“A wonderful hotel”

Residence Inn DFW Airport North/Grapevine
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Reviewed 20 July 2011

A beautiful hotel 5 minutes from the DFW airport.Spacious very clean and the most comfortable bed. Excellent free breakfast and a nice suprise a really nice restaurant and bar in the hotel.Dinner was excellent and a great choice of desserts. Ther are also many restaurants close by at the Grapevine Mills Outlet. The front desk staff the best very knowlegeable, helpful and made me feel like family.The town of Grapevine is 5 minutes away very quaint with shops and restaurants. I definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 June 2011

It was our first time in the area and we weren't sure where best to stay. Residence Inn was conveniently located across the mall and Legoland so we went in with no reservation which made me nervous a bit. The receptionist (Uza) was so warm and friendly and gave us a great room with a great view. They had a welcome box with toys and goodies for my 5 yr old which was surprising gift and a nice touch. Breakfast buffet had a nice healthy selection and the hotel overall was super clean and well maintained. All the staff that we met were friendly and had a smile on their face. It was a great experience overall. Would highly recommend this hotel! Thank you.

2  Thank edato74
Reviewed 26 June 2011

We held our family reunion at this hotel. We had approximately 35 people for 2 nights. The hotel staff was extremely pleasant to work with and went the extra step to ensure our reunion was a pleasant event even though not all aspects were handled by the hotel. They provided us ice for our coolers for boating trips, they provided meeting space for impromptu gatherings, the housekeeping staff went above the minimum to meet our needs.

The rooms were pleasant and more than met our needs as well.

Reviewed 11 June 2011

Quite exceptional Residence Inn. Close by to Grapevine Mills and the airport as well as the Gaylord convention center. Property looks fairly new. Pool and gym are decent sized. Rooms are large and well appointed. They have room service which worked for us as well as a surpisingly nice bar/restaurant downstairs. Overall it exceeded my expectations and would surely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2011

We stayed here for two nights. The hotel itself was really nice and clean. We booked a 1 bedroom king for a family of four. The room was a little smaller than expected, and there were only enough towels for two people. My husband went down to the front desk and was given more bath towels immediately, but they did not have enough wash cloths available, apparently they were being washed! My kids loved the pool it was never crowded, towels were provided at the entrance. The gym was small but excellent has everything you need for a great workout. The free breakfast was delicious and plentiful. The only issue I had with the hotel was when we asked for information about transportation into Dallas, the front desk staff did not have a clue. The did not even try to assist us. The hotel shuttle provided complimentary rides within a five mile radius. Aside from offering to call us a 52 dollar taxi they did or knew nothing to assist us. Finally the shuttle driver overheard us and went out of his way making calls and printing off information online to try to assist us. In the end we had him drop us back to the airport where we ended up renting a car for the day. We did not want to rent a car to begin with because we are a military family and were in town to pick up our car on Monday that we had shipped from overseas.
There is lots of free parking. If you do not have a car do not stay here because there is no public transportation available to Dallas from this hotel.

Reviewed 5 May 2011

This is a somewhat typical Residence Inn...each room is like a studio apartment, with a semi-separate kitchen area and semi-separate "living room" area. I noted the room to be very clean and fairly new-looking. The hotel is 10 minutes or less from Dallas-Ft Worth airport and a free shuttle van will come pick you up. You might have to wait 15 or 20 minutes, though -- but the alternative is a $24 taxi fare. The bed was comfortable; views are nothing to get excited about; TV was a decent flat screen though the satellite periodicaly went out during the rain. As many Residence Inns do, this place offers a free breakfast in the morning with the usual fare (eggs, bacon, potatoes, sausage, various breads, muffins, fruit, juice, coffee, etc). On Thursdays and Sundays, they also offer a couple of complimentary drinks and free food of some sort -- appetizers, mainly. The hotel is across a parking lot from a Fudrucker's restaurant and several other restaurants are in the close vicinity. Not much else is walking distance, but most people who stay here are likely headed someplace else by cab or shuttle. I wouldn't choose this hotel for leisure but if you need a place relatively close to the airport (about 7-8 miles), this isn't a bad choice. There may be some more upscale places very close to the airport, but likely more expensive.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2011

We were inpressed with the facility and enjoyed our stay. We got to know several of the staff by name during the stay and had absolutely NO complaints till after we checked out. Two days after our checkout we were billed $250.00 on credit card with no explanation. I called the business and politely asked if I could have the charges explained to me. I was transferred to an employee (with no name) who was rude with me from hello. She started by saying "You know what the charges is for and I do not want to hear your argument, I have heard it all before". I insisted on the reason for the charge and was told that it was because we smoked in our room. The staff member continued to be rude and informed me "I have heard it all before, thats what they all say" when I explained that we did not smoke in our room. We spent half our time there outside in the beautiful weather smoking in the smoking area. I feel that this is a scam and that customers should beware due to the fact the hotel does not have to produce ANY proof in order to charge you the fee.

I was planning on staying at this location repeatedly in the future but will NOT ever stay there again after this charge topped by the unbelievably rude employee!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends