“Excellent staff and included meals”

Homewood Suites Dallas - DFW Airport N - Grapevine
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Jacksonville
“Excellent staff and included meals”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed at Homewood Suites even though my conference was at a nearby hotel that I considered overpriced. Shuttle driver was always accomodating and not only did the room come with a breakfast but a dinner four nights of the week also. Room was like a small timeshare as it had a kitchen for your use if you wanted to cook or use refrig or microwave.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Sorina V, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dallas - DFW Airport N - Grapevine, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for your lovely comments about my staff and your entire stay. We hope to see you soon on your next trip to Grapevine!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Turkish first
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend trip to see a game. It was just myself in the room. I arrived Saturday and checked in. I was a bit early and they had my room ready which is always nice. I'm used to other Homewood Hotels where there is a 1 bedroom and a separate other room. This was not like that. It wasn't plain when I booked the room but it was just one big room. It did say Studio Suite on the booking but as I have spent > 180 days in hotels this year alone, I am quick with my booking and overlooked it. I'm used to other Homewood that have the regular suites. I didn't mark them off, it was just one of those oops moments. It's located right in the Grapevine Mall which is a plus with food and other amenities nearby. The front desk staff was very nice and the breakfast in the morning (I only got to eat it once as I had to leave early my second day) was good as is the usual for the Homewood brand. The only complaint I really had was that I left in the morning on Sunday to go see the game and got back around 4pm exhausted to find my room not cleaned. I had to wait until almost 4:30 for them to come and clean my room and then go sit outside the room while they cleaned so I could do some work. I understand they have a lot of rooms to clean but it's a pain when you are gone from 7:30am until 4pm only to come back and find you can just crash for a couple of hours without not getting housekeeping.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area especially with family. The only bad part about the location is returning a rental car requires you pay the toll to go through DFW or to go around to the south entrance which tacks on time. Otherwise take their shuttle and you are golden.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Sorina V, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dallas - DFW Airport N - Grapevine, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
I’m glad you had a wonderful stay and nice to know how pleasant your stay was. I do apologize about housekeeping not getting to your room quicker. In the future if you like call down to the front desk and we would be more than happy to tell housekeeping to start on your room at that time. I do thank you for your response and nice comments about our hotel. We look forward to your next trip to Grapevine!
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Very nice experience and an awesome location to boot! You're located directly across the street from the Grapevine Mills mall; which in itself, is excellent. There is a pub called Bonnie and Clyde's in the Hilton which is also located across the street. The staff at the hotel are all very friendly and very helpful. There was a nice little breakfast for you if you chose to get up early. There was a fridge, microwave and coffee machine in room which is very handy if you are planning on staying for a while. We used the shuttle van....a lot!!! The drivers were all excellent and knowledgeable. There was one particular driver, Ricardo who stood out among the rest! He got our sense of humour and had his own humour to add. Hey Ricardo, watch your head or I'll laugh at you!!

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are good. You do have to remember that you are located by the airport an...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
I'm glad you had a wonderful stay with us and glad to hear all the good things you had to share! We hope to see you soon on your next trip to Grapevine.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2013

we stayed here with 3 children. The staff could not have been more helpful. nothing was too much trouble. it was a well run set up that the staff are evidently proud of. We used the shuttle service to and from the airport and on both occaisions and it is a very good service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Sorina V, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dallas - DFW Airport N - Grapevine, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
I really appreciate you for taking the time to complete this on-line survey rating your satisfaction with the hotel and service. I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and are happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. Hope to see you soon on your next trip to Grapevine.
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This is a nice hotel close to the DFW airport. The rooms include full sized refrigerators, a microwave, dishwasher, and kitchen. It also includes a simple breakfast in the morning. A shuttle is available to take you to/from anywhere in a 5-mile radius.

It is north of the airport, so if you are renting a car, you'll have a longer drive to/from the rental car site (which is south of the airport), so keep that in mind.

The hotel also includes a pool, fitness room, and business center (PCs and printers). Wi-Fi is free in both the rooms and common areas.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Glen P
Sorina V, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dallas - DFW Airport N - Grapevine, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
I would like to thank you personally for choosing to stay at our hotel and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We really appreciate you for taking the time to complete this on-line survey rating your satisfaction with the hotel and service. Thank you for the great feedback and hope to see you soon on your next trip to Grapevine.
Belton, United States
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The hotel was clean, the service was ok. The quality was not what I expected for price compared to other Homewood Suites I've stayed in. The A/C in my room did not appear to be able to keep room cool. On the upside, the location was optimal for the business I was in town for.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Sorina V, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dallas - DFW Airport N - Grapevine, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
I’m sadden to hear that our staff was ok service. We always try to go above and beyond for our guest and to make them feel welcomed. Its hard to read that my staff would not portray such warmth and quality in the service they provide. However, I’m glad the rest of your stay was pleasant and do hope to see you on you next trip to Grapevine.
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Homewood Suites has a pretty consistent product and this was a fine example of the brand. No surprises if you know the Homewood. The staff were all very pleasant and accommodating for any request and generally happy. I was in town for a two week conference near DFW and found the location convenient to the airport, a ton of restaurants and shopping -There is a huge mall and Bass Pro across the street. Within a 15 minute drive you can find every chain and some very good local places to eat for every food type. There are even several close enough to walk home should you not ant to drive. Bring your clubs, lots of good golf all around the Big D as we'll. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: The first floor near the kitchen can be noisy. A travel partner hear ice shoveling early each morni...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Sorina V, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dallas - DFW Airport N - Grapevine, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
I would like to thank you personally for choosing to stay at our hotel and are happy to hear that mys staff was warm and accommodating with you. We really appreciate you for taking the time to complete this on-line survey rating your satisfaction with the hotel and service. Hope to see you soon on your next trip to Grapevine.