“Great Location - Great Place to Stay”

Homewood Suites Dallas - DFW Airport N - Grapevine
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Clive, Iowa
“Great Location - Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed 27 October 2010

I chose the Grapevine location for our first visit to the DFW Metroplex based on its proximity to the airport and its position in the center of it all. I also found the proximity to the Grapevine Mall, short distance to downtown Grapevine and lots of local dining appealing. My only hope was that the Grapevine CVB had not oversold their town. Overall we were not disappointed in our choice to stay where we did. And our choice of the Homewood Suites Grapevine was just an added bonus.
Unfortunately by the time I booked our stay the 1 room 2 bed suites had sold out. The upside to the 2 bedrooms was a lot of space. The downside was the additional cost. Housekeeping was excellent. Their room cleaning was almost "magical" in that we would leave each day and when we came back our room was clean. Sometimes I told the front desk we were leaving and sometimes not. And the room's cleanliness was notable. If anyone from the hotel management reads this review I want to extend my compliments to their cleaning staff.
Breakfast was acceptable. My husband and I eat cold cereal (Raisin Bran was the only healthy, high fiber choice available), oj, wheat toast, banana and skim milk. Healthier cereal choices including oatmeal and high fiber whole wheat bread would be a great additions to the options. The only complaint I would have would be the front desk staff. When we went to check out the CSR at the front desk was terribly confused by our bill - or lack there of due to prepayment of the stay. He just stared at the computer screen and we finally just left. Better training of the staff would be beneficial to all concerned.
During our stay we went to Fossil Rim Wildlife Park in Glen Rose (a day trip). It was wonderful to experience the animals close up. Seeing the giraffes bend down into the sunroof of the car ahead of us was a hoot! It was well worth the extra time to drive that far away. A visit to Southfork Ranch in Plano area brought back great memories of the Dallas series on TV. We attended the Great Texas State Fair - the biggest in the country. Everything was "deep fried" but still a great experience. The Grapevine Opry was very close by on Saturday night and is a great showcase for local country talent.
The DFW Metroplex is a great destination and I would recommend it (and the Homewood Suites Grapevine) to all who are interested.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed 22 August 2010

I am staying at this hotel for the 4rd time now and it had never let me down on value and public relations. Bill, Ricardo and Julia had been shuttling me to and from many times now and I am met by friendly faces when I stepped out of the airport and hopped into the shuttle.

Amy had consistently helped to ensure that the guests have a good stay, otherwise, she will gladly offer some fair exchange. That is how friendly the place is, from management and what more to the Front Desk staff like Hannah.who easily settled me in on checking in.

I always get a good stay stay and any requests, whatever they may be like meal reservation due to work or training, are always accommodated. All you need to do is to talk to the hotel staff.

Rooms and amenities are always cleaned and arranged before the day ends by the housekeeping staff, and they do respect your privacy should you be still in the room and coming by to housekeep only when you are out. 7 days a week, mind you.

There had been improvement to the meals over time. Obvious as I am a returning guest. Buffet is the usual order and if you like something else other than hotel fare, Grapvine Mills Mall is just a short walk away. Boasting of numerous branded shopping outlets and department stores, there are many shopping options, not to mention many food stalls located in the middle of the mall. And it seems like new shops are still opening there.

Just outside the mall are many other specialty shops and dining options. So shopping and dining is never an issue with at stay there.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 17 July 2010

This was a very nice room but there were four of us so two slept on the queen size bed and two of us slept on the pull out sofa. I can't say about the bed but the sofa bed was very uncomfortable.

• Stayed August 2010
Canton,Ohio
Reviewed 27 June 2010

I am just finishing up my stay in Dallas/ Grapevine and decided to write this review. This Hotel is located in a large mall area with several eating and shopping destinations. It is also located near DFW Airport... and about 20 minutes from either downtown Dallas or The ballpark at Arlington. The rooms are typical Homewood suites, We were missing a tile in the kitchen floor and the sink plunger didn't work in the room. The staff sent a letter to our room addressed for someone else. I called the front desk (Shane or Shawn??) to make sure that they Knew someone else was in the room and they said don't worry about it and hung up. Overall the hotel itself seems well kept and busy.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
AmyBovis, Manager at Homewood Suites Dallas - DFW Airport N - Grapevine, responded to this review, 9 July 2010
I want you to know that I appreciate the time you took to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. It is through feedback like yours that allows us the opportunity to correct the issues and ensure that this will not occur again. Because vacations are very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. We have taken care of the isolated maintenance situation in the suite and I will be reaching out to you in order to make this right.
las vegas
Reviewed 7 May 2010

I stayed at this hotel with a large group, and we were treated very well. There is plenty of seating in the lobby and they also let us hang out in the conference room.

In addition to free airport service, the hotel shuttle will take you anywhere within 5 miles of the hotel, which is very handy if you aren't renting a car.

Great location, right next to Grapevine Mills Mall.

If I had to pick one thing to complain about, it would be the temperature of the pool! It was way too warm in there.

• Stayed May 2010
1 Thank ariello
Comox, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2010

I stayed at this hotel just last weekend with a group of women. About 25 of us from all over the US and Canada descended on this place. We were treated very well from the moment we were picked up at the airport by Ricardo until we checked out Monday morning. My room was quiet and comfortable. The only sketchy thing was my toilet. The handle just kind of dangled there and, when I took the lid off, I found that the flapper was held to the chain with a zip tie. Not sure what the story was there. Breakfast was probably pretty standard, better if you are not gluten intolerant as I am, but the coffee was good and always on. We were given a meeting room to hang out in the first night and even took over the lobby seating area on our last night there. I would absolutely recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2010
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 29 April 2010

We stayed here 3 nights in April 2010. We choose a room with 2 bedrooms and a full kitchen. We were travelling with two kids (5 and 2 1/2) and they both loved the room and the hotel.
Not sure what the other reviewers say about the food - breakfast was fantastic. Never had lunch in the hotel so can't comment on that. Breakfast food changed slightly every day that we were there which was nice; things available were eggs, sausages, bacon, hashbrowns, fruit, yogurt, toast, cinnamon buns, bagels, english muffins, good selection of cerals, 2 waffle makers, coffee, juices, etc.
Plenty to satify any tastes and all food was excellent.
We arrived on a saturday night and the first morning (Sunday) was very busy in the breakfast area as the hotel must have been nearly full, but the staff managed to keep up with the guests and there was enough seating for everyone.
The pool was a real hit with our kids - it is indoor, and very nice and warm, and the hotel even supplied some pool toys/floating things for kids.
The room was very spacious, great for a family, and had 3 tv's!
The beds were very comfy, and the hotel is an easy walk across the road to grapevine mills mall, which had a nice play area for the kids (and has a disney store - they seemed to somehow find it :))
There only minor negative we experienced, nothing major, was the dvd players - the hotel offers dvd players or vcr's (just ask at the front desk) however we tried 2 dvd players and none of them worked - not sure if it was the tv or the player, but could never get it to work - we had brought a portable dvd with us so the kids just used that.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family