“Great Place to Stay!”

Comfort Suites DFW N/Grapevine
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Reviewed 14 September 2007

This hotel was 1 of a few mailed to us with a wedding invitation. It was a great choice. Friendly help that went overboard and the breakfast was plentiful and varied. The rooms were very nice, clean and had everything you could want. While the pool wasn't the prettiest, it was a good size and clean with plenty of towels. We were there at the same time as a convention, but were treated as if we were just as important. Kudo's to all who work there. Great job!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank mstead

Reviewed 19 August 2007

I think I could find something wrong at any hotel. I did this one too. The air conditioning was not working good. After an hour I talked to the front desk. They said there air was having problems caused by intense heat wave. The worked were very apologetic and found a room with good air. It was also an upgrade. No hassles just service. That is all I expect from hotels. The breakfast is always great at choice hotels. Waffles, fresh fruit, breads, cereals, eggs, juice and coffee. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank boilermom7
Reviewed 15 July 2007

We were in Grapevine to attend a conference at the Gaylord Texan. I had stayed at the Gaylord Texan before, but as far as a hotel goes, the Comfort Suites rooms were more comfortable and roomier, the bathroom was beautiful and very large, the buildings were neat and clean, and the staff was courteous and extremely helpful. As students travelling on a budget, we stayed VERY COMFORTABLY with 5 people in one room. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a wonderful room at a reasonable price in Grapevine, TX.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank rxsooner
Reviewed 7 January 2007

The Comfort Inn at Grapevine was such a pleasure to visit. It was so comfortable and guest friendly. Our room had the jacuzzi and the shower. It was beautiful. The room was spacious and has a microwave and a frig, coffee. Unlimited coffee, tea and fruit in the lobby. Good variety of hot and cold continental breakfast evry AM. Computer was available for all guest free as well with a printer. Also they will provide you transportation andy were within 5 miles 24/7. Great location, clean and very coordinated. We will be back to stay there on our next visit! Jon at the front desk was so friendly, knowlegable and a pleasure to offer local information.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martha H
Reviewed 27 November 2006

I stayed one night this hotel and wish they were all modeled after this one. It's no 5-star resort and no one will come tuck you into bed but if a clean and super-comfortable place is what you need, this is it. We'd stayed at the Richardson hotel a couple nights before but I was there a day longer than the others and wanted to be nearer to the airport. Comfort Suites didn't share the fanciness of the Richardson but offered far more in amenities. When I checked in, the desk clerk invited me to help myself to free coffee and teas and to a fruit bowl filled with apples and bananas. I grabbed a couple of tea bags and a cup and heated water in my room that evening. I wish I'd taken pictures of the lobby and dining area. This is one of the few hotels that their pictures don't do the place justice. Often I've wondered how hotels get such great pictures that far exceed their actual spaces. Not so here. It's all very nice.

I had a suite with 1-king bed. I was pleasantly surprised to see an oversized jacuzzi tub in the very large, nicely furnished bathroom. One of the clerks told me later that the 2-queen rooms don't have the jacuzzis or quite as large sofa areas to make space for the beds. My room had a 2-piece sectional sofa and a desk separated from the bedroom area. I don't know how old the hotel is but everything was so clean that I'm sure that it must be fairly new. Another thing I appreciated was that the temperature control on the wall was very quick and responsive. I often wonder if these are even connected to anything in many hotel rooms. My bed was very comfortable and I was very pleasantly surprised by the good firm pillows. There was also an adjustable ceiling fan over the bed, rarely found in even the priciest hotels. I didn't take my laptop so didn't use the free wireless internet but I did use the computer in their small business center to check my email--love those services! I had a largish tv (with good channel selections), a refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker in the room. There was also a iron, ironing board and hair dryer.

The next morning I ate at the very nice continental breakfast in the lobby. They had various hot and cold cereals, muffins, sweet rolls, fresh fruit, freshly made pancakes, a variety of juices, and probably a few more things I'm not remembering. It wasn't as nice as the $14.95 breakfast bar at the Richardson but it was terrific for the continental-variety and you just can't beat free!

Overall, this is by far the best room I've ever had for this class of hotel. I picked this one because of the excellent reviews it gets here and it was even better than what I'd expected. I wish there were more places this good. See my photos!

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled on business
3  Thank chacharu
Reviewed 8 October 2006

My husband and I stayed at this hotel with our two small children for 2 nights. The room was very nice and clean. The bathroom had an enormous tub/shower with wonderful water pressure! The free breakfast had a good selection and was constantly being replenished. The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. The shuttle driver even gave us two little goodie bags for our children! The hotel shuttle to/from the airport was great. We had to catch a very early flight home and there was no problem getting to the airport on the shuttle. We will definitely stay at this hotel next time we are in the area.

Helpful Hints:

I used the hotel website to book the room and got a much better rate using the "Internet User's Rate" option.

The hotel is close (1/2 mile) to the mall and Bass Pro Shop but I don't recommend walking to them because they are across the interstate.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with family
2  Thank ckedgar
Reviewed 2 October 2005

I was recently (Sep. 26-30, 2005) in the Grapevine, TX area for a convention. I wasn't able to get a room at the resort where my convention was held, so I was booted to the overflow hotel (which turned out to be the Comfort Suites). In retrospect, I'm glad that happened. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Each day, the management contacted us to make sure that all of our needs were met and that we were satisfied. The room was immaculately clean. The beds were very comfortable. The large bathtub was a dream for someone who had driven for several hours. The free shuttle was of great convenience. The Wednesday of my stay, they offered complimentary martinis and snacks in the lobby (which, by the way, is beautifully decorated in a zen-reminiscent motif that combines well with a few abstract pieces). I had a microwave and refrigerator in my room, which was very convenient for me. (Today I will be leaving for another meeting in a different city and staying at a more expensive hotel that requires you to pay for a fridge in the room and a microwave isn't even an option.) The breakfast at the Comfort Suites was more substantial than I've received at many other hotels...the fresh, hot waffles were a treat! I would definitely return to this hotel and I feel confident when recommending it to others.

• Stayed: September 2005, travelled on business