“Sports Bar” 3 of 5 bubbles

Chill Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #65 of 234 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Mexican, Pizza, Grill
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dallas, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sports Bar”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

I have visited this place a few times since being in Grapevine. It is a typical sports bar. Happy Hour starts at 11 and the food is good. O would say it is aboe average but I am comparing it to my home state which has the best HH around and fantastic sports bars. The only drawback - it is not always the place I would want to be.

Visited February 2013

Grapevine, Texas
“just your average sport's bar”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

Went here with my honey because we had a groupon. When we walked in I noticed that the staff consisted of young women with lots of cleavage. I found this to be a little strange for main street in Grapevine. It's more of a bar than restaurant feel inside. The place was pretty much empty when we went in for dinner. I asked the waitress about a couple of menu items and she told me that she had never tried them and didn't know if they were a good choice or not. Also, she told us that the beer special was one price and charged us another. I ordered ribs with fries and coleslaw. The food was average, nothing to write home about. My husband had a ribeye with mashed potato. He thought that the steak was really good and he enjoyed his sides as well. Maybe I should have gone with the steak. The service was just ok. The waitresses seemed to be just hanging around, not doing anything and sitting in the bar area at tables. They also have a stage so I'm guessing they have bands. I think it might be a fun place to go have drinks but I won't be running back anytime soon for the food or service.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Arlington, TX
“Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware)”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013

I recently took part in a surprise birthday party here and left without many positive emotions about the place. Their semi-private room was nice and they had plenty of TVs to go around. They even had a happy hour on a Saturday night. However, they actively advertise happy hour as lasting until 7pm but then try to get out of honoring it as that time approaches. For instance, I ordered a drink at 6:50pm, and they came back to warn me it would be full-price. I looked at my watch and two cell phones and it wasn't even 5 'til. The waitress talked to a manager and they made an exception "this time," so I guess that means they plan on continuing to NOT honor their own happy hour pricing policy. Food was mediocre—hot sauce and sliders were pretty plain. It's unlikely I will return.

• Visited February 2013