“DON'T STAY HERE!!”

Comfort Suites DFW N/Grapevine
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
“DON'T STAY HERE!!”
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I have been staying at the hotel for over 6 weeks now and it has been a horrible experience. While the maid staff, breakfast staff, and even a few of the receptionists have been great, the shuttle service has literally ruined my entire experience. I have waited for hours on multiple occasions for scheduled shuttle pickups. The drivers are rude, lazy, and I have literally heard them lie about their locations so they wouldn't have to pick people up. Everytime you call to ask where the shuttle is, they tell you it will be there in "5-10 minutes." 45-1hour later (hopefully) it shows up. This experience has ruined my time here and I can promise I will never stay at another comfort suites simply because of this treatment. If you hope or plan to get anywhere on time, and not spend hours of your time waiting around and being lied to, then I suggest you find another location!

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Matt_trackstar
Michael W, General Manager at Comfort Suites DFW N/Grapevine, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
Dear Guest,
We are truly sorry that you did not enjoy every part of your stay with us. It sounds like many of our staff members were helpful and friendly during your stay, however our transportation fell short. We want you to know that your comments are very important to us and have been investigated and addressed. We strive to make each stay comfortable and enjoyable for all of our guests and we truly apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We hope that you will reach out to us next time you are in Grapevine so that we have the opportunity to serve you again.

Michael Wranosky

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 2 February 2013

This was a great place to stay! I stayed here 2x during the summertime for 5 days each stay for a conference. The inn was very close to DFW airport, and had a shuttle to take you wherever you wanted to go within a defined radius. This was so convenient since they had airport pickup and the shuttle took me to some of the various restaurants in the area.

I stayed on the 3rd floor one visit, and the 1st floor during my last visit. Definitely prefered the 1st floor as it was easy access to the gym, swimming pool, breakfast area, and business center.

Rooms were quite comfortable with 2 queen beds, flat screen tv, and there was a sectioned off sofa area, business desk, and then refrigerator, microwave, and coffeemaker. Lovely suites to stay in with exceptional air conditioning.
The air conditioning had motion sensors however so once you left the room, the a/c would shut off. This made it a bit stuffy upon returning, during the hot summer months.

Breakfast was a nice continental style breakfast with do-it-yourself belgian waffles, toast, cereals, yogurts, apples/oranges, coffee, juice, muffins, and scrambled eggs or potatoes. Gotta love a free breakfast.

Staff are top notch and more than helpful. Dianna, Joey, Samantha, Jenna, Christian were all so nice and seemed genuinely happy to be working there.

There is a shell gas station right next door that is convenient for drinks, snacks, and premade sandwiches. There was also a Hampton Inn next door that shared the shuttle service.

Definitely would stay here again if I were in the area again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank RGb747
Michael W, General Manager at Comfort Suites DFW N/Grapevine, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Dear guest,

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The very fact that you took time out of your day to review our hotel speaks wonders as to how much you truly enjoyed your stay. Additionally, we thank you for your kind words. As you mentioned, we have a staff that is second-to-none and we were thrilled to have accommodated you not once, but twice during your Summer. Lastly, we look forwards to seeing you in the future and thank you again for reviewing our hotel.

Comfort Suites DFW N/Grapevine
Calgary
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Stayed at hotel for five days on a course and everything was great! Room was spotless, always clean, everything replenished, beds are comfortable and bathtub is very big. All the staff was friendly, helpful. The heat/air con reacted quickly when I changed the temperature in the room. Used the shuttle frequently and it always arrived within 10 minutes no matter where I was. Quiet hotel despite all the planes coming and going from DFW, comfortable lobby, decent breakfast in the morning and very close to DFW & Grapevine Mills. Free wifi, nice desk and work area. Gas station very close with a Mexican restaurant in it. Will stay there again and recommend to others.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank passitforward
Michael W, General Manager at Comfort Suites DFW N/Grapevine, responded to this review, 16 June 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for your evaluation of our hotel. By pinpointing our amenities, you not only give future guests more reason to stay with us, but you also give us as a staff a fresh reminder of what has truly made us successful over the years: guestroom cleanliness, reliable guest transportation, a delicious breakfast, and most importantly-our friendly staff. It was our pleasure to be able to accommodate you and we look forward to seeing you in the future. Once again, thank you for staying with us here at the Comfort Suites DFW North/Grapevine.
Antlers, Oklahoma
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Good location near DFW North with shuttle service. Nothing outstanding but nothing bad. Beds are comfortable. Would stay here again but wouldn't recommend if you're looking for a getaway type stay. Do recommend this location if you are traveling via DFW Airport.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cbattsr
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We normally stay at one of the premium motels such as Courtyard, Holiday Inn Express and Hyatt Place. This place was on par with these at $50 less!! Rooms are very nicely appointed with modern comfortable colors and large shower/bath tub. Our suite had a large sofa and chair with plenty of room on the desk for computers and LOT's of power outlets. Free wifi was plenty fast for browsing and checking email at about 3 mbps even at peak hours. Did I mention the people? They're obviously well-trained in how to make a client feel at home and went out of their way to accommodate us.

We're retired and very frequent traveler's. If this is the new standard for Comfort Suites we'll be giving them a serious look at all our travel stops. We travel to this area several times each year and we hope to be back here often!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sailright
Dear guest,
First of all, I would like to personally thank you for staying with us. Stepping outside your comfort zone can sometimes be unsettling, but I'm glad you gave us a try and now see the benefits of your actions. Secondly, you have verbalized a central theme that all Comfort Suites pride themselves on: value. By providing suite-style rooms with a free hot breakfast and free wifi, all Comfort Suites have established a more refined meaning of the word "value". Lastly, We feel blessed to have been the Comfort Suites to welcome you into the family and we will continue to provide our guests with what you state makes us unique: excellent customer service. We thank you again for staying with us and look forward to accommodating you in the future.
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I stayed here recently for work and was pleasantly surprised by what we found once we arrived! This hotel is very close to the airport, about a 15 minute drive. The shuttle service was amazing! They were very accommodating to our group, complimentary pickup and drop off for the airport, the outlet mall nearby, and they even took us to local restaurants for dinner---saving lots of fees on cabs---which were glad to provide back in thank you gratuity to our drivers! They were very friendly and knowledgeable about the local area. The rooms are very spacious, the beds were comfortable--no bed bugs in my room--but I did check after seeing a recent review! My room was super clean, and the bathtub was large enough for 4 people. There was a great sitting area with bar for comfortable evenings! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Cizzle123
Michael W, General Manager at Comfort Suites DFW N/Grapevine, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor. Your kind words encourage potential guests to stay with us and remind us as a staff of the key components that make us successful. We will continue to serve you and all of our guests with the same degree of excellence, cleanliness, and expediency you experienced throughout your stay. Additionally, I am glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations and we look forward to accommodating you in the future.

Grand Prairie, Texas
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed at this location last year for our anniversary and decided to stay there again this year. Big mistake!!!! I keep waking up thinking I was being bite by something...well sure enough I was. The room had bed bugs. I took one of the dead little soldiers down to the front desk so we could be moved to a different room. The manager on duty told the front desk to move us and spray the room. No, apologize or even eye contact made with me. I was then told they would credit the room but send me a check. I was beside myself at this point considing I have 6 fresh bed bug bites and it was my anniversary. They did move our room and I requested fresh linens and the room be sprayed before we moved in. Since I took personal pillows I did request them to wash them…not wanting to take our new not so nice “friends” home with us. We always receive a survey after staying at the hotel. We responded and the General Manager responded that the pest control company had inspected the room and it was beetles not bed bugs. Funny thing is that the maintenance people are the one that came and sprayed both rooms and they never saw the bug I took to the front desk. And Beetles do not bite.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank myra m
csgrapevine, Manager at Comfort Suites DFW N/Grapevine, responded to this review, 26 September 2012
Again, I apologize to this guest. The situation could have been handled better by the Guest Service Agents and the manager on duty. I have taken the opportunity to retrain and reinforce training when dealing with this type of situation. I also have to say that I got some information wrong regarding room numbers and the problem . The room in question was taken out of order immediately as were several others in the same floor. The pest control service inspected several rooms on the Monday following incident. Several rooms were treated for other insects; however, the room in question has been treated for the problem described. The room will not be placed back in service until the situation has been resolved.