“They went above and beyond”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine
and 1 more site!
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Tyler, Texas
“They went above and beyond”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2011

My husband and I live 2 hours away from the airport so Fairfield's park and ride hotel program is perfect for us. We have never had a problem or felt uneasy about leaving our car parked at the hotel. We stayed at this hotel 2 years ago and they hotel was good then, just a little run down. During this visit they were at the end stages of remodeling and it is looking really good. On our return trip we had a lot of flight delays, and then got stuck in the air due to tornado's in the area, we ended up landing about 3 hours late. The hotel's shuttle was for some reason NOT operating that evening, but they made sure another hotel picked us up from the airport even though it was 10pm on a Sunday night. The desk staff knew we had had a long long day and had everything ready for us to check in by the time we arrived. This meant the world to us.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jamestraveler10
AlexLindamood, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine, responded to this review, 2 June 2011
Thanks so much for your review. Our staff wants every guest to be 100% satisfied with our hotel, and we are glad to hear that we have succeeded. Thanks again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

Before staying at this location I searched all the hotels in the Grapevine area that were reasonably priced and included a complimentry breakfast. I was pleasantly surprised to find complimentry chocolate chip cookies that were always available in the lobby - that was a nice touch. This location is was close to DFW airport, Highway 121 (for shopping in Grapevine, Lewisville and also further out at Allen Outlet Mall). I also wasn't worried about our car parked outside. All the staff were really friendly and super helpful, but the location of the hotel to DFW Airport was very convenient and they offered an airport shuttle. Great value and a great location in a clean hotel. I'd stay at this location again!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Thanks again for your review. We are proud of our great location and its proximity to everything that is great and awesome about the DFW area. We look forward to baking some more Chocolate Chip cookies for your next visit. See you next time.
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2011

The moment headed up to our rooms, the hotel staff was extreamly rude, and considering that they are undergoing construction, that is no way to keep clients. The room was clean, rooms are not up-to-date, they are very small. You have a small nook for a closet. Overall, for the price its a good hotel, but the staff I met was very consending.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Lewisville, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Marriott in Grapevine Texas on Thursday September 2, 2010 and Friday September 3, 2010. Booked this hotel because I was getting married and they rand a half price deal with the wedding venue. I checked my bank balance when I got up to the room and they had already put a charge of $190 on my account which they said was a deposit for incidentals. Then I checked my other account, and there was $173 missing from the same hotel. This was the card that I held the rooms under, not the one I authorized payment from. When I went to talk to them about this, Kendall (Assistant Manager) told me there was nothing she could do to give me the $173. She is telling me this in the rudest possible way talking down to me as if it was my fault. I was getting married THE NEXT NIGHT and needed the money for last minute wedding stuff. Finally Megan came out to help and she was so nice and called my bank and explained the situation and the money should be refunded.
When I went to check out of the hotel Kendall was up there again and she said my card was declined and she could not check me out of the hotel. I explained to her that was because they took the $190 out and that was the money that I was going to use for the room, which was only supposed to be $65 per night for 2 nights. She was extremely rude to me and my guests, telling us there was nothing she could do and that I had to give her cash for the room. Well, I was not giving this person a dime considering that according to my bank accounts they had already charged me a total of $360 for 2 nights in a $65 per night room. We agreed that once the banks opened again on Tuesday I would come back to pay for the room. She agreed to not try my card again until then.
On Sunday September 5, I got a call from my banks fraud department saying that she had tried to run my card 6 more times after it was declined and that they were putting a stop to the card and filing fraud charges against her. This is during my honeymoon. I have spent 2 days of my honeymoon going back and forth between the banks and the hotel trying to get this worked out. When we asked her why she ran the card even though she said she would wait until Tuesday she said “well I had to”. That was her only response. She never once apologized to me or my husband or tried to tell us that she would help us at all, just that she wanted her money. I am so disappointed that we were treated so badly by this one person, it completely ruined what would have been an otherwise fabulous stay and made me stress out right before my wedding.
The rest of the staff was very accommodating to us and all of our guests that stayed at the hotel with us, especially Megan, AJ and Lisa. No matter how great they were, I will never consider staying at this hotel again, and probably will not stay at a Marriott. The fact that they put someone like Kendall as an Assistant Manager is appalling and speaks volumes for the way the hotel chain is run.

• Stayed September 2010
Thank you so much for your time in writing this review. It sounds like we added another headache to an already strenuous and stressful time, that can be a wedding. I am very sorry to hear about this and I invite you back to our hotel anytime, with our compliments. On your next visit you will find that a new, well trained staff that is ready to be of service and committed to your 100% satisfaction. Thanks again and we hope the rest of your honeymoon was restful and comforting.
Whitehouse, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2010

We made a last minute reservation over the phone directly with this hotel. The price was much better than the internet price on Marriott.com and the man that I spoke to was very helpful. The hotel is easy to find as well as to get in and out of when driving. Easy check in and check out. The room was clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast wasn't much to speak of. The computers were convenient for printing our boarding passes for our flight. The shuttle to and from the airport was quick and the shuttle drivers were nice. The only negative we experienced was when I requested a 6:00am wakeup call for Room 324. I did not get that wakeup call at 6am. However, I DID get one at 3:24am! It was a bummer but oh well. We would stay here again as it was an honest mistake I'm sure. It's a good option for park-n-fly.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank snorkelingfool
terryfischer, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine, responded to this review, 14 September 2010
Thank you for your recent comments regarding the Fairfield Inn & Suites Grapevine. We appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback and certainly regret that your stay was less than satisfactory. The Fairfield Inn team is very proud of our consistently high rating on Trip Advisor and with the Marriott brand and strive to maintain a high level of excellence. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I will be contacting the guest directly to make this better for the guest.
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2010

I stayed at this hotel during a business trip to offices in Las Colinas, Keller and North Dallas (75 area). The location was perfect...very easy to get to all of my appointments. The staff was friendly and helpful. I needed to print something and had trouble with the biz center printer. The front desk person let me use the office printer, saving me a lot of time. Great job!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
La Crosse, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2008

Stayed here one night after a late flight into DFW airport. Fairly easy to find. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The front desk staff were very friendly. Parking was easy and had no problems with noise.

• Liked — Comfort of bed
  • Disliked — Hard to see the sign when you are driving the street with tall trees.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family