“Good stay but Atrium can be loud at night”

Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Rockwall, Texas
“Good stay but Atrium can be loud at night”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed here to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. It was great relaxing at Paradise Springs, having a drink and soaking up some sun. Dinner at Old Hickory was fantastic and consistently awesome compared to our last visit 2 years ago. Our room was in the Riverwalk section, 2nd level with Atrium view. The issue we experienced was with some inconsiderate young males playing on the bean bag game boards. These guys were extremely loud from 11pm until about 1am. At midnight I called Guest Services to complain and they asked them to please be quiet. But being drunken jerks, they ignored the Staff and continued to be loud. Being it's the Atrium their noise echoed throughout and I'm sure they disturbed many other guests.

I want to compliment the Gaylord staff when we checked out. When asked how our stay was, we were honest that everything was great except the inconsiderate jerks being loud late at night. I didn't ask for anything but the Staff member reduced our room price by 50%. We thought this was a great gesture and showed they care about their guests stay. We will return to the Gaylord but probably request an outside view and not in the Riverwalk section.

Room Tip: If an Atrium room is not important, request an outside view. It can be noisy at night and the noise...
1 Thank George B
GaylordTexanResort, Customer Care Specialist at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
George B,

Thank you for staying at our resort and providing your review towards your stay. Congratulations on your 20th wedding anniversary! Our team strives to provide flawless service and we are glad to know the front desk agent was able to assist you in regards of the noise issues you experienced. We will be more than glad to assist you with your outside view request when you come back. Thank you again and hope you have a wonderful day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,134)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The resort is beautiful, but even thought it was warm weather, lazy river was closed. The room was nice, but the walls were quite thin. I heard the person in the other room quite clearly, which made be believe that they could hear me as well. Nice to have the little refrig in the room and the safe. It was also most convenient to the conference I attended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
GaylordTexanResort, Customer Care Specialist at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Bellhome004,

Thank you for posting your review in regards of your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback towards the facility and our rooms as this will help us review our room accommodations for our guests. Hopefully you get to come back to enjoy our Paradise Springs Complex. Thank you again, and hope you have a great day!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Visited this location with grandchildren and they loved it. They had the Paradise lazy river park open which was a lot of fun for them. It has a bus shuttle that runs kids out there, about a 3 minute ride. They also had a saltwater indoor pool that they had a great time using. This hotel also has a lot of unique areas for walking around and exploring. The rooms were nice with a small refrigerator and safe which we utilized. The food however, was quite high priced and per Trip Advisor reviews, was not recommended. Overall, it was a fun stay and the staff were very nice to all of us.Parking, self-park, is $17 per day as well.

quicktraveler91,

Thank you for staying at our resort and providing your feedback towards your stay. We are so glad your grandchildren had fun at Paradise Springs and around our 4 acre atrium. We hope you get to come back!
Mass
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Recently stayed here for a business convention and just loved this place. Everything you could want under one roof - wish I had more time to take advantage of the grounds and other offerings.
Great choice of restaurants and bars. Shopping galore! Rooms were spacious and clean and the service was exceptional and friendly. Everything is bigger in Texas as they say - and the Gaylord Resort is no exception. Just walking the grounds - that mimic the Riverwalk in San Antonio - makes you feel relaxed. Although huge - it had a homey feeling and everything was easy to find. I would go back for sure!

PiligrimBelle,

Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your review and we are so glad you had a wonderful time during your convention. Hopefully you get to come back! Hope you have a great day.
Fremont, California
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel because I attended a conference at the adjacent convention center, which I'm sure is why everyone stays here. The hotel was perfectly fine, but nothing special. It has that sterile, fake Disneyland feeling, which is good in the sense that everything seems very clean and in good repair but not so compelling if, like me, you enjoy boutique hotels. But if I was attending another conference at the convention center, I'd stay here again due to the convenience factor.

Pros:
- Clean, spacious room in good condition. Large bathroom with plenty of room for toiletries, hairdryer, etc.
- Comfortable desk with sufficient accessible outlets.
- Large fitness center with lots of treadmills. The treadmills themselves were a little dated and awkward to use (they had a touch screen but no programmable walk-jog-run buttons, so it was very hard to change the speed). but they were in good repair and I didn't have to wait for one.
- Rooms that face in towards the atrium all have balconies.
- Free Wifi
- Very convenient to the adjacent convention center

Cons
- I had to stop at the front desk to check out. They didn't provide a folio under my door and could not email one to me. When I called the operator to let them know I was checking out, she told me that they couldn't produce a folio showing my charges after I left so I had to stop by the front desk before leaving (I need something showing my charges for my expense report). I hate having to stop at the front desk to check out.
- Unfortunately, the balconies in the guest rooms aren't really very usable. In fact, I never saw anyone on their balcony. Because the atrium is domed, it's really loud to have your balcony doors open (and there wasn't actually any way to prop the doors open other than dragging furniture across the room). I really like to have natural light and fresh air in my hotel room, so this was disappointing.
- The rooms were kind of bland.
- Fitness center is cave-like. No windows or natural light.

It is your typical business hotel--perfectly fine if you are traveling on business but boring if you are on vacation. They do have water features and model trains in the atrium, but other than that, it looked very similar to the Gaylord I stayed at in Orlando (except that the Orlando Gaylord had crocodiles instead of model trains). I'd stay here again on business, but I wouldn't stay here on vacation.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Momrath
GaylordTexanResort, Customer Care Specialist at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Momrath,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and for providing your review on your experience. Your review will assist our team improve our services to better accommodate our guests. We do usually deliver folios under doors the night before check-out day. I will make sure the bell desk manager receives this information to review with his team the importance of delivering all the folios to our guests. Please feel free to email me at tfeedbackmailbox@gaylordhotels.com if you need further assistance. Thank you again for your review and hope you have a great day
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We visited the Gaylord Texas with our two teenagers this past weekend for one night. The hotel was very nice and the service was above and beyond. Parking is not really convenient. I would suggest the valet. We did request a renovated room, which was well appointed and up-to-date. The room was spacious and had a refrigerator and safe. The beds were comfortable. Our room faced the interior of the hotel, which was nice and the balcony had 2 chairs to sit and people watch. We also visited the Paradise Springs waterpark. A fun, large waterpark with lots to do, for all ages. They have a small zip line, waterslide and a lazy river. There was a DJ playing music and games for kids and adults. The poolside service was nice and convenient for drinks and lunch. There are lots of lounge chairs and it never felt crowded. They have cabanas for rent, if you want more privacy. We visited the Italian restaurant, in the hotel, that evening. Food and service were great, but it is a little pricey. I would suggest making a reservation, through the concierge, if you plan on eating at the Italian restaurant or the steakhouse. Overall, a great a family getaway!!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
1 Thank GTECfamily
GaylordTexanResort, Customer Care Specialist at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
GTECfamily,

Thank you for staying at our resort and providing your feedback towards your stay. Our team is glad to know your family had a great time at the resort and enjoyed our Paradise Springs pool complex. We hope you get to come back soon! Thank you again and hope you have an amazing day!
chicago
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband had a convention here and I got to tag along and enjoy some sunshine and warmth after 6 months of winter in Chicago. This was our 2nd time here at this resort and it really is a nice, large, comfortable place! We planned our trip so that my husband would have a few hours after his convention to sit at the pool on our last day before we flew out. As I arrived at the pool in the morning on that day, I was greeted with the news that the pool would be closing at 2:30pm for a private event. I couldn't believe it! I asked to speak to a manager in the pool area, he confirmed the information. I told him that I felt this was unacceptable. There was no other outdoor pool that was open for business at the resort! He routed me to the hotel manager on duty. Here is what he said: "Ma'am, you must understand that EVERYTHING is for sale here!" He went on to explain that 72 hours prior, one of their big clients and decided to reserve the pool. This was allowed and acceptable. Thus, leaving all of the other guests of the hotel (of which there were MANY) without an outdoor pool option. As the day went on, they apparently got many, many more complaints. At 2:30pm, they announced that the pool would remain open until 4:30pm. At 4:30, they announced that the pool would only close a small portion off!
All said, for future, I would be very hesitant to book this property because if there policy is "everything here is for sale", who knows what amenities I many have to do without!!

Room Tip: Our room faced the atrium! Very nice!
3 Thank terrik
terrik,

Thank you for staying at our resort during your husband's convention. On behalf of Gaylord Texan, I want to apologize in regards of your experience with our outdoor pool closing for a private event. Our team always wants to make sure we are accommodating our guests and your review will assist us improve our services. The Front Desk manager is aware of the service provided at the desk and we will take immediate training action to verify we are being thoughtful to our guests when they are having issues. Please feel free to email me at tfeedbackmailbox@gaylordhotels.com so I can better assist you. Thank you again for your feedback and hope you have a great day.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grapevine
Hilton Anatole
Downtown Fort Worth
Omni Fort Worth Hotel
Omni Fort Worth Hotel
#7 of 111 in Fort Worth

Been to Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!