“Great service at an airport hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Reviewed 2 May 2012

A business colleague and I had the pleasure of staying at the Fairfield Grapevine in late April, 2012, while attending a conference at the Gaylord Texan Resort.

We chose the Fairfield for its proximity to the Gaylord…and its $50/night room rate (using Marriott’s best rate guarantee) was certainly easier on the wallet than the $300/night rate at the Gaylord.

The staff at the Fairfield was extremely friendly and accommodating. For my colleague and me, the best perk at the Fairfield was the complimentary shuttle service. The drivers were happy to shuttle us to/from the Gaylord and even agreed to pick us up at the Gaylord and take us to the airport when we departed from our conference. The shuttle service alone saved us each more than $75 in cab/shuttle fares.

The front desk staff was efficient and helpful.

The rooms were clean and neat but somewhat tired. Certainly, this is a heavily trafficked hotel and the wear & tear shows in the rooms.

My only “nit” with my stay: I literally was the last person to check-in and take the last room when I arrived. I was given a handicap-accessible room. No problems, but the shower was not very comfortable and the room lacked some of the normal amenities. However, because I was only in my room for less than 8 hours per day, I had no real issue. Still, I would have appreciated fair warning from the desk clerk when I checked-in.

My business partner reported his room was larger than mine and very comfortable.

If you want a clean, comfortable, friendly…and reasonably priced…place to stay near DFW, the Fairfield will not disappoint.

Room Tip: higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank GoldenBear_Husker
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Arriving at nearly midnight, we were left without use of the free shuttle service, but the desk - which we had forewarned -- called a cab for us and paid the fare. The only problem - the hotel apparently has no address! We were given the street address of the nearby Marriott Court and were told it was "behind it". Well, not quite, but we eventually, after another phone call while being driven, managed to get there! The hotel itself was quite nice, though not luxurious. (On the other hand, we weren't paying :luxurious prices!). Our room was relatively small, with a tiny armoire for hanging clothes, but had everything else we needed - king bed, refrigerator, wi-fi, etc. Breakfast choices were reasonable (yoghurt, cereal, toast, bagels, etc., and even Texas-shaped waffles). We didn't use the outdoor pool or the exercise room, but both certainly appeared adequate.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jsinmn
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Though my stay was short it was very plesant. Clean rooms, fresh smell, good towels, great flat screen TV's and get work area with free Wi-Fi for the working salesman.

Nice work out equipment though the room is a little small but looks large with the wall to wall mirrors.

Friendly staff, good parking and great eating places in the immediate area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank chetcosby
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I love this hotel. The nicest people work here. I called the hotel a few times before my arrival just to check on things (ex. If you book online it looks like you’ll get charged for your full stay even if you check out early, but they don’t really do that) and each time I called, the person who answered was pleasant and helpful. I checked on their shuttle to see if it could take me to work and that was no problem at all, just need to book it in advance (anywhere in a 5 mile radius). In total, I dealt with five different front desk staff during my stay and each of them was friendly and helpful. I booked five nights, but had to fly back after four nights. The nice shuttle driver took me to work some days and to the airport. Breakfast is yogurt, cereals, instant oatmeal, bagels, waffles and a breakfast sandwich. Nothing fancy, but it’s all I need in the morning. My room was clean (believe me, I checked). I came home one night during a thunder storm and didn’t want to go out for dinner so I was thankful for the selection of foods for sale in the lobby. There are frozen dinners ($5), frozen mini pizzas ($2), chips, nuts, Hagen Daaz ice cream, all at very good prices. No one is trying to gouge you here and that was very much appreciated. Everything worked in my room including the wi-fi. I could hear the highway noise, but I just turned the fan on low and the steady hum of it blocked out everything else. When I got home, I realized I had left something in my room. I called the hotel and they Fed-Exed it to me. If you have any questions about this hotel, just call them and they’ll tell you anything you want to know. The only negative that I encountered was that the face cloths and towels are a bit rough. And if that's the worst I can come up with, this place is pretty sweet. Also, the fresh fruit and fresh baked cookies in the lobby mid-morning was a nice touch.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MSetter
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Due to over-booking we were actually “bumped” from a deluxe 2 bedroom suite in another hotel and as a consolation they moved us to complementary room in the Fairfield. It was really average. The staff was nice. Our “suite” was just a room with a small frig and microwave. The frig was set so low it froze my dinner “doggy bag” and the bottles of coke we had stored there – but that kind of thing can happen anywhere. One warning, they have some sort of environmentally friendly heater/air conditioning system that apparently measures the outside temperature to help determine when to work. It really sucked. Both of us baked all night long even though the air conditioner was set on 66 degrees.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 March 2012

The hotel was very nice. Clean, always had coffee and fruit, etc. But it is not easy to find. The address they show is wrong - and the gentleman at the front desk confirmed it. It's on Enchanted Way, not Highway 121. Put that address in your nav and end up in the wrong part of town.

Take 635 to Bass Pro Shops Drive and get off there.

Do that and it will make the difference between this being an excellent Fairfield - and one that has to dig deep from the hole they dig themselves before you get there.

Why they would use the wrong address - and tell you it's wrong - is beyond me.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The room was good size. Everything very clean. Staff was very friendly and breakfast was good. It was close to highway and airplane route but the noise was not noticeable due to the fact that the room had the old style ac units. I like these units instead of central ac because you can set it where the air will blow the whole time thus drowning out the outside noise. Still keeps you comfortable. Only drawback would be the small older style TV. But everything else was great plus it wasn't crowded.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family