“A great time!”

Black Watch Sailing Charters
Ranked #1 of 14 Tours in Grapevine
More attraction details
Owner description: Old World romance of the sea in DFW.
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We set sail at 7 p.m. in mid-July. Probably should have waited until about 8 p.m. this time of year, but it was still delightful. Capt. Dave took time to tell us about the Black Watch and give us plenty of good instructions for getting around on the boat. We sat up front and just took in the beauty of the sunset while they did all the work! It was well worth the cost. I highly recommend this for a unique and thoroughly entertaining evening.

All reviews
"fireworks show"
"anniversary celebration"
"valentine's day"

Reviewed 15 July 2014

WOW! Awesome and unforgettable from start to finish for all ages. Captain Dave provides the total package of professionalism, customer service and expertise. His passion for sailing and The Black Watch, a magnificent vessel that is meticulously maintained and full of historic charm, is contagious. My grandsons will never forget the experience and plan on learning to sail when we return to Georgia.
I found Capt. Dave's website while searching for things to do with my family while attending a conference in Grapevine. His quick response to a late night email was just the first of several contacts via phone and email to discuss how he could personalize our cruise to meet the needs and expectations of every member of our family.
Thanks Capt. Dave for your kindness and hospitality. The lake, sunset, appetizer tray, fireworks, conversation and crew were all spectacular. Your attention to detail made this an amazing adventure. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND to others and hope we have another opportunity to return and cruise with you again.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

My husband surprised me with a dinner and sailboat ride for our 1st anniversary! It was AMAZING, from the dinner to the sunset. Captain Dave was very personable from the get go and made us feel right at home. Dinner was magnificent and after the sailing was great! Would definitely do this again!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Wanted to do a sunset cruise on Grapevine Lake with my son and daughter (who was visiting from out of town) and found Black Watch Sailing Charters. From the minute we walked to the boat with Captain Dave telling us the history of the boat I was so excited to see it. And then there it was, this beautiful sailing boat and all its glory. As we walked on board and looked around, we were even more at awe as Captain Dave told us more of the history of this boat. Just beautiful! We enjoyed every minute of the two hour sail as we watched the sunset! Breathtaking view! We brought our cooler of drinks and Captain Dave served us during the sail. So relaxing and what wonderful memories we have of that two hour sail. Captain Dave was so accommodating and such a joy to talk to during the sail as well as before booking the cruise.Thanks Captain Dave and Alexis! A memorable sunset cruise! We will be back!