“Top notch”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Old Hickory

Old Hickory
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Hickory is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 236 Restaurants in Grapevine
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Top notch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

To start with, this place is just beautiful. I was with a party of 8, and we had to wait for about 15 minutes for a table. Not bad at all (and their couches are comfy).

We had an excellent server (sorry, forgot her name but she was from Michigan, I think). We also had a very professional Ukrainian server (Valeria) who was like an eagle watching for dropped napkins, low water glasses, etc.

I started off with a tomato salad - the tomatoes had an outstanding flavor, and the balsamic vinegar was perfect. It came with four rectangles of goat cheese as a base and the whole thing was quite excellent.

I ordered the KC strip steak, cooked medium. It was wonderful, and was cooked perfectly. For sides, I had the habenero corn (REALLY good) and mashed potatoes.

For dessert, I had the Creme Brûlée, which came with a few raspberries and a blackberry on the top. It was a generous portion, and was exactly what I expected.

For drinks, I stuck with Shiner Bock because I wanted to stay with a Texas beer. The server poured it herself, and did a great job there too.

This place is not cheap, but then again, it shouldn't be. This is quality food in a nice environment, and is surely a meal to remember. Everyone at my table was very pleased with everything, absolutely zero complaints.

I will be back.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank labdaddy

Rockwall, Texas
“Great dining experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

This was our 2nd visit and it was consistently awesome. The cocktail I ordered has a good amount of whiskey and wasn't watered down. Oysters Rockerfeller was awesome. The filet mignon was fork tender and the ribeye was extremely flavorful.

Monterey, California
“Exquisite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Barbara (our server from Witchita, KS) is awesome! Friendly with pizzazz, helpful, attentive, focused on ensuring the whole party has everything they need. She even exchanged my light linen napkin for a black one so as not to get the light lint onto my dark dress. She offered to go boxes before we asked. Had recommendations which were helpful too. Everything we ordered (rib eye, pork chop, salad, sides, wine…) were all delicious! Can't go wrong with Pahlmeyer wine. The cream brûlée and chocolate with French press coffee was a great way to end the exquisite dinner. Definitely coming back.

• Visited May 2014
Mass
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had a dinner meeting here with multiple options from the menu - all of which looked delicious. Got the salmon and was no disappointed!!! The filet and chicken dishes were also delicious. Service was excellent, wine options were also excellent. Again -highly recommend this if staying at the hotel.

Ingram, Texas
“Wonderful Service & Good food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Although very pricey, this is a good choice for a nice meal. The steaks are cooked to perfection. The truffle fries and habenero corn are delicious as the the caesar salad.