Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Huntsville, Alabama
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

Everything about this hotel was excellent. Devon at the front desk was very helpful with directions and assistance. The breakfast attendant (sorry, didn't get her name) was great. I have never seen anyone work so hard to keep everything stocked. The room was nice and clean. Overall, excellent.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Frank A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine, responded to this review, 4 October 2012
Thank you for your kind words. Directions are our specialty. Being centrally located near the DFW Airport and the Gaylord Texan Convention Center, our staff has become experts on dining and shopping recommendations and providing turn by turn directions making it simple and easy to get around during your stay. Our breakfast staff takes great pride in their work and ensuring that breakfast looks and tastes the same for the first guest of the day, the last guest, and everyone in between. We are honored to have you stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

The hotel staff was very unorganized. I was trying to check in at 4:00 pm with my two children. I was waiting for 20 mins and I was the only one needing to check in. Finally got my room. Elevator was not working at that moment. Had to use stairs. Get to my room to find it not cleaned. They put me in a room the maid had not cleaned yet. I was upset. Called the front desk. They said give them 5 mins and they would clean it. I went down stairs to check out because I couldn't wait I had to be somewhere. The guy at front desk said sorry bye. Then asst manager made it right gave me free night and got me different room. Bed was very hard. Curtains were ripped. Room not cold enough. Asst manager was very nice!

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for sharing your story. I apologize we were unable to exceed your expectations. We conveniently have two elevators on property to ensure that our guests never have to carry their luggage up or down the stairs. I'm glad to see that our Assistant Manager as able to correct the situation and provide you a different room for the evening. I hope you enjoyed your time in Grapevine and come back to stay with us again.
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

My family & I stayed here during this past weekend. We chose this hotel based on the reviews here and because of its proimity to the Grapevine Mills Mall (took children to Lego Land). Based on the information given her by someone else, I put in the address of 1805 Enchanted Way on my GPS to get to the hotel as it is kind of hard to find and there is no access from HWY 121 it seems. Anyway, if you get off on Bass Pro Drive then take the first left to Enchanted Way you will get to a Stop sign (which runs into Genesis way) and the hotel is to the left of that. Check in was easy and our rooms were clean and roomy. The hotel pool was nice which we used each day. Breakfast was plentiful with breakfast sandwiches, waffles, cereal (hot & cold), fruit, pasteries, milk, coffee, and juices. There were also cookies avaiable in the evenings which was nice. All staff were nice and the shuttle was a great plus! You will need to inform them when you want to use it and they will give you a card to call them back when your ready to be picked up. They drove us to and from the Grapevine Mills Mall and the Bass Pro Shop...night clubs...and they also go to the airport and other places as well. All in all we would definetly go back to this hotel in we were in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Gloria2010
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Firfield Inn the night before an early moring flight out of DFW even though we live about 45 mnutes away. They were short a shuttle drive so they paid for a cab to the airport for us and had a sister hotel pick us up when we returned late at night. The wrong they righted was in the fact that they double billed me for my stay!! When I got back from vacation I caught the error. The hotel manager got invovled and not only credited me for the extra billing but also refunded me for my actual stay billing due to my inconvenience. THAT, is customer serivce. We also had purchased one of their suites, which I have to say is awesome, Fairfield Inn or any other lower end or mid-range priced hotel. If you are loooking for a hotel near the North end of DFW I would highly recommend the Fairfield Inn.

Room Tip: Buy up for a few dollars more to a suite--welll worth the extra bucks
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank travelmandfw
newark, de
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

My stay was relatively short, since I only used the facility to rest (traveled to New Braunfels for most of my time in DFW). The staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and sensitive to customer needs, the room was very neat and clean, and I would not hesitate to recommend this facility. Only problem was understanding exactly which turns to make in the route to the hotel and back to the airport - not well marked, and confusing.But overall a 5star experience.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank megan r
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

I had a two day conference at the Gaylord and was not about to put out $350.00 per night to sat there. I found the Fairfield Inn, within 5 minutes of the Gaylord to be a GREST deal. They have an airport shuttle from DFW and will take you anywhere within the area (Gaylord, Bass Pro Shops, Malls, restaurants, etc.) free of charge. The hotel is well maintained and clean. Nice pool area typical of a Fairfield and outstanding staff! No bad marks for my stay at all. The one draw back that some people may not like is that there is really nothing in walking distance, but i never had to wait more than 10 minutes for the shuttle which I used extensively during my stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank CCIMtraveller
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

A business colleague and I had the pleasure of staying at the Fairfield Grapevine in late April, 2012, while attending a conference at the Gaylord Texan Resort.

We chose the Fairfield for its proximity to the Gaylord…and its $50/night room rate (using Marriott’s best rate guarantee) was certainly easier on the wallet than the $300/night rate at the Gaylord.

The staff at the Fairfield was extremely friendly and accommodating. For my colleague and me, the best perk at the Fairfield was the complimentary shuttle service. The drivers were happy to shuttle us to/from the Gaylord and even agreed to pick us up at the Gaylord and take us to the airport when we departed from our conference. The shuttle service alone saved us each more than $75 in cab/shuttle fares.

The front desk staff was efficient and helpful.

The rooms were clean and neat but somewhat tired. Certainly, this is a heavily trafficked hotel and the wear & tear shows in the rooms.

My only “nit” with my stay: I literally was the last person to check-in and take the last room when I arrived. I was given a handicap-accessible room. No problems, but the shower was not very comfortable and the room lacked some of the normal amenities. However, because I was only in my room for less than 8 hours per day, I had no real issue. Still, I would have appreciated fair warning from the desk clerk when I checked-in.

My business partner reported his room was larger than mine and very comfortable.

If you want a clean, comfortable, friendly…and reasonably priced…place to stay near DFW, the Fairfield will not disappoint.

Room Tip: higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business