breaky buffet, which was of average quality. At the time, the icy roads limited the shuttle to Mall and DFW only. Great to have a hot shower and bed to sleep in after a night at the airport...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Pros: Excellent service, great breakfast, hotel staff is willing and ready to accomodate any requests.

Cons: The room has low ceilings, bathroom is tiny (only fits 1 person which is hard when I'm trying to help my kids), hotel is much older and has been renovated.

There is a big difference between a brand new hotel and a hotel that's been renovated. I've learned the hard way that the only way to know the difference is to call and ask directly. These older hotels have tiny restrooms and low ceilings.

It was a great stay but unfortunately I won't be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stay at the Hyatt Place Grapevine regularly and find the staff always very welcoming and accommodating. The manager, Michael Simons, is such a great ambassador for Hyatt. The breakfast is always good. It is close to a great number of restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. Late night arrivals near the elevator can be tough on a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I was here on business and the staff and room were both great! The breakfast was a nice perk as well. The only minus was the tiny ironing board rather than a regular size board. Other than that, I really liked it and will be back again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

I arrived Friday for the Sunday Cowboys - Broncos game and I must say. I was amazed at the beauty of the Hyatt Hotel. Which was my first visit to one before. The room was very nice but the bed was too soft and hard to sleep in but I enjoyed it. However, I was not pleased with the serve in the bar/restaurant area later that evening. I ordered an Angus burger and it took 42 minutes for me to get it, and not to mention it was dry over cooked and burned. It also had no horseradish sauce or ??? jam that was suppose to be on the burger according to the menu. After inquiring about this to our waiter Lindsey we were told the hotel stop placing it on the burger unless it was requested and I ask her why do you have to request it if it's part of the burger and it's on the menu that way. Why does waiter not say its not included on the burger? Since it cost $14.00 for the burger. I did not want to send it back and have to wait another 30 - 40 minutes for something different. Plus, I have heard and seen the horror stories with customers returning food for whatever reasons. The drinks took just as long to get as well about 20 minutes. The bright side of this hotel is differently the room and the all you can eat breakfast employees the cook and a waiter name Alex and I must say I have not had a waiter like him in a while. It was great being their company. He was courteous, attentive, really fast with the serve, and always near to answer questions. I think the evening service really needs some improvements to make this hotel a straight five star. Since food, drinks, and service are the best parts of a hotel, I think.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple