Our stay at the hotel was fine. It's overpriced and gimmicky, but that's to be expected. I have no problem with that...
My problem is paying $30 a day for valet, calling 15 minutes before we were ready to leave so as to give them plenty of time to get the car and have it warming up given it was 40 degrees outside and then showing up to find that they have done nothing. I got to the valet desk only to find that they hadn't requested my car...and didn't care. The girl behind the glass wall was unapologetic as she knew I called earlier. She mumbled something and then pushed my keys through a hole and said my car would be up in a little while. More than 20 minutes later my car still hadn't arrived... I was not happy as I was now going to be late. More so there was a lull in the cars out front so it became very obvious that they had forgotten again... I went up and was not as graceful asking when I would get it as they had plenty of time. They jumped a little more this time, but it still took another 10 minutes and my car was ice cold on the inside when they pulled up. All in all is was a horrible experience with a company that doesn't train employees on service and has grown big enough that apparently they don't care. I called to let them know of my experience and after more than 5 minutes on hold (per my cell phone) I finally hung up.
Don't waste your time. There are way too many other options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You'll arrive through a ranch-style archway surrounded by rolling pastureland. Along the way, rugged canyon walls rise steadily to frame your first glimpse of the breathtaking new Gaylord. Sitting high on a bluff overlooking the glistening waters of Lake Grapevine, just eight minutes from D/FW International Airport, this awe-inspiring resort welcomes you to an authentic Texas experience. From the colorful Riverwalk and wide-open Texas Hill Country to the aura of Southwest-style architecture and the majestic Rio-Grande, its all here under our signature glass dome. Here, we offer state-of-the-art convention and meeting facilities, endless entertainment, World-class spa & fitness center, lavish guest rooms and our tradition of unsurpassed hospitality. Everything in on place so you can have it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Texan Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord Texan Hotel Grapevine
- Gaylord Texas Resort
- Gaylord Texas Hotel
- The Gaylord Texan
- Gaylord Texan Grapevine
- Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center Grapevine, Texas
- Gaylord Grapevine