“Texas Big Hotel and Conference Center”

Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Texas Big Hotel and Conference Center”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I attended a conference here for two days. Even though I live in the area, I had never been here before. I definitely plan to go back and explore when I can take my time to enjoy it. First of all, this place is Ginormous -- like it's own city. There is a giant indoor plaza with a glass top, all kinds of plants, a miniature railroad and walkways with art. The front of the conference center is a replica of the alamo. There are numerous restaurants, shops and bars, And there is a full-fledged waterpark. Since I was in a conference I really didn't get to explore any of these things. The room was nice and the bed was comfortable. The staff was really, really nice and went out of their way to be helpful. The food during the conference was plentiful and decent. My only complaints were that the free internet was really slow. I can pay for less slow internet and pay even more for fast internet. These days fast internet should be free. There is a resort fee, which doesn't really pay, if like me, your not there to enjoy the resort; but it may be worth it if you are there on leisure, I'm not sure. Also, there was a coffee maker in my room, but they forgot to replenish the regular coffee so I had to go downstairs to get some real coffee. Also, the staff was very helpful when I misplaced an item while attending the conference. I did get it back but it took a couple of days -- probably because the place is so big. It is right on Lake Grapevine and there is lots of stuff to do in the area. Would be a great place to vacation if you don't live nearby or staycation if you do.

Room Tip: I would try to find a room closest to the activities you are wanting to do because the place is huge...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,119)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Coppell, Texas
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Just spent one night at the Gaylord and had a wonderful experience. My family and I enjoyed the Paradise Springs water park and then my husband ran them home and I spent the night there by myself, enjoying room service, the grounds and some much needed alone time!

Everything about my stay was wonderful. The customer service was spot on and every person we ran into was helpful and friendly.Reminded us of our Disney experiences. The ground there are so beautiful and I loved walking around and looking at the Art Walk, which I believe is just for the summer.

Friends met us for dinner at Zeppole and it was a great experience as well - really good food and service. We will definitely return! Room service was prompt and the food very good for breakfast. The water park, Paradise Springs, is very fun and our kids loved all of it. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the lazy river.

The room was extremely clean and the bed very comfortable (and the bedding was amazing). Will definitely be returning for R&R in the future!!

Room Tip: Maybe choose away from the elevators if you're looking for peace and quiet. My room was right ne...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We stayed only for one night to review for bringing a group back to Texas. I was most impressed with the hotel, decor and facilities. Check-in a breeze and the king size bed was extremely comfortable. We went to the local nightclub Glass Cactus on a Friday night which was a great surprise with fireworks and a band playing called the Spazmodics who played to a packed crowd. Entry was free because we were staying at the Gaylord.

Room Tip: If you can choose your room do so because some rooms are an extremely long way from the lifts
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My one night stay at the Gaylord Texan was amazing. The staff was extremely friendly. I arrived 6 hours before check in and they checked me in. I really don't see that happen very often. The water park was fun. I went on a weekday and it was dead. We had the park with a few other families for about 3 hours. The slide was fun. The kids really enjoyed it. The hotel itself was beautiful. We did not get an atrium room, but we did have a view of the lake. It was very relaxing. The indoor pool is great for kids. It starts at 3 feet and increases to 5 1/2. Plenty of towels. The bed was amazing. I have not slept so good in so long. Room service was faster then they said it would take. The room service agent that delivered our food was super helpful and friendly. I am already planning to visit again. I heard that their ICE! event is a blast. Please do not wait to book. You will be so happy you did.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Very impressed with this hotel.The staff have been helpful as in our room we had two double beds which was no good with a teenage son & a 9yr old daughter so when we asked about adding another bed they offered us a move to a bigger room that would fit an extra bed in.They also sent a member of staff to help move us.We are loving this hotel & it's amazing walk way as plenty to look at.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank lillysavage_12
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

The rooms were very clean and the staff was great. Enjoyed my stay.
Received a note from the cleaning staff thanking me for being there and being a special guest. That was the first time that happened.
Great job Gaylord.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Lumberton, Texas
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My wife had to attend a business convention at the Gaylord Texan Resort and asked if I would come with. She had been to a Gaylord in Tennessee and said they were very nice so I tagged along. She was right the hotel was very nice and very clean. Service was excellent and the hotel restaurants food was very good but a little on the pricey side. All in all great stay and would go back again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grapevine
Downtown Dallas
Omni Dallas Hotel
Omni Dallas Hotel
#4 of 203 in Dallas
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,198 reviews

Been to Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!