Pros:Everything at this hotel is wonderful, It's spotless, service is excellent and fast, staff is accommodating and friendly. We stayed in an atrium room with a balcony, it was wonderful.
Paradise Springs (their outdoor water park)was a great place to hang out with the kids, they even have an area just for toddler. You get 2 free bottles of water a day and there are activities going on throughout the hotel. On our last night there our son was sick with a fever and the front desk was able to locate some children's Motrin for us.
Cons: Expensive, not saying it's not worth it but the price can be pretty steep. The rooms are not that expensive but everything else is. Self parking $17 +tax a day, resort fee $18+ tax a day. A bellhop helps you unload at the door-tip, a different bell hop brings your luggage to your room-tip, - they do an excellent job( so worth the tips ).The food is expensive, we ate at Texan Station, it was expensive but good and big portions. This hotel is so huge you will get lost at least twice! Checkout is at 11 and if your not out they'll charge you a $250 late checkout fee according to the letter attached to our bill we got early on our checkout day. (morning of the 4th of July).
Great overall experience, we will go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You'll arrive through a ranch-style archway surrounded by rolling pastureland. Along the way, rugged canyon walls rise steadily to frame your first glimpse of the breathtaking new Gaylord. Sitting high on a bluff overlooking the glistening waters of Lake Grapevine, just eight minutes from D/FW International Airport, this awe-inspiring resort welcomes you to an authentic Texas experience. From the colorful Riverwalk and wide-open Texas Hill Country to the aura of Southwest-style architecture and the majestic Rio-Grande, its all here under our signature glass dome. Here, we offer state-of-the-art convention and meeting facilities, endless entertainment, World-class spa & fitness center, lavish guest rooms and our tradition of unsurpassed hospitality. Everything in on place so you can have it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Texan Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord Texan Hotel Grapevine
- Gaylord Texas Resort
- Gaylord Texas Hotel
- The Gaylord Texan
- Gaylord Texan Grapevine
- Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center Grapevine, Texas
- Gaylord Grapevine