4 nights in an atrium view room attending a conference also on-sight.
The Gaylord has a Vegas-esue feel about it. The massive atrium with its fountains, bridges, piped music and paths is really attracive however. The room was fine, super-big bathjroom. A colleague had a more modernized room with less heacy wood furniture so I guess they are progressively renovating. The only issue with the atrium view is a lot of noise carries upwards and the music doesn't turn off until 11pm,
You've got a number of dining choices here and the Glass Cactus club is great. Fitness club was fine, everything you need and the 2 pools (didn't get to Paradise Springs) looked good also. Staff were proffesional abd courteous but the best feature here was the short walk to the convention hall which made getting to/from the room super-easy.
The only negative is the way the Super Shuttle guys "attack" you on exit from the hotel. I wanted to grab a taxi but they convinced me they'd leave straight away and get me to DFW on-time. Wasn't to be. Anyway boarded the van which was then held back to cram another 2 people in.
After navigating the quick trip to the airport it transpired that the 2 guys next to me were told they would be going direct to Love airport. They weren't happy. Guy did not remember my stop so had to tell him again. On exit told me he can only take cash despite having Visa, MasterCard and Amex logos everywhere inside the van. Said I had no cash (and same for the lady getting off at the same terminal with me). Finally he got his Square reader out and begrudgingly took my card but without adding a $1 as a surcharge. Clearly this guy had zero customer service skills, was a liar and was just out to get the maximum $ per pax. He also left me miles from the United entrance "just walk up the stairs and turn left"......
The Gaylord engagement should monitor and speak to these on-site operators as it was the only negative on a great visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You'll arrive at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center through a ranch-style archway surrounded by rolling pastureland. Along the way, rugged canyon walls rise steadily to frame your first glimpse of the breathtaking Grapevine, Texas hotel. Sitting high on a bluff overlooking the glistening waters of Lake Grapevine, just eight minutes from DFW International Airport, this awe-inspiring resort welcomes you to an authentic Texas experience. From the colorful Riverwalk and wide-open Texas Hill Country to the aura of Southwest-style architecture and the majestic Rio-Grande, its all here under our signature glass dome. Here, we offer state-of-the-art convention and meeting facilities, endless entertainment, World-class spa & fitness center, lavish guest rooms and our tradition of unsurpassed hospitality. Everything in on place so you can have it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Texan Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord Texan Hotel Grapevine
- Gaylord Texas Resort
- Gaylord Texas Hotel
- The Gaylord Texan
- Gaylord Texan Grapevine
- Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center Grapevine, Texas
- Gaylord Grapevine