“Great Service - Great Value”

Residence Inn DFW Airport North/Grapevine
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great Service - Great Value”
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Was concerned about spending an entire week in a hotel that was so close to the DFW airport - it's 10 minutes away with planes flying overhead constantly. I was so wrong.

The room was very quiet and since I was staying for a week, received a kitchen unit with a full-size refrigerator, stove top range, dishwasher and sink. The cleaning service was very attentive, making sure that the sink/tub/toilet were clean, that there was soap and facial tissues. The cleaning person washed any dishes in the sink and changed the wonderful bed. The linens were white and crisp and the pillows were fluffy.

The breakfast was quite varied and always out a little earlier than the advertised time for those of us who had to be at work early. It typically consisted of an egg/bacon/ham hot meal and self-serve waffles. There was always a hot tub of oatmeal, various types of breads, bagels and muffins - fresh coffee and yogurts. Really, a full selection of breakfast foods. The lady who prepared the food was very sociable, making sure that all the food stations stayed well-stocked. She would frequently pop out of the kitchen to ensure that things were going well.

There is a shuttle service that picks up/drops off customers at the airport. The shuttle will also drop off at downtown Grapevine, a charming little town not far from the hotel.

For the money, the service, food, ambiance for a hotel so close to the airport cannot be beat! If you are looking for a place to stay, don't pass this place up!

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the end of the hall on the 3rd floor. The laundry room is there and the door...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Durant, Oklahoma
Reviewed 8 July 2012

The rooms were beautiful, just as shown in the pictures. We swam but it was so windy we didn't stay out there very long! We opted to walk across the parking lot and visit Bass Pro Shop instead.

Now, I am a single mom who was dropping a girlfriend off at the airport about 4:30 AM and we decided to stay close to the airport so it would be much more convenient to go back to sleep after such an early morning departure. My three young children and I went back to sleep after going to the airport and was completely unprepared for what awaited us at breakfast.

It can be just a little chaotic trying to help three young children get breakfast at a hotel and as I was juggling this task a staff member stepped up and asked if they could help my son make a waffle. I was stunned because normally people walk the other way and come back later when they see a mom with several kids. Not only did this staff member help my son with the waffle but helped with the rest of his plate and while that was going on the chef came to check on food levels and stepped in to help my daughter with filling her plate while I was helping my other daughter. Again, I was pleasantly surprised, but it doesn't stop there.

Once we were seated the food was wonderful! Definitely not your average breakfast.

As our plates are being emptied the same chef came by and collected our plates and as we were getting up to leave he brought out three little bowls of candies for my kids to eat in the car on the way home.

The staff went way above and beyond in helping me and it left me speechless. Without question if I am ever in need of a place to stay around the airport I won't even look anywhere else!

I'd like to add in that the hotel has a shuttle that would have taken my friend to the airport that early but my kids and I really wanted to take her ourselves as we rarely get to see her.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Texas City, Texas
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Exceptionally Quiet Room. Glass double or triple glazed. Hotel is minutes from the airport in Grapevine, next to I-635. Very convenient for commuting to meetings in the North Dallas area. I had a studio suite, but it was spacious. Oddly, my room still had an old CRT-screen TV, but it did work. Everything worked. Bed had a great feel to it. The kitchen was nicely arranged and had all the bits I needed to do minor cooking. Two-burner stove top even. Hotel offers standard complimentary breakfast 0630-0930 weekdays. 0700-1000 AM weekends. Evening snacks are a mite truncated compared to most Residence Inns, but this was a classier offering than most Residence Inns. Hotel has a bar/restaurant, "The Library", which offers reasonably priced real food and beverages of the adult kind. A free airport shuttle is offered. Very handy. Will pick up at the airport if one calls the hotel, or drop off as well. Hotel has three vans in rotation. Standard aerobics workout room with two treadmills, elliptical treadmill and stationary bike. A Whataburger is next door to the right of the hotel, and a Fuddruckers is to the left. Around the corner from Uncle Bucks Brewery and Steakhouse (One could walk). Next to a Bass Pro Shop as well. This is a good extended-stay property.

Tri-Cities, WA
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I never thought I'd base a review on the free breakfast, but seriously, the breakfast provided was a much higher quality than the standard hotel free breakfast offered at similar hotels I've stayed at in the last couple of years. It didn't have that "pre-fab" look and taste that a lot of hotel breakfasts have (because they are pre-fabricated and ready to be warmed and served).

OK, so the breakfast was great, but so was the rest of my hotel experience. The room was clean and comfortable. The maid staff was friendly and accomodating. The front desk staff was very helpful in both hotel matters and in pointing out good places to eat and visit. Both check-in and check-out were fast and easy.

I was at the hotel for a group meeting. The entire group was amazed at the great value associated with the meeting room cost (and the flexibility and provision associated with AV equipment). The group was extremely pleased with the overall experience.

1 Thank finewine57
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I spent a week at the Residence Inn DFW Airport North/Grapevine whilst on a business trip to Dallas last November (2011). The location is extremely convenient for the Airport and is located near a large shopping mall (Grapevine Mills mall), with numerous restaurants nearby (including my personal favourite Fuddruckers!)

The room included a bedroom with a large double bed (very comfy), a decent-sized bathroom and a lounge/kitchen area. Breakfast was included in the price and included both hot and cold items – all of which were very good. The staff were very helpful – always happy to help out with any queries and will organise taxis or shuttles to nearby places (eg I got a shuttle over to the mall and just had to call when I’d finished for them to pick me up).

I cannot comment on the bar/restaurant on-site as I was out most evenings but overall I would say I was happy with my stay and would choose the Residence Inn if I’m back in Dallas on business again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Really enjoyed our stay at this property!!
Our room was spotless and the king bed was soo comfy...not too hard...not too soft...just right! The convienence of a small kitchen is a great big plus...my husband enjoyed going downstairs for the free breakfast, whereas I enjoyed being able to make a cup of tea and toast a bagel in my pjs...so we were both happy!
As many have said the location is great, next to Bass Pro Shop, across the highway from Grapevine Mills Mall, and within 10 minutes by car to Old town Grapevine and Southlake Town Square..(where the shopping is oh so great)!
We travel to DFW frequently so we will definately be returning to this property!

1 Thank MellieG
Pensacola Beach, Florida, USA
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Typical Residence Inn with very quiet rooms - considering proximity to DFW. Several restaurants nearby - ranging from fast food to sit down. Outlet mall nearby. Responsive and friendly front desk. Nice bar in the lobby. Good selection at breakfast. Shuttle leaves for airport every half hour. Will pick-up with phone call to desk. Make sure you know where you are before calling.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple