“Not what I expected”

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Grapevine, Texas
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I really wanted to like this hotel. It looked nice and the room was beautiful and clean, but all of the small details added up at the end of the stay just ruined it for me. The bed was terribly uncomfortable, my back still hurts from two days ago. We rolled out the bed on the sleeper sofa for my son and it was so bad that he decided to sleep on the sofa instead.
We tried eating at the restaurant; the food was mediocre at best, and the prices were very high for the quality. The service was so bad that we ended up leaving in the middle of the meal. I had to go to the bar to pay the check since the waitress obviously didn't care if we paid or not.
The pool was pretty, but for little kids more that adults.
I've stayed at quite a few hotels in this area, and there are much better choices out there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
MarriottGrapevineGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas DFW Airport North/Grapevine, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for your honest feedback on the hotel. We take pride in offering our guest outstanding accomodations and service. I am so sorry we did not meet your needs. We appreciate your feedback on service in our restaurant and again apologize the service was not as expected for our hotel. We do share this information with our team and utilize this for traning and to ensure we stay the best in Grapevine. I do hope you will try us again and give us the chance to show you the amazing service we are known for!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Know how you feel when you flight is cancelled at DFW? Well, this hotel will make you forget all of that stress. Every single person went out of their way to provide for my comfort, provisions, and onward planning. The wait staff is professional and has that can do attitude you don't see in a service position. The rooms are extremely comfortable and quiet. This location provided service I would expect at a JW Marriott. We'll done!!

Room Tip: I had a run of the house room and it was fantastic. Don't believe there could be a bad room here...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
MarriottGrapevineGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dallas DFW Airport North/Grapevine, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your review! We are so glad we were able to take some of the stress out of your flight cancellation! We have an amazing team that takes great pride in outstanding service! We hope you have no more flight cancellations but do come see us again next time in Grapevine.
Corinth, Texas
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotel staff was very friendly. They made the breaks very nice. If you needed anything, they were very prompt with help. The hotel was very clean. Great experience! Would recommend this facility to other companies with meeting agenda needs.

Mineral Wells, Texas
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed two nights for a company conference in June 2014. My experience was wonderful. My room was very clean, cool, and comfortable. The room had everything a person could need for an overnight stay. The staff was very nice and outgoing and went above and beyond to make sure everything was wonderful. I definetly did reccommend this hotel to my family and friends and would stay again at this hotel in the future.

Brownwood, Texas
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Amazing customer service! Staff were very attentive to all of our needs! We had a very large group and the accommodations far exceeded our expectations! Beautiful hotel! Very clean! Food was AMAZING! Would recommend to all! Cannot wait for our next stay!

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I had an extended work trip here and will certainly be returning for any future trips to the area. The fitness facility here is unparalleled when compared to any other hotel and it's relatively close to a 24hr fitness in the area as well. The Bistro had great food and the staff was not only extremely friendly but did an excellent job as well.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This hotel and staff was by far best I have had in the area, very friendly- food for conference was delicious and very well presented, the rooms were clean- nice, I have no complaints, the experience was wonderful..... would love to stay again soon....