Standard Marriott comfortable room with a pretty view overlooking the lake. Check in communication could be better...such as where to go for pool wristbands and shuttle, and specifics about parking (requires a room key swipe at 1st entrance box and then take a ticket at 2nd box in order for gate to rise).
Icky note...I cleaned out long hair from the both sinks and fridge before we used them. We were in a rush so it was easier for me to clean up after the previous guest vs. calling housekeeping.
The pool area with the lazy river and slide is unfortunately away from the hotel...
about a 5 min shuttle ride every 10 minutes provided as part of the resort fee. If you don't have a car to bring your own munchies, soda, wine, etc....be aware that typical inflated resort prices are on the high end here. A dispensed soda is $5 and lunch for four with only water to drink will set you back $75 minimum. Suggest you inquire if your personal drinks and snacks are allowed at the pools. Also, add at least $40 to your daily room rate to cover taxes and resort fee.....$60 if you park.
And buyer beware...if you need to cancel a night's stay, the online info states cancelation should occur "a day prior" to avoid penalty. What does a day prior mean? Not sure. I was told by one agent on the property that it meant 24 hours prior and by another that it meant 6pm the evening prior. Most Marriotts provide a specific time online...this one doesn't.
This is a nice not great resort for a personal overnight visit...otherwise best for convention business and company credit cards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You'll arrive through a ranch-style archway surrounded by rolling pastureland. Along the way, rugged canyon walls rise steadily to frame your first glimpse of the breathtaking new Gaylord. Sitting high on a bluff overlooking the glistening waters of Lake Grapevine, just eight minutes from D/FW International Airport, this awe-inspiring resort welcomes you to an authentic Texas experience. From the colorful Riverwalk and wide-open Texas Hill Country to the aura of Southwest-style architecture and the majestic Rio-Grande, its all here under our signature glass dome. Here, we offer state-of-the-art convention and meeting facilities, endless entertainment, World-class spa & fitness center, lavish guest rooms and our tradition of unsurpassed hospitality. Everything in on place so you can have it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Texan Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord Texan Hotel Grapevine
- Gaylord Texas Resort
- Gaylord Texas Hotel
- The Gaylord Texan
- Gaylord Texan Grapevine
- Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center Grapevine, Texas
- Gaylord Grapevine