I wanted to take my 3 sisters on a much needed get away for the weekend because we have had various tragedies happen in our family over a short period of time. I had been to the Gaylord a few other times on business as well as pleasure and always enjoyed my stays. This time we planned to relax at pool and float the lazy river (which was not open) then visit the huge screen in the Texas station sports bar to cheer our team the Thunder against the Grizzlies. Everyone at the hotel seemed to be great upon arrival. The rooms are always nice and clean. We went to the pool and had the worst service! It took forever to get a server. Everyone at the pool complained. Went for a massage and it was not as I had remembered. We felt like cattle. We then went to dinner at the sports bar and it went well. We made our plans to watch the game the next evening. We visited the glass cactus Where I was shocked to see the band dressed in tacky costumes however the music was great but good luck getting service! The next day we shopped at the mall went again to the bad service pool, then changed into our Thunder gear and proceeded to the Texas Station SPORTS BAR to reserve our front row and watch the game. All dressed in Thunder gear-
Asked the manager if he would put our game on the big screen which is huge. He seemed reluctant but other fans were there so he did. We then had a very hard time getting a waitress. She finally brought our drinks and food and as we cheered our team we heard several others cheering for the Grizzlies. We were way out numbered however, it's a game and it's a SPORTS bar so we were assuming everything was fine until the manager came over and asked us to lower our voices! Unbelievable! We were shocked to say the least. Not only were we being singled out because we love our Thunder and but we were also being not served because of it! Of course we left and resorted to our room to finish the game- which we won! My youngest sister and I became violently ill after eating the same nachos which we reported to hotel management! They took the food off the bill and comped one night of parking. Hahaha. Unbelievable! After a ruined night! Thunder Fans beware! Not only do you get bad service but may also end up with a really bad belly ache!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You'll arrive through a ranch-style archway surrounded by rolling pastureland. Along the way, rugged canyon walls rise steadily to frame your first glimpse of the breathtaking new Gaylord. Sitting high on a bluff overlooking the glistening waters of Lake Grapevine, just eight minutes from D/FW International Airport, this awe-inspiring resort welcomes you to an authentic Texas experience. From the colorful Riverwalk and wide-open Texas Hill Country to the aura of Southwest-style architecture and the majestic Rio-Grande, its all here under our signature glass dome. Here, we offer state-of-the-art convention and meeting facilities, endless entertainment, World-class spa & fitness center, lavish guest rooms and our tradition of unsurpassed hospitality. Everything in on place so you can have it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Texan Hotel Grapevine
- Gaylord Texan Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord Texas Resort
- Gaylord Texas Hotel
- The Gaylord Texan
- Gaylord Texan Grapevine
- Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center Grapevine, Texas
- Gaylord Grapevine