“Great location with a great breakfast for a great value!”

Hyatt Place Dallas/Grapevine
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
N/A
“Great location with a great breakfast for a great value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

Stayed here for the Florida State vs. Oklahoma State Football game weekend. The location is very close to Dallas Ft. Worth airport (with a free shuttle) and walking distance to the Giant Bass Pro Shop store and Grapevine Outlet Mall!!! The included breakfast was much better than most other "breakfast included" hotels. Very friendly staff. Also pet friendly location for those traveling with pets as well.

• Stayed September 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Bethany, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

Bed & pillow were outstanding! Location near the outlet center for shoping, and close to Main street in Grapevine! Main street a must place to go for everyone, A clean place to walk down the street and enjoy the mom and pop shops from good eats to extraviagant items!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a Large bathroom, my shower was very small!
  • Stayed September 2014, travelled with family
Leawood, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I would have rated this hotel above average, but not very good, thus the average rating.
The room was much smaller than other Hyatt Places that we have stayed, the bathroom was exceptionally small. The breakfast was average, eating area limited considering the size of the hotel.
But those were the only negatives, the staff was exceptionally helpful, and the room was very quiet. Being only a few miles from DFW, we heard absolutely no noise from air traffic.
It is a little tricky getting to the hotel property, but once you get there, it's easy enough.
I would recommend this hotel for a quick stay, where not a lot of time would be spent on property, but basically used for a place to sleep.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Kansas City, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

This hotel is awesome! Very comfortable beds, perfect room temperature, clean, contemporary décor, Good breakfast, and very friendly staff! I have never had a more all around enjoyable hotel experience!! My family enjoyed the pool which was clean, warm, and had plenty of towels! We will definitely stay here again and recommend it!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Palm Springs, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We had 2 overnight layovers in Dallas on our way to and from cancun. We got this hotel for the first layover through expedia. It was a much better experience than I had anticipated. Our driver (I SO wish I could remember his name) was extremely friendly. On arrival we were greeted with enthusiastic smiles and warmth. When we asked about how to go about getting a taxi to get some dinner, we were told our same wonderful driver would be happy to take us into town and pick us back up again. What a fantastic service! Upon returning, we tucked our (older) children into bed and went down to have a glass of wine. While it's not a hotel "bar" per se, its still a nice feature to be able to go down to the lobby for a nightcap. Calvin was our server and he deserves a special shout out for his extreme hospitality. This guy knows customer service and how to provide it. As we left at 4:30 in the morning for our flight to Cancun, we were very pleased that, although we were too early for the complimentary breakfast, there were some granola bars and fruit to sustain us. In addition, as I was rushing out, the wonderful lady at the desk asked what flight we were taking. At first, I was slightly annoyed. I mean, I didn't know what flight number we had or why she needed to know it. UNTIL she then checked our flight number on her computer and told us which gate to go to. This saved us from having to check this info ourselves and it was so very appreciated! For our return trip, we tried expedia again and this time Hyatt Place didn't show up. I told my husband I wouldn't stay anywhere else so he booked it straight from their website. I knew it was worth it when we walked in after a tiring flight and were greeted by Calvin who said, "I recognize y'all! Welcome back! How was your vacation?" We again had a glass of wine for me and a beer for the hubby while chatting with Calvin. This guy really just takes hotel hospitality to a whole other level. If we ever find ourselves in the Dallas area again, you'll be sure that I will seek this place out.

Stayed August 2014
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed in an adjoining room with my parents, and had a crib brought up for my son. The rooms are nice though with a fridge a microwave would have been nice also. Breakfast is ok.. a bit repetitive as another traveler noted. Silly, but they didn't have plain black tea / English Breakfast. The pool was nice, they had large towels out there for use.

• Stayed July 2014
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

The hotel is very clean. The beds are so comfortable. They could use some more TV channel's. The breakfast is nice. It could become a bit repetitive as they serve the same thing every day (Breakfast sandwiches, pancakes/waffles/french toast, yogurt, fruit, cereal, bagels and pastries. The best part about it is the location. Close to highway and there is a great mall right across the street. Its about a 30min drive from Downtown Dallas so don't lean to much on Dallas being in the name of the hotel. If you forget something at home the front desk also offers small things like toothpaste, deodorant, etc, for free. No complaints here I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family