“Very nice Hotel, friendly staff”

SpringHill Suites Dallas DFW Airport North/Grapevine
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Stayed here for business a full week. Nice Hotel, good, clean and spacious rooms. Mattress was a bit soft to my liking but slept well for a week. Hotel is about a 30 min ride (45-50$ cab price) to down town dallas. Close to the gaylord convention center. They have a shuttle that takes you within a 5 mile range.
Grapevine mills mall is within a 4 min walk. Plenty of Dining options arount.
It is close to the airport so you will hear the planes flying over especially if they are taking off in the direction of the hotel. Did not bother me rooms are pretty well isolated.
Breakfast in morning is good. Eggs, meat(bacon, sausage or ham), cereals, bagels, croissants, fresh fruits, waffles(wekends), boiled eggs, and more things I cannot recall.
Staff is very friendly and helpfull
The only downside is that they do not have a safe in the room.
Would stay here again if needed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank huub9999
ManagementHWS, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Dallas DFW Airport North/Grapevine, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

huub9999-

We are so glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We are so excited about our new breakfast; it so nice to hear that you enjoyed the food and variety. I hope that you will think of us again during your next trip to the Grapevine area.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Great central location. Staff very friendly & helpful. Rooms very clean. Breakfast was very nice. Only disappointment was pool area. Inside pool area minimal. Hot tub out of order. Not sure but pool water didn't seem very clean. Decided not to swim.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank YvonneRo

YvonneRo-

Thank you so much for your feedback. Great comments about our staff and service are the best kind. We will certainly share this review with them. I apologize that our hot tub wasn't in service during your visit, and that the pool didn't seem clean. We rank in the top 10% of our brand in overall cleanliness. I am not sure why the pool didn't appear to be clean, but should you give us the opportunity of your business again, we will ensure that the pool is in pristine condition.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed for a girl's weekend of shopping. It was perfect for the mall, dowtown and Bass Pro. The rooms were nice and clean. The breakfast had everything you needed to get your day started plus it was clean and well kept. Front desk made our stay easy by splitting the bill for us.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

615melaniep-

Thank you so much for the thoughtful review of our hotel. I hope that your girls' trip weekend was a blast! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to hosting you on your next shopping trip to Grapevine Mills.

Stacie

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Myself and 2 friends stayed at the Springhill Suites DFW Airport, in July while attending a convention in Dallas. The rooms were nice, the service was lovely. We were quoted a price - signed and paid upfront upon check in. Needless to say I was SHOCKED when I received my credit card statement and found an extra charge of $218 for a day that I was not even there. I had checked out the previous day. I first spent over 30 minutes just trying to locate a phone number to call. Next to impossible these days. When I FINALLY reached a live person, I was told that the original rate was misquoted by their staff at check in, so they just charged the balance to my card since 3 of us shared the room and they had no way to know who's card was who's!!!!!!!!! The supervisor told me that all the contact information that we gave at check in was "swiped" so unless I contacted her, they had no way to know that this had even occurred. NEVER an apology for misquoting the rates WHICH WAS THEIR ERROR - NEVER an offer to correct the mistake because they still had no contact information for the other 2 cards. Essentially I had to do her job for her - provide the names and contact for the other 2 guests and she was rude on top of it. I am a stickler for customer service and will NEVER stay in this establishment again!! Imagine if I was someone who did not review my statement?!?!?!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Renee G

Renee G-

I am so thankful that you checked your statement and that this was eventually rectified. I would like to speak with you further about this so that I can handle the situation with the appropriate supervisor. You can contact me directly at 972-724-5500. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Stayed here for five nights mid July. Hotel was easy to get to, infrastructure including restaurants and a mall nearby and very clean. Check in was a breeze and got high floor away from elevator room, which helped as a family reunion occurred all weekend and the hotel seemed to be almost fully booked.

The staff is what sets this hotel/location off from others, they were pleasant and helpful at all times. They did their best to control the family reunion crowd while ensuring that normal guests had what they needed and were not terribly interupted by noise, etc..

Wireless worked well, the hotel has been refreshed at some point recently and was appealing and inviting to walk into after a tough work day.

Would stay here again every trip to the Grapevine/Dallas area.

Room Tip: High floor, away from elevator to eliminate hallway and traffic noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Randy S-

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a nice review of our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed our location along with the friendly service from our staff. We hope to have the privilege of serving you again on your next trip to the Grapevine area.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

In June we stayed 4 weeks in this hotel and it is a great place to stay !

The location is great (Grapevine Mall just across the street), rooms are very good and clean, the breakfast is good and the staff is fantastic...after 4 weeks it felt like family.

The hotel has a free shuttle service which takes you everywhere within 5 miles and you can call them anytime to pick you up..

Ft. Worth, Dallas and other places to see are very close..

Really recommend this hotel ... for a short trip or when you look for a place to stay for a longer period.... you'll enjoy it !

• Stayed: June 2013
ManagementHWS, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Dallas DFW Airport North/Grapevine, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Wow! Thank you for the wonderful review. We appreciate your wonderful comments. Our guests are like family to us as well. We hope to see you next time you have accomodation needs in the Grapevine area.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Conveniently located, staff is professionally friendly and provides awesome suggestions of inquiries regarding visit. Full free Breakfast is hot and fresh. The business center has privacy and the gym has lots of options for your workout.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We thank you for your visit and hope you return.