“Fast service, great value, and good food!”
Review of Oldwest Cafe

Oldwest Cafe
Ranked #3 of 251 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I found the Oldwest Cafe online looking for a breakfast place with good reviews and we were not disappointed. In fact it was so good we came back a second time!

The flapjacks are HUGE! Trust me, even for a person with a hearty appetite one or two are plenty! I couldn't completely finish two of them! My wife really liked their ham and the first time I we visited I had one of their biscuit & gravy skillets which was quite good!

The service was very fast, they actually send the orders back to the kitchen electronically and on average our order was out in about five minutes.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Let us start out by saying that we're fairly particular, in that we truly appreciate authenticity, old-school style and that hidden gem off the beaten path. Oldwest Cafe isn't that, but it did deliver a tasty, lively breakfast in the adorable historic town of Grapevine, TX. We expected a cafe (think booths that can tell stories, coffee-stained menus, waitresses in support socks). Instead, we discovered a hopping franchise-feel restaurant that had something for everyone on the expansive breakfast menu, and a bit of an Applebee's feel. At $2.29 a cup, the coffee was pricey but decent and free-flowing. Fried potatoes, first rate, non-greasy, perfectly cooked. Biscuits, good but hard to distinguish from Bisquick-brand. Over-medium eggs were more of a sunny-side situation, but fine. Best part? BECKY! Our friendly waitress had a great attitude, was attentive, personal and took the time out of her busy morning to chat with us and take this photo. As for the meal, we're full and set for the day!

Reviewed 8 September 2013

We visited Oldwest Cafe on the weekend and had to wait but it was well worth it. The menu has so much to offer. One of the things I appreciated most was that you could pretty much build your own selection. I ordered the cowgirl and wanted to try the almond French toast but couldn't eat that much. The server suggested I choose the French toast in lieu of the two sides......perfect! We liked it so much we ate there the next morning before heading home. This time I chose the cowgirl and two sides, again perfect for me. My husband ordered breakfast for his hearty appetite. Breakfast here was one of the best we have ever had, cooked exactly to our liking and the service was great.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

My friend who lives in Grapevine suggested Oldwest Café for breakfast. You know it is a good place when people are sitting on the curb reading the menu. Then again, that could mean there will be a long wait. The hostess said there should not be a long wait since there were only 2 of us. Enjoyed waiting and seeing the food come out. Everything looked so good and portions are huge. One thing I noticed as well, all of the staff were smiling, like they were really happy to be there! We ordered Crispy Cinnamon French Toast, Lemon Pancakes, side of bacon, and HAD to try the potatoes. Everything was delicious. I especially loved the lemon pancakes with blueberry syrup. There were SO many choices on the menu; it was difficult to make a decision. Prices were reasonable. Something I have never seen was the servers placing orders on an iPhone! Impressive. Will go back if I'm in the area again.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I love eating at Oldwest when I am visiting my in-laws. I eat there a couple of times a year. The breakfast menu has so many choices that are right up my alley. The food tastes delicious and the portions are HUGE.

My ding is their tipping policy which has changed since I was there in the spring. When I went to pay, I used a credit card. The cashier scanned the card and turned the computer monitor around for me to finish payment. To my surprise I was forced into choosing to tip 20%, 22% or 25%. I HATE THIS. I tip according to the service I receive. Most of the time I tip over 20%. However when you tell me what I am going to tip and when others can see what my choice, that creates an unpleasant experience.

2  Thank Lucyvp2