I chose the Grapevine location for our first visit to the DFW Metroplex based on its proximity to the airport and its position in the center of it all. I also found the proximity to the Grapevine Mall, short distance to downtown Grapevine and lots of local dining appealing. My only hope was that the Grapevine CVB had not oversold their town. Overall we were not disappointed in our choice to stay where we did. And our choice of the Homewood Suites Grapevine was just an added bonus.
Unfortunately by the time I booked our stay the 1 room 2 bed suites had sold out. The upside to the 2 bedrooms was a lot of space. The downside was the additional cost. Housekeeping was excellent. Their room cleaning was almost "magical" in that we would leave each day and when we came back our room was clean. Sometimes I told the front desk we were leaving and sometimes not. And the room's cleanliness was notable. If anyone from the hotel management reads this review I want to extend my compliments to their cleaning staff.
Breakfast was acceptable. My husband and I eat cold cereal (Raisin Bran was the only healthy, high fiber choice available), oj, wheat toast, banana and skim milk. Healthier cereal choices including oatmeal and high fiber whole wheat bread would be a great additions to the options. The only complaint I would have would be the front desk staff. When we went to check out the CSR at the front desk was terribly confused by our bill - or lack there of due to prepayment of the stay. He just stared at the computer screen and we finally just left. Better training of the staff would be beneficial to all concerned.
During our stay we went to Fossil Rim Wildlife Park in Glen Rose (a day trip). It was wonderful to experience the animals close up. Seeing the giraffes bend down into the sunroof of the car ahead of us was a hoot! It was well worth the extra time to drive that far away. A visit to Southfork Ranch in Plano area brought back great memories of the Dallas series on TV. We attended the Great Texas State Fair - the biggest in the country. Everything was "deep fried" but still a great experience. The Grapevine Opry was very close by on Saturday night and is a great showcase for local country talent.
The DFW Metroplex is a great destination and I would recommend it (and the Homewood Suites Grapevine) to all who are interested.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Homewood Suites by Hilton® Dallas-DFW Airport N-Grapevine extended stay, all-suite hotel is located between Dallas and Fort Worth. It is only 2 miles north of the DFW International Airport and offers a complimentary airport shuttle. Enjoy complimentary hot full breakfast daily, grocery shopping service, and high speed internet, pool, and fitness center. Be at home, as all rooms are equipped with a full kitchen, microwave, dishwasher, and full-sized refrigerator. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Suites Dallas - DFW Airport N - Grapevine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Dallas-Dfw Airport n-Grapevine Hotel Grapevine
- Homewood Suites Grapevine
- Homewood Grapevine
- Grapevine Homewood Suites
- Homewood Suites Dallas - DFW Airport N - Grapevine Texas