“Horrible customer service” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
San Antonio, Texas
“Horrible customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

This place left my 16 yr old daughter stranded at DFW airport during the devasting storms on Apr 3rd. I had called to see if there were rooms available for her. The person Pamela said yes there were. I ask her if I needed to make the reservation online to secure her a room. I was told no that they would send a shuttle to pick her up and everything would be fine. She waited 2 hours for a shuttle called 3 times and was rudely told she would have to just wait her turn. I started calling before the chaos really took place. This is not the kind of place I want any of my friends or family staying at anytime soon.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Nothing special. However, it is located next door to some very nice,trendy restaraunts and downtown Grapevine. Downtown features many antique and boutique type shops. It appears that they are in the middle of renovating the lobby, but no sign in the rooms. The shower had terrible water pressure. The staff is helpful,nice etc and there is a shuttle to/from airport. The free breakfast is as generic as them all,- Fruit,cereal,waffles,juice,coffee.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank jpatridge
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

I don't usually get on the internet to write reviews about hotels or as a matter of fact to write reviews about ANYTHING, but this HOTEL really had me impressed as soon as i entered the parking lot with my vehicle. The exterior of the hotel was clean and well kept, and therefore creating a welcoming personality from the moment I set eyes on this property. Once i stepped inside this hotel, i came to know that they were actually going through a renovation process, yet the hotel was still open. The employees at the hotel were very friendly and at my service whenever i needed anything. This gave me an amazing feeling of comfort. Almost as if I found a home away from home. The General Manager also was in the lobby when I walked in, and she very kindly welcomed me and asked me to please excuse the hotel's renovation process. I felt as if there wasn't anything to excuse because everything was pretty quiet and peaceful. I know one thing I can guarantee: I can't wait to see this hotel when it is finished with it's renovations. I will definitely be back at this particular hotel when I come back to visit Dallas. I would also advise anyone else to come and stay at the Baymont Inn if they would like to experience the true meaning of satisfaction. I WOULD LIKE TO THANK BAYMONT INN FOR MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. SEE YOU AGAIN IN THE FUTURE!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Alex P
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

Sleepless night due to several drunks drinking, smoking and yelling up and down the halls at 1:30 a.m.
The same drunks set off all the fire extinguishers and alarms on the 3rd floor at 4:00 a.m. Front desk said they called police, but were unable to get them to answer the door. I know good and well the hotel keeps extra keys!!
When I asked for a refund or at least a prorated rate, I was told that was not an option, but tge next time I checked into a Baymont to tell them of my experience and I might could get a discount. THERE WON'T BE A NEXT TIME!!! I'll never stay in one if these again!!
Room smelled like mildew and cigarette smoke. (Non-Smoking Room).
No hot water in shower.
No water pressure in shower.
Couldn't watch T.V. due to a lot of static.
Bed was absolutely horrible!
Room just had a dirty feel to it.

• Stayed March 2012
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed at the Baymont Inn & Suites located in Grapevine Texas over the weekend and let me tell you this was the best customer service we have ever received. The hotel is undergoing renovations, we thought about leaving however we did not and are very glad that we did not. The renovations were not a problem at all in fact everyone was so helpful, you do not get this kind of service at five star hotels. From the front desk staff to housekeeping everyone went way above what we expected. The staff was very excited about all the changes they are making, in fact they ask that we return and see the finished guestrooms coming next month. We are coming to Main Street Days in May in Grapevine Texas and would not stay anywhere else but the Baymont Inn & Suites. Thanks for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Great service for a great price.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Will R
Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

Under construction; in-room microwave, refrig, and safe do not work. Desk says it's because they are going to be removed during remodeling. Windows do not shut properly in king suite. Again, remodeling will fix it. But in the meantime, be aware of problems before you register. Room was extra clean.

Room Tip: inspect it before you accept it
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Tomball, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times in the last few weeks. Nov. Dec 2011. I found the hotel clean and comfortable. It is easy to get to just off the freeway. Economically priced, has nice furnishings, a TV that doesn't try to force you to watch pay per view, a continental breakfast that is more that adequate, and a friendly staff eager to make your stay enjoyable . I will stay here on my next trip to the area.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business