Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Reviewed 4 March 2014

for the size of the room, and the price of the room it is a waste of money, I would rather stay at the courtyard hotel down the street pay less and have better size room, the service is terrible and the front office manager is a complete liar I could tell she was just telling what I wanted to hear what a phony

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank bre2307
GaylordTexanResort, Customer Care Specialist at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

bre2307,

Thank you so much for providing your review in regards of your stay. On behalf of Gaylord Texan, I want to apologize the room accommodations and service at our resort were not to your satisfaction. Our team’s goal is to provide flawless service and provide assistance to all of our guests. Please feel free to email me at Tfeedbackmailbox@gaylordhotels.com to better assist you. Again, thank you for your review and I hope you have a great day.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,277)

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

This is a huge and pretty resort. The rooms are nice, but we did not have any drawers for our clothes, which was weird. We did have a great view of the lake from our top story room. Even though it is big and was totally booked during our convention, it did not feel crowded. There is a local shuttle service, but we didn't know about it until our third day. As with most resorts, everything costs too much, but the margaritas/ mixed drinks were especially ridiculous. If you don't have a car, this place can get boring when it is too cool to use pools, outside grounds, lake etc. I think it would be much more enjoyable during warm weather.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
GaylordTexanResort, Customer Care Specialist at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Leslie L,

Thank you for providing your review and staying at our resort. On behalf of Gaylord Texan I am glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us. I am extremely sorry the information about the shuttles wasn’t distributed to you sooner. We do hope you get to come back during the summer to enjoy our Paradise Springs pool complex.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Was here for a conference and have mixed feelings. The resort itself is MASSIVE and impressive. Sorta like a economy Vegas hotel without the casinos! Rooms all well furnished and comfortable, staff all friendly and always willing to assist. The meals I had varied dramatically, but probably a reflection on the conference itself. I do know that service in the bars wasn't great - always too few staff and too many clients. Overall it was a good stay but I'd hate to be there as a paying guest when there's a large conference on next door.

N_McL,
Thank you for staying at our resort and providing your review. We are pleased to know you enjoyed the rooms accommodations and our STARS were always willing to assist you. Thank you for your information about the bars as this will help us imporve our services. We do hope you get to come back soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

If you want big and garish...it's the place. Beyond that, I wasn't impressed.

I was there for a conference - 4 days and 4 nights. The front desk staff were on their game. First impression: Very good! But it ended there. The room was clean but not "done". There was tissue paper stuck in the door's peep-hole; a business card/note from engineering about a fix made...apparently intended for the previous guest who had a problem with something in the room.

The Italian restaurant was okay, nothing special and likewise the Mexican too.

Upon returning home I realized that I'd left a set of earphones that I run with on the desk and upon calling was given to security who couldn't have sounded any less interested. She dutifully noted, and repeated back to me my name, phone number and the room number, whereupon she stated that if it was turned in, I would be notified. When I asked her for the name of the housekeeping manager, she became resistive and relented only when I asked a third time and she realized that I was not going to be give up.

I won't go back if I can help it.

2  Thank Kahley

Kahley,

Thank you for providing your review in regards of your stay with us. On behalf of Gaylord Texan I want to apologize in regards of your experience with the room cleanliness and your missing headphones. The cleanliness of our rooms is extremely important and I will make sure our housekeeping team is aware of the incident. Please email me directly at Tfeedbackmailbox.com so I can better assist you in regards of your headphones. Thank you again for your review and hope you have a great day.

Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

I am currently staying at the Gaylord Texan for a conference. The peppery itself is lovely...huge and clean with plenty of amenities. Service, however, is spotty at best. The first night I was placed in a room overlooking one of the bars. I could hear the music from inside my room and immediately requested a room move away from the plaza. The front desk informed me there were no rooms and they could try and get me earplugs. Perhaps there were no rooms of the same type available; however since I was asked upon check-in if I wished to upgrade for an additional fee, I'm sure there was at least one room to which I could have been moved. After a call to Marriott customer service the following morning and a chat with the very nice hotel manager, I was moved to a much quieter room on the other side.
Today I spent the entire day at a conference only to return at 4:15 and discover my room had not yet been cleaned. While most people were extremely nice and the facilities above average, I would expect more from a hotel with $250-300/night standard rooms.
On the plus side there are several dining/bar options, a good-sized fitness center and two pools.
Overall, I would choose a different property at which to stay in the future.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CT_Tenn

CT_Tenn,

Thank you so much for staying with us and providing your review in regards of your stay. On behalf of Gaylord Texan, I want to apologize for the issues you experienced with the room service and the location. When you were staying with us, our property was completely full and unfortunately our front desk team couldn’t accommodate your request. I am glad to know the next day, once rooms became available, you were accommodated to a quieter room. Our upgraded rooms are the ones facing the atrium and we are sorry you were placed in front of our restaurant. in regards of the room service, I passed this information to our housekeeping manager. Thank you again for staying and we hope you get to come back.

Stayed for 5 days for a meeting: in point form
1. Convenient place for a meeting, as hotel is in the same building
2. Tried all the restaurants: plus points is that service is really good, food about 7-8/10, but be ready to spend about 20-30 USD per person for a drink and a main dish, more is your order appetizer and if it's at the hickory steakhouse, about 50-100 USD ( steak, appetizer and a glass of wine). Convenient to have choices in the resort
3. Charged for "resort fee" even if paradise springs is closed....guess that fee was for the 2 bottled water, wifi use and entry at the glass cactus (never used it).... Even if they say to 18 USD, we were charged 50 USD...without any explanation...so room was about 300 USD per person
4. Since my friend was a platinum marriott member ...they said we were given an upgrade....but upon entering the room, it was 2 queen beds, a bath tub ( apparently that was the upgrade) and for 300 USD, no bathrobe, no slippers and I've had better for less. Room was clean, ok, but looked dated, not what you would expect after seeing the outside.
5. For 2 consecutive days, as we come back at 1pm we come back to a room uncleared. So, we had to call every morning and say our room was ready for cleaning. Also, had to ask for new toiletries everyday...they do not automatically refill...even when we wrote a note together with a tip.
6. The saving grace is the good service given to us.
Overall, I would stay here for convenience, but for a Marriott, it does not live up to its name. And it does live up to the mediocre reviews, so I didn't expect much when we came

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
GaylordTexanResort, Customer Care Specialist at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Melody 1715,

Thank you for staying at our resort and providing your review in regards of your stay. On behalf of Gaylord Texan, I want to apologize the room was not to your satisfaction. The $50 pending authorization is an automatic authorization for any incidentals in the room. It usually drops off 3-5 business days after your stay. In regards of the room clean, I passed this information to our housekeeping team to review procedures on room service for stay over guests. Again, thank you so much for your review as this will help us improve our guest services.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I had to stop here for a weekend during a business trip. What is nice about this property is everything you need is right here on location. The rooms are very nice and tastefully decorated. The beds are very comfortable. There are several restaurants, bars and coffee shops. There is shopping, a spa and fitness center, pools and an indoor jogging trail. You really do not need to even leave here to have a great time. The staff is friendly and extremely helpful. They offer shuttles to go to the downtown historic district and this is all just a 10 min drive from DFW airport. If you have a weekend and looking for something to do, this is a great resort to stay at.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view