“Breakfast Served All Day Long”
Review of Oldwest Cafe

Oldwest Cafe
Ranked #2 of 245 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Those who really know me have come to learn that I am a foodie and breakfast is my favorite meal, especially if I can get it any time -- or to be more precise -- when I want it. Restaurants that stop serving breakfast at 10 AM just don't have a clue. Now let's talk about Oldwest Cafe (they have several locations and all are consistently good). Their food is delicious, the service is great and the atmosphere is down-home country. I can get creative when I come to Oldwest and this last time I created a Mexican style omelet with sausage, onions, green pepper and jalapenos and added a side of refried beans and flour tortillas (2 sides come with the omelet) for a taste sensation. My business associate opted for lunch and had the Pot Roast, which he said was outstanding. All-in-all, if there's a line, it's worth the wait, and the prices are reasonable.

1  Thank Bruce W

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine and found their $14 (adults)/$8 (kids) [+tax & tip] breakfast a little steep. Just a few blocks down the road is OldWest Cafe. For about half the price, our crew enjoyed not one but two mornings of delicious, homemade breakfasts. The cafe is homey and clean, and we all raved about the food.

2  Thank aprilcobb
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed a delicious breakfast with a friend this morning! I got the spinach/tomato eggs Benedict and my friend got the almond crusted French toast. Both meals had sides as well. Many sides to choose from. We shared both meals and agreed that both were wonderful!
Waitress was friendly and came back several times with fresh hot coffee.
We will be back! There is a 10% senior discount as well.
Note for next time- we probably could have shared one meal and that would have been plenty. But it would be hard to decide what to choose so many yummy entrees.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I first went to Old West in a Grapevine in August 2013 with a close friend. I have since returned three times including two times in January 2014 with family and friends. Everyone should be able to find a good choice on the breakfast menu since it is so extensive (categories include pancakes, French toast, basic eggs and meat, skillets, omelets, Tex-Mex and "hats" (eggs, meat and other served on either English muffins or biscuits). All categories have multiple versions. Very tasty, portions ate large so be prepared to split or take home. Great service with simple rustic decor. I feel quite certain that you will enjoy this place and want to return many times.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Can't add much to the other high scores, except I had the lemon, with fresh blueberries, single pancake out of curiosity. Excellent, fresh flavors! Nothing artificial tasting here. My eggs, bacon and hash browns "Broncho" breakfast was spot on, while the spouse's assessment of her huge chicken fried steak lunch echoed mine. It's a busy, noisy, crowded and locally popular eating establishment, well worth the drive and having to scrounge for a parking place. (They have other locations, but I've not tried them.) A co-worker recommend this place. Now that I've been, you've gotta go, go, go! PS - you DO have a choice as to how much to tip, regardless of the on-screen suggested percentages at the checkout counter.

Been to Oldwest Cafe? Share your experiences!