“Another Good Gaylord Property”

Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for four nights ( 3 business 1 pleasure). The hotel grounds are beautiful with lots of water and gardens. The restaurants we ate in were all above average and the staff was very helpful and friendly. They seemed to be very kid friendly ( it made the pool situation a little crowded with kids). They have a $5 shuttle to the outlet mall and aquarium, good golf courses close by and a small water park on the property.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mjbinkc
There are newer reviews for Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed here with family but was here for a conference. The conference area was really nice and not too far of a walk from the hotel area. My kids LOVED the train sets and our balcony overlooked those. I would highly recommend that request as the kids were glued to watching the trains early in the mornings and late in the evenings from our room. The down side was that we expected to play at the hotel waterpark but it wasn't open yet (before Memorial Day weekend). Luckily, the kids didn't realize that or it would've been bad. I would recommend staying but I understand the price can be a bit expensive since onsite restaurants are also pricey. Also, our room wasn't ready and they weren't very helpful with explaining where we could park before we had a room key. Also, if you are a Marriott gold member, they might not also explain that you can get the highest wifi speed at no cost (the website doesn't explain that - you have to take it on faith the first day).

Room Tip: Definitely choose a room overlooking the atrium to take advantage of the train views
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2014

It took two hours to get our room. We kept being told we were minutes away. The bed was horrific. No food available through machines etc after 12. The noise in the hall was loud. And the room smelled. I am an easy person to please but I truly regret the money spent on this. We couldn't enjoy the swimming since we couldn't get into our room to change before we had to leave for our 7:00 plans. Not worth the hype!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank shc312
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My husband & I visit the Gaylord every Christmas to see all the Christmas lights and displays. We love the toy model trains, gingerbread houses, and all other Texas size Christmas décor. Its heart warming to watch little children eyes light up when they see everything. Even walking from the parking garage to the lobby entrance is gorgeously light and romance.

Room Tip: The Mexican restaurant is very good.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights while attending a conference and had a lovely time. The conference facilities were great and easily accessed from the hotel. The hotel staff were very friendly and happy to help with anything you needed. The hotel rooms were spacious and the bed was quite comfy too. I took time to get a spa treatment as well, which was amazing and just what I needed. We tried 3 of the restaurants on site and the food very good. If you are staying at the hotel, I highly recommend taking a drive to the stockyards in fort worth, its not far and its a great place to spend the day and you can even take in the rodeo while you are there. I will defiantly come back to the resort and bring my family as well

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Masdks
Reviewed 19 June 2014

(Its Long) A review not about the quality of the resort but a situation of feeling worthless. Also how this hotel handles its guests. Let me start by saying, I am a divorced father of two wonderful adjusted 12 and 9 year old boy and a girl. They are my life and a gift every moment we spend together. We like to capture our time together like most social media families. I have family all around the world and by taking photos and uploading to Facebook brings our distance closer. I have stayed with my children at the resort before and had fun especially at Paradise Springs, I have spoken to many of my friends and customers that also enjoy their time at the water park.

The children and I have travelled to Europe, taken cruises, and stayed at Great Wolf Lodge across the street from the Gaylord and had many happy times and undisrupted moments taking silly photos etc.

Due to the end of school (Summer Break) and the fact the children will be going to sleep away camp on the east coast for 5 weeks. I asked where they would like to go for a short mini break hands down The Gaylord (Paradise Springs). June 7th we checked in around 1PM great welcome as usual, room clean and comfortable. Kids excited to board the complimentary scuttle to the water park...

Arrived at the park clean not busy as its a guest only park. Later Mortified, embarrassed, and made to feel like a pervert, well here's what happened.

I have a water proof case for my iphone which by the way is awesome. My daughter is so funny she put her flippers and pink snorkel on such a site but worth seeing her face of excitement click 1 photo... The three of us entered the lazy river snap the two children on a tube laughing and smiling etc well 3 more photos after what would be probably 30 minutes... I told the children I'd wait at a certain point and take a video of them laughing and getting wet under the water sprays... PS My x wife and I do share our photos so the four of us can enjoy the times of youth.

While waiting for the children to come around a life guard called for me stating someone wants to see you in first aid ! Ok confused, however thinking oh someone needs my help (Medical Field) I climb out of the river dripping wet and followed into the first aid room. Waiting for me are two police officers !!! a guest had complained and said I was taking photos of his wife in the water...

Shocked and stunned of course handed over my Iphone, password etc. The police asked several questions and searched my phone, email, facebook, text, photos, videos, etc all of which had nothing other than work or my children.... They took my license number and radioed it in to ensure I have never been arrested... Mean while the I guess the head of security of the hotel left the room assuming he told the guest that I was clear. Hindsight, if only I was not confused, embarrassed and mortified I could of asked for the accuser to be in the room. I am sure the hotel apologized to him and who knows what else. Meanwhile when security came back in he also like the police asked for my contact number and address from my DL... They may or not contact me!!! Then told to me "you are clear to go back to your children" and the door was open !!!

The event hit me with false guilt, a false awareness of people looking at me like Im the pervert. The children where still having a having a wonderful time. I wanted to leave and check out, however for the sake of my children I stayed the rest of the day. All I could think about was everyone including the staff are looking at me and watching my every move. I did not wear my sun glasses again so my eyes where visible and placed my phone in our bag. I tried to ensure the experience did not effect my children's fun. I stayed the rest of the day not knowing whom the excuser was and what's worse the children of course wanted to come back the next day.

This is not a review of the facility, rooms, restaurants etc its a review that I was dismissed. My senses where heightened noticing how many women/moms/Men/Dads using their camera phones or generally pointing the phone while looking at the screen.

I wanted to expose my children to travel, resorts and well simply fun youth times. Their will be a day daddy is not cool... Well I did not feel cool that weekend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
22  Thank Murphyp3
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Had an impressive stay at the Gaylord Texan. Was attending a trade show and stayed for two nights. Meals at the hotel were good, service was great and the room was clean and quiet. Wear comfortable shoes, there were lots of walking opportunities. The bed was comfortable, pillows just ok, but lots of them. Thanks to some help; I was able to navigate my way around the Gaylord. It's a bit overwhelming when you first arrive.

The hostess at the Texas Station was Clara. Very personable and helpful with hotel information. Easy to get lost there and she steered us in the right direction! She was very knowledgeable of the facilities at the Gaylord. This friendly attitude was shared by many of the hotel employees we encountered.

Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Had a room with a view of the atrium. Enjoyed the view, but there was a little noise, not really en...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kelly C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grapevine
Hilton Anatole
#35 of 205 in Dallas
Downtown Dallas
Omni Dallas Hotel
Omni Dallas Hotel
#5 of 205 in Dallas

Been to Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!