“Facility - 9 Service - 2”

Comfort Suites DFW N/Grapevine
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
austin
“Facility - 9 Service - 2”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2010

In the Dallas area for a conference. My first stay at a Comfort Suites as the Hampton was booked. The facility is certainly competition for the Hampton, comfortable bed in a nicely appointed room. Good location for the DFW airport. The drawback - Clueless front desk staff, and the breakfast individual, well, no eggs, no plates, no sugar, no butter, and the breakfast person kept disappearing. Finally raided the pantry on my own and stocked what I could myself. The spa tub in my room was so slippery I almost fell. Figured out that someone had been using bath oil that evidently had not been properly cleaned out. ICK-------COMFORT - if you REALLY want to compete with the Hampton, better step up the service. I could recommend this hotel only with the caveat not to expect much if anything, from the staff.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2009

This hotel shares a parking lot with another hotel and the exit sign was missing. We turned onto the street, but it was a one-way street going the other way. Luckily we turned around in time. Dangerous situation!
We liked the room.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
teddy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2009

Nice looking place and friendly staff but the service was bad. I waited at the airport for an hour until they called me just to tell me to take a cab (which they reimbursed but an hour of waiting at the curb was rediculous. Later that night the shuttle was again... an hour late to a desitnation that was ---as advertised on the website ---"adjacent to the property" its really across the highway and I WAITED AGAIN FOR AN HOUR.....after the restaurant closed in the rain and in the dark ...it was supposed to be a "couple minutes" after that fiasco I was ready for a hot bath and ??? no soap no shampoo....used my own...after the bath i was drying my face and found a big long black hair hanging off my face from the towel;;;;;;; :-( but wait --day oone is not over.......i finally settle into bed and smell cologne on my pillow and the air conditioner smelled like someone pissed on it....ugh..... and folks it just got worse....the actual structure of the rooms and hotel is nice but don 't be fooled... its an illusion...run as fast as you can.... at this time im waiting for a cab after being told they had free airport service....and its on the website under hotel services..........as a world traveler I can say i have stayed in much much worse places but hey...when you're in the himalayas its worth it...in a gas station parking lot...i expect much better.......

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Meteren, Nederland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2008

The hotel is located nearby the Dallas airport. On the site you can read they have an airport shuttle, and they have, but better is to give them a call, we were picked up by another Comfort Inn shuttle, we showed the driver the print out of the hotel and he took us with him, but as said to the wrong hotel.
The shuttle of this hotel is excellent, you can ask them where to go and they drop you off, give them a call and they pick you up. We also had a perfect man behind the reception, we forget some luggage in the taxi from the other hotel and the man behind the reception even used his private cell-phone to call the hotel because they did not pick up the normal phone, after that het sent out the shuttle to get our bag back, and I think this is an excellent service.
The rooms are also very good, we had a Jacuzzi in our bathroom. The rest of the room was also very nice, we even had two televisions in the room.

• Liked — The people who are working there
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Herma_Ruth
la
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2008

very clean rooms, spacious, great breakfast, quiet, close to anything you would need. My husband, three young kids and I had a great experience. Slept wonderfully!! We will stay here anytime we are close. Would highly recommend.

• Liked — easy access to everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
lovelangel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2007

WOW..WOW...WOW... That's all I have to say about this property.... let me start off by saying you won't find a better staff at any area hotel... There was one gentleman in particular (Sasha) who went above and beyond anything I've ever seen from a Front Desk clerk to accomodate me with everything I needed... Breakfast was adequate and the rooms were unbelievable/

Stayed October 2007
1 Thank lovelangel
Hartland, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2007

Can't find a better deal. We were only there one night but it was very convenient to the mall and the Bass Pro Shop. Everything was very clean and almost new with plenty of parking. We enjoyed the large bathroom with jacuzzi tub. Breakfast was adequate. Can't go wrong in the grapevine area.

• Liked — almost new
  • Disliked — Grapevine isn't the best best location to the cities
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank MKENOW