Positives: responsive staff, clean room and facilities
Negatives: difficult to access, noisy...primarily from aircraft departing DFW airport, lackluster breakfast
We visit the Metroplex fairly often and usually stay in Marriott properties while there. We try to pick one that's close to the main reason for our trip. This time, we had some purchases to make at Grapevine Mills Mall, so were glad to find open rooms literally across the highway...and within sight...of the mall.
Although this hotel can be seen from the mall area, its not particularly easy to reach. It sits just off Highway 121, but finding the right set of roads that take you to the parking lot is not easy, particularly in the dark. Study up and tune your GPS before makiing the trip.
My first question of the desk clerk upon arriving was "how do we leave and get back here?"
The second thing we noticed was the mattress was firmer than usual. For comparison, we've stayed several days at another Fairfield, a SpringHill Suites, and a TownePlace Suites within the past 60 days. None of the mattresses in those places were as hard. This contributed to a lack of rest.
The biggest problem, however, was noise from departing aircraft. Planes were leaving about every 30 seconds during the 6:00-9:00 a.m. period. The roar from their exhaust was quite evident in our east-facing room. Schedules vary through the day, but the noise is seemingly always there.
We've stayed in other hotels around D/FW...some Marriott, some other properties...and have never heard this much noise. My opinion is those other structures had better sound-proofing.
Comparing the breakfast served in Grapevine with other Marriott properties we've stayed in the past couple of months, this Fairfield is average at best. Most of the others serve some type of protein...usually eggs prepared in some fashion...and a wider assortment of grains and breads.
We stayed here a couple of days. On our second day a crock-pot of gravy and sausage was provided, but the first day breakfast consisted largely of bread and cereals. (They did offer frozen meat/egg/cheese biscuits, however...)
Additionally, the breakfast dining area is far too small for the number of patrons. The counter area was constantly crowded with guests jockeying for position in front of the waffle maker and microwave. Perhaps those items could be moved to one side to make more room.
Our room was clean and well-kept but it had a number of small problems. The stopper in the bathtup would not raise or lower; the vanity faucet was hard to adjust and nearly impossible to turn completely off...and the key mechanism often failed to disengage the lock. We'd insert the card key, see a red light, insert again, and receive a green indicator...but the knob would not turn. Sometimes, a half-a dozen attempts were required to gain entry. Yes...we reported this to the front office.
The staff was the best part of our visit. They worked very hard to make the most of their situation. The cleaning staff always asked how we were doing or wished us a pleasant day. The front desk was responsive to all my questions. The breakfast attendant kept items stocked despite the feeding frenzy she had to contend with.
If you're going to Grapevine Mills Mall and are a heavy sleeper, you might consider this hotel. The rates were very competitive, its close to a lot of attractions, and the folks are great. However, we'll be looking at another property next time...perhaps a new location, perhaps one that has proven itself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Among Grapevine hotels at DFW Airport, Fairfield Inn & Suites offers the best in value, comfort and location. Our prime locale sits 3 miles north of DFW International Airport, and we offer free 24/7 shuttle service to and from DFW. We're located minutes from attractions such as Grapevine Mills Mall, Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, Bass Pro Shop and Great Wolf Lodge. A favorite among hotels in Grapevine, TX for business and leisure, Fairfield Inn & Suites makes it easy to stay in comfort: free breakfast with Jimmy Dean sandwiches, free Wi-Fi, an outdoor pool/Jacuzzi, newly equipped fitness center and warm, knowledgeable staff. Our well-appointed DFW Airport lodging supplies you with large work areas, microwaves and mini-fridges in each room, luxury bedding and select rooms with separate sitting areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Dallas Dfw Airport North / Grapevine
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Dfw Airport North / Grapevine Hotel Grapevine
- Fairfield Inn Grapevine
- Fairfield Grapevine
- Grapevine Fairfield Inn
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine Texas