“Poor Experience for a Marriot”

Residence Inn DFW Airport North/Grapevine
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
“Poor Experience for a Marriot”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

The rooms are smaller than they appear, with two kids we had to ask for towels and shampoo every single day, and some times had to call twice to remind them. Breakfast is really poor and the attendant will "close", before closure. The hotel is clean and probably well located if you are not going to downtown Dallas. Just in front of Grapevine Mills, which is a good outlet, better than Allen. I could have chosen another hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
ClementeEspinosa, Manager at Residence Inn DFW Airport North/Grapevine, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
We do apoligize for the inconvienience you experienced at our hotel, I will be adressing our front desk team to see who dropped the ball in your case as well as reviewing the hours of operation with the breakfast team to ensure that we stick by our opening and closing times, We thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay as total guest satisfaction is our ultimate goal. Please feel free to call on me if you are ever in the area we would really like to show how we normally do business.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Pros: Quiet, good location

Cons: Customer Service, room size

Probably one of the worst Residence Inns I have stayed (amongst 100s). When I walked in to check in, the front desk gal was stuffing cookies (from the cookie plate for guests) into her mouth. When she was able to talk she said hello while wiping crumbs off the counter. She checked me in and made no mention of my Marriott Rewards status. I asked her about it just to make sure I would get my points and to see if I was offered a complimentary upgraded room for being Gold. She had to look it up and finally said "it's in there". I asked if my room was upgraded, she said she had no idea, that it was all in the computer already. I then asked if there would be a manager's reception in the evening. Again she had no idea what that even was. Luckily the manager was walking by and jumped in. He said they only have the reception two days a week since this is one of two Residence Inns in the country with a restaurant and that the restaurant wouldn't make any money if they did manager's receptions every night (like all other Residence Inns). At least he was direct.

I went up to my room. The room is very small if you are used to other Residence Inns. There was a used, open bottle of water in the freezer I am guessing came from the previous guest. The stay was fine. It was quiet despite the proximity to the freeway. Note that using your GPS on the address listed will get you lost. If you call the hotel, they will give you a different address to use or you can just use the Bass Pro Shop in Grapevine since it is right next door.

On the final morning of my stay, I went down for coffee. I asked the same young lady who checked me in if there were any newspapers. She said she just took the last one. Later when leaving the hotel, she was nice enough to holler at me walking out the door and let me know she was now finished with the newspaper and that I could have it if I wanted it.

The only other notable memory was that I had to call the front desk to get our garbage can under the sink emptied. It was overflowing but housekeeping somehow missed it when servicing the room.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
ClementeEspinosa, Manager at Residence Inn DFW Airport North/Grapevine, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Thank you for your feedback, Believe me that we will be reviewing service standards and training to resolve the issues that you encountered, This is obviously not what we would like our service to be a part of, Thanks again for your feedback.
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

Wonderful hotel. Spacious Quiet rooms, flat screen TV, Well stocked kitchen, real full size coffee maker, real kitchen, and an awesome well stocked breakfast room with sausage and eggs and a waffle maker and lots more.
Good hotel transportation too. And a Bass Pro shop and Fuddruckers in the parking lot.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for the kind words about our property, Yes we are very centrally located to all of the attractions that Grapevine has to offer, Our breakfast is rated very high by our guest consistently through our guest satisfaction scores, Once again thank you and look us up in the future when you travels bring you to the area.
Oklahoma city
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

Stayed here as a central location as went to the dallas aquarium and Forth Worth Zoo. Great weekend and enjoyed the hotel. We primarily spent the night because we wanted separate rooms/suite situation so when we put our 4yr old to sleep we could enjoy some TV. Thought the staff was very friendly and helpful. Our tv wasn't working in the living area the 1st night so we called in the morning and it was fixed within a hour or two. We did eat breakfast one morning and the lady working it was awesome and the food was good for a free hotel breakfast. Overall the hotel has a little age (small bathrooms) but its well maintained and for the price break it was all we could ask for.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
So glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, And yes Karen(the breakfast attendant) is a true gem, actually our employee of the year for the hotel and and the choice for the same from our coporate office for all of the hotels we manage, You could not have been more in the middle of dallas and fort worth. Thank you again!
Dana Point, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

Very nice property. Rooms with full kitchen. Very good complimentary hot breakfast. What more can a guest ask for? Well, for one a clean, made-up room on a daily basis. Two days out of a five day stay, we had to call several times for someone to make up the room. On both occasions the front desk promised someone "right away." After several calls and a face to face conversation, a housekeeping staff arrived at 6:00pm. We also asked about the free shuttle to the DFW airport. We were told it operated on the half-hour. But the front desk never informed us that they kept a reservation sheet. So, the morning we needed to get to the airport we asked the front desk staff at 7:00am whether we could make the 8:00am shuttle. Oh no, they replied, you didn't sign-up and it's full. I won't stay there again simply because the hotel is run by amateurs.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
ClementeEspinosa, Manager at Residence Inn DFW Airport North/Grapevine, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Glad that you enjoyed part of your stay, However that is not good enough for us, Complete guest satisfaction is our ultimate goal, We are very concerned with your comments and rest assured retraining will occur ASAP, I have reached out to you via email and when you have a chance please respond as I have limited ways of reaching out to you, Thank you for your comments they are the way that we get better, Sincerely .
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

This is a very well priced hotel and is convenient to the DFW area. The breakfast was excellent - I usually am not very impressed with "hotel" breakfasts but there selection was great and the food was outstanding. Bacon, eggs, sausage, biscuits - highly recommend for business and family travelers. The room was nice and comfortable. If you are wanting a reasonable rate for the area - note Great Wolf and Gaylord are nearby if you want a more luxury stay and don't mind spending another $100 more per night at those locations. Front desk staff was adequate I certainly didn't feel valued for being a Marriott Gold customer but not rude just not very friendly.

Room Tip: Higher floor recommended for quieter stay from road traffic.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
We love to hear these type of comments about our Hotel and the awesome breakfast we offer, However we do not love to hear that you were not reconized properly as one of our loyal guest
( gold status ), Believe me that we will be addressing this review with our staff, Please look us up next time you are in the area and feel free to contact me personally if you would like , Once again thank you for your comments. Sincerely.
Harrison Township, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

We chose this hotel because I wanted a hotel in the area with an outdoor pool and free breakfast. This place exceeded our expectations. The room was modern and very clean with a full kitchen. We not only had free breakfast but on Sunday and Thursday free dinners are also offered. On thursday the dinner was a very nice salad, bread, and two different kinds of pasta. Also free beer, wine and soft drinks. The kitchen and dining area were maintained well and very clean. Staff was friendly and helpful overall. Would definately return next time we're in the area. Be aware that with all the construction, your GPS may not take you there if you use the hotel address. We had to call the hotel when we couldn't find it a they gave us another address to put into the GPS.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ivytiger
ClementeEspinosa, Manager at Residence Inn DFW Airport North/Grapevine, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words about your stay with us, This is exactly what we strive for total guest satisfaction, Unfortunatly we have been dealing with the issue of gps since we opened but to no avail, We typically use 2501 bass pro drive to direct our guest to the hotel, GPS seems to like that address better, So thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again when your plans bring you to our area!