“A wonderful experience with exceptional staff”

SpringHill Suites Dallas DFW Airport North/Grapevine
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Reviewed 28 March 2013

After a long day of travelling with lots of luggage I was glad to eventually check-in to this hotel just before midnight. The two gentlemen were most helpful, one assisted me in loading my entire luggage (4 pieces) on to a cart and the other checked me in. I wanted to buy some water from the market since I had been traveling all day and the gentleman checking me instead gave me a small welcome pack with snacks and water. This was wonderful customer service, and really made me feel welcome. All of the staff I encountered were of the same caliber – friendly, welcoming and I felt like they would do anything for us.

Location of the hotel was great too, easy access to drive to downtown Dallas and Fort Worth area, there was an outlet mall across the street which was nice. I really like the set-up of these rooms, a separate living/work space to the bedroom, it makes it easier to relax after working all day. Overall the staff made such a wonderful impression on me.

I travel all the time for work and it was nice to feel so welcome – almost a home away from home. I moved from this Springhill Suites to another in Arlington to be next to the convention center and it does not compare to this location. Great experience, highly recommended.

1  Thank Caymanita

Reviewed 17 March 2013

I stayed here in January to attend a conference at the nearby Gaylord Resort property. I can not say enough about the great complimentary shuttle service that they run. I was picked up and taken to the airport along with being shuttled back and forth to attend my conference at the Gaylord convention center. This worked very well for me as I could not stay at the Gaylord. In addition the room are very clean and quiet. The location is right near a mall where I had ample access to restaurants. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mrwamw
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Check-in was average, not overly friendly, not unfriendly. Room was clean. Was a bit disappointed the room wasn't a true suite as was the case with other Springhill Suites I have stayed at. There is no door between the areas. There was a partial wall separating the two areas with a TV awkwardly placed between the two. Sofa is on wall perpendicular to beds, so TV needed to be turned toward one room or another and didn't allow for comfortable viewing from both at the same time.

Location is across the parking lot, walking distance from Grapevine Mills. Lots of families with LOTS of kids staying here on a Saturday night. The small indoor pool and hot tub were both loaded with kids. My son didn't even want to use the pool because it was so overrun with kids. Complimentary breakfast was appreciated. It included most of the usual offerings of cereal, fruit, muffins and juices as well as Texas-shaped make your own waffles. It was also very crowded, so we ate in the overflow conference room.

We stayed here with points, so I probably would not stay here on purpose again if I had to pay, especially on a weekend.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kawill
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I stayed three nights and I received an excellent service. Breakfast was very good and abundant. The staff is friendly and goes the extra mile.I stayed in a suite on second or third floor and I had no attention whatsover on the stay: everything was perfect.

Room Tip: The only room I stayed in was a suite on second or third floor. It was very large and roomy.
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We stayed here while attending a conference at the Gaylord Texan, which is a few miles away. I was shocked at how the staff was so willing to go above and beyond with any need we had. I was aware they had hourly shuttles to and from the Gaylord, but they were willing to do just about any driving around that we needed. They picked us up at just about any time and brought us over at just about any time. They also brought us out to dinner and then picked us up and brought us over to the Gaylord. I have never seen this level of service from a hotel.

The price was very good, especially compared to the Gaylord. The breakfast in the morning was good, but I've seen better selections at other places. The only real complaint I have is that we and others in our party seemed to have a lot of trouble with the room keys. But the staff was always willing to help us out.

I have already booked this hotel again when I come back in a few months.

Reviewed 8 February 2013

I only stayed 1 night, but the room was clean and comfortable. The staff worked hard in the morning to make sure there were no issues. The breakfast buffet is adequate and pretty standard. They offer an airport shuttle service. A very convenient option in an area saturated with options.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2013

my children and I stayed here over night. We found the room to be clean and the beds very nice. The pool was alot of fun ! Breakfast was good too. my only negative feeling about the whole thing was that i had to pay to be able to watch any childrens programs in the evening. the "free cable" did not include regular kid programimg that come with basic cable. I had to pay for the ability to watch shows that were Ok for kids or let four little boys run wild. Otherwise it was a great stay. I will go here again, but i will bring a DVD player from home and some movies.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank OrrisonFamily
Travellers also viewed these Grapevine hotels
Hyatt Place Dallas/Grapevine
Courtyard by Marriott Dallas DFW Airport North/Grapevine
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North
Homewood Suites Dallas - DFW Airport N - Grapevine
Hampton Inn and Suites Dallas - DFW Airport North / Grapevine
Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center

Been to SpringHill Suites Dallas DFW Airport North/Grapevine? Share your experiences!