“Very Impressed Four Day Visit”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
“Very Impressed Four Day Visit”
Reviewed 29 October 2012

The hotel was clean, comfortable, reasonably priced, and the staff was incredible! They bent over backwards to meet my needs! I was attending a business conference with over 7,000 participants and needed to shuttled off site, as did most of the hotel guests. The manager, Frank, did an incredible job meeting all of ours needs as well as all of the other staff members!!! The staff went WAY OUT OF THERE WAY to make this stay DELIGHTFUL! I would stay here again in a heartbeat ! THANK You!

• Stayed October 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I write this review at 2:45 in the morning as I cannot sleep due to the impossibly hard bed in this room, it is like sleeping on the floor. The first night here I called down for another blanket and was told by the front desk attendant that he would bring it right up- that never happened. The rooms are sub-par with their outdated televisions and old worn furniture. Looks to me like the whole hotel is in need of renovations. I booked this hotel because the normal hotel I stay at when in the Dallas area was booked. I will not be staying here in the future and just booked my next reservation with my regular hotel to ensure I don't have to.

• Stayed October 2012
Frank A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
Thank you for your review, we appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Our guests are the number one priority and we pride ourself on ensuring we respond to each of their requests and apologize that the blanket you asked for never arrived. While your night of sleep wasn't the greatest I hope you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast the following morning to start your day.
Junction City, Kansas
Reviewed 29 September 2012

A quality no frills hotel at a reasonable cost. The room was clean and everything worked. The staff was capable and friendly. They went out of their way to assist us with luggage issues. The staff was excellent. There was coffee in the room and a hot breakfast. I don't understand why there are any negative reviews of this hotel.

1 Thank Greg F
Frank A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine, responded to this review, 4 October 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate you taking the time to review our property. I will share your comments with the staff. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope you come back to see us again soon!
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Pros:
Hotel was clean
Staff was friendly

Cons:
TV in my room didn't work, had to be moved to new room
TVs in both rooms were small, old, and outdated. (19" tube TV).
Curtains ripped / falling apart
Bathroom was very outdated--fiberglass shower from the 80's.
Window in my room would not close without excessive force and rattling it into place.

They did say that they have new TVs on order but both rooms had the old ones and I'm surprised that they haven't upgraded before now.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations and the trouble you encountered with the first room. I will forward your "pros" about our friendly staff and the cleanliness of the rooms to my team. As we work to improve the items you noted, we strive to continue our success as being both clean and friendly for all of our guests.
Dickinson, Texas, USA
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We paid $90 for two queen beds and for the price, it's suited us just fine. The staff was very accommodating and switched us to a new room after our initial room didn't have a working A/C unit, the TV would not work properly and the bathroom door wouldn't lock. The new room had no problems at all.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your review, we sincerely apprecaite you taking the time to share your experience. While it sounds like you had a rough start to your stay, I'm thrilled to see that my team was able to solve the problem quickly to ensure we met your standards. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Not sure why all the positive reviews for this Fairfield, unless we just got the last room to be updated. I stay at various Marriotts more than 90 days out of the year, and this was the worst of the year so far. Lamp cord was short circuiting, carpet was worn and dirty, tub was a throwback to the early 80s, laminate coating on the bathroom door was torn off in strips, as if by a dog, work desk was tiny, and the TV was a small 24" tube TV with an old worn out remote. Service was fine, but our room, for the price, was not acceptable.

Room Tip: Very hard going with all of the road construction. Stay on the northbound service road from Bass Pr...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Thank you! We appreciate you taking the time to tell of your experience with us. We will be checking all the cords and fixtures in each room to ensure the issue is corrected. I would like to thank you for the "Room Tip" about our convenient location. The construction between the airport and us has greatly improved the past few weeks. New highway ramps and a number of new lanes have opened up making the short commute between our hotel and the DFW airport easier than ever.
Hewitt, Texas
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We make an annual trip to this area. First time at this hotel. Amir and staff were very friendly. Our first room had a glitch. They moved us with a smile. Pay the extra $ for the suite. Worth it to have sitting area. Good breakfast. Outside pool received good marks from kids.

Room Tip: If you are on top floors ask for back side of building.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the added comfort of the living room in one of our suites. The suites are a big hit among guests as the provide the convenience of a sitting area and a separate bedroom for privacy. The outdoor pool is always a hit with guests of all ages, it's a great place to beat the summer heat and BBQ at our grill on a warm night.