“Nice Place for a Weekend Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Texas
“Nice Place for a Weekend Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

My family & I stayed here during this past weekend. We chose this hotel based on the reviews here and because of its proimity to the Grapevine Mills Mall (took children to Lego Land). Based on the information given her by someone else, I put in the address of 1805 Enchanted Way on my GPS to get to the hotel as it is kind of hard to find and there is no access from HWY 121 it seems. Anyway, if you get off on Bass Pro Drive then take the first left to Enchanted Way you will get to a Stop sign (which runs into Genesis way) and the hotel is to the left of that. Check in was easy and our rooms were clean and roomy. The hotel pool was nice which we used each day. Breakfast was plentiful with breakfast sandwiches, waffles, cereal (hot & cold), fruit, pasteries, milk, coffee, and juices. There were also cookies avaiable in the evenings which was nice. All staff were nice and the shuttle was a great plus! You will need to inform them when you want to use it and they will give you a card to call them back when your ready to be picked up. They drove us to and from the Grapevine Mills Mall and the Bass Pro Shop...night clubs...and they also go to the airport and other places as well. All in all we would definetly go back to this hotel in we were in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Gloria2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Firfield Inn the night before an early moring flight out of DFW even though we live about 45 mnutes away. They were short a shuttle drive so they paid for a cab to the airport for us and had a sister hotel pick us up when we returned late at night. The wrong they righted was in the fact that they double billed me for my stay!! When I got back from vacation I caught the error. The hotel manager got invovled and not only credited me for the extra billing but also refunded me for my actual stay billing due to my inconvenience. THAT, is customer serivce. We also had purchased one of their suites, which I have to say is awesome, Fairfield Inn or any other lower end or mid-range priced hotel. If you are loooking for a hotel near the North end of DFW I would highly recommend the Fairfield Inn.

Room Tip: Buy up for a few dollars more to a suite--welll worth the extra bucks
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank travelmandfw
newark, de
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

My stay was relatively short, since I only used the facility to rest (traveled to New Braunfels for most of my time in DFW). The staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and sensitive to customer needs, the room was very neat and clean, and I would not hesitate to recommend this facility. Only problem was understanding exactly which turns to make in the route to the hotel and back to the airport - not well marked, and confusing.But overall a 5star experience.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank megan r
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

I had a two day conference at the Gaylord and was not about to put out $350.00 per night to sat there. I found the Fairfield Inn, within 5 minutes of the Gaylord to be a GREST deal. They have an airport shuttle from DFW and will take you anywhere within the area (Gaylord, Bass Pro Shops, Malls, restaurants, etc.) free of charge. The hotel is well maintained and clean. Nice pool area typical of a Fairfield and outstanding staff! No bad marks for my stay at all. The one draw back that some people may not like is that there is really nothing in walking distance, but i never had to wait more than 10 minutes for the shuttle which I used extensively during my stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank CCIMtraveller
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

A business colleague and I had the pleasure of staying at the Fairfield Grapevine in late April, 2012, while attending a conference at the Gaylord Texan Resort.

We chose the Fairfield for its proximity to the Gaylord…and its $50/night room rate (using Marriott’s best rate guarantee) was certainly easier on the wallet than the $300/night rate at the Gaylord.

The staff at the Fairfield was extremely friendly and accommodating. For my colleague and me, the best perk at the Fairfield was the complimentary shuttle service. The drivers were happy to shuttle us to/from the Gaylord and even agreed to pick us up at the Gaylord and take us to the airport when we departed from our conference. The shuttle service alone saved us each more than $75 in cab/shuttle fares.

The front desk staff was efficient and helpful.

The rooms were clean and neat but somewhat tired. Certainly, this is a heavily trafficked hotel and the wear & tear shows in the rooms.

My only “nit” with my stay: I literally was the last person to check-in and take the last room when I arrived. I was given a handicap-accessible room. No problems, but the shower was not very comfortable and the room lacked some of the normal amenities. However, because I was only in my room for less than 8 hours per day, I had no real issue. Still, I would have appreciated fair warning from the desk clerk when I checked-in.

My business partner reported his room was larger than mine and very comfortable.

If you want a clean, comfortable, friendly…and reasonably priced…place to stay near DFW, the Fairfield will not disappoint.

Room Tip: higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank GoldenBear_Husker
Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

Arriving at nearly midnight, we were left without use of the free shuttle service, but the desk - which we had forewarned -- called a cab for us and paid the fare. The only problem - the hotel apparently has no address! We were given the street address of the nearby Marriott Court and were told it was "behind it". Well, not quite, but we eventually, after another phone call while being driven, managed to get there! The hotel itself was quite nice, though not luxurious. (On the other hand, we weren't paying :luxurious prices!). Our room was relatively small, with a tiny armoire for hanging clothes, but had everything else we needed - king bed, refrigerator, wi-fi, etc. Breakfast choices were reasonable (yoghurt, cereal, toast, bagels, etc., and even Texas-shaped waffles). We didn't use the outdoor pool or the exercise room, but both certainly appeared adequate.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jsinmn
Grand Blanc, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

Though my stay was short it was very plesant. Clean rooms, fresh smell, good towels, great flat screen TV's and get work area with free Wi-Fi for the working salesman.

Nice work out equipment though the room is a little small but looks large with the wall to wall mirrors.

Friendly staff, good parking and great eating places in the immediate area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business