“Pretty Disappointing”

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Pretty Disappointing”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My husband and I attended a conference there. Not sure why this place was chosen for the conference, but...I'm sure it is a great place for families, but I was less-than-satisfied. The food was pretty bland. Even though we arrived late and ate around 8:30 pm, I would expect the food to be just as good as when they first started serving dinner. Even worse, I discovered my powdered coffee creamer had soured, but I was told by the front counter to call food service which did not open for another 30 minutes. I called back, no answer. Another call to the front desk and I was told they might be running late. 45 minutes after my initial call, I finally got someone to deliver more creamer. Why the heck couldn't the front desk send someone to the restaurant to get me some lousy creamer? Why couldn't the front desk call food svc?

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Deborah F
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for staying at Great Wolf Lodge – Grapevine and sharing your feedback with us! I sincerely apologize for the issues you had with the coffee creamer we provided in your suite. I will forward your concerns to our Management team for review so we can look for areas of opportunity to improve for future guests.

We hope you will visit with your whole family again soon!

Jason
Great Wolf Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here during a random snow storm In dallas. The hotel was nice and super kid friendly. My son's 3 and 1 really thought the lobby was cool. Our room was spacious and clean. But could maybe use some updating of the sitting room. BUT KIDS DIDNT CARE. I liked the bath products offered. Plenty of towels that's a plus for me with kids. We all enjoyed the water park. My 3 yr old loved the blue slide and he has autism and did really well . The lifeguards at the yellow and blue slide were great with him because he can't talk. Me and my husband went on rides too and they were fun. But the best thing about the water park for me is it is small and I can watch my kids better. Rather than a big outdoor water park. I didn't like that some parents let their kid in the adult hot tub while I was trying to relax for an hour. We spent our nights in the arcade and that ws fun.We ate at all the restaurants because we couldn't leave the hotel from the storm, but I thought the food was reasonable prices at each place for a hotel. Breakfast was great at the buffet. The rast was good too. Not like a five star restaurant but My kids liked it and that's all that mattered because this was a trip for them. But honestly me and my husband had a lot of fun also. So there were some things that weren't perfect. But we had a great time and will be back.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank busyme1
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The rooms were clean. The beds were comfortable and the staff was very accommodating. The water park was nice and my kids enjoyed it very much. There is very little for adults to do. We went during off season to avoid crowds. Was perfect! We were able to ride on the slides so often that we got bored which is much better than waiting in line for so long you got bored.

I spoke with other guests who informed me that you NEVER want to go during the busy season. They informed me that the place is so packed that you struggle trying to walk through the hallways. They said you would wait at least an hour in line to ride the slides.

Was a nice place for a one night, two day excursion.

3 Thank Megarave
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Great place to visit with children. We visited facility with four kids (12,11,10, and 5 years old) and Great Wolf offered something for all of them. We loved the indoor and outdoor waterparks and after we had enough facility also had many other activities and amenities to keep everyone entertained. Loved that use of wristbands as room keys and for charging any and everything throughout the facility instead of having to carry your wallet. We didn't eat at any of the restaurants but everything looked pretty good and prices seemed reasonable. Many other dining options as well as the mall are really close by.

Room Tip: We had a total of 6 guests and opted for the plain guest suite that sleeps 6. The room was cheaper i...
columbia, sc
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We went to GWL Memorial Day weekend 2014. We were impressed with the water park and everything they have for kids. This is a KID-FRIENDLY place, so don't go there if you hate crowds, kids, noise, and people bumping into you all day without saying "Excuse me." I didn't like the fact that we didn't get our HEROES discount, because it was a day when they didn't accept it. (Watch out for those days, and call before booking.)

Food was good, we had the pizza. Yet, the breakfast isn't that great! I expected better for the price I'm paying and a better variety. (The french toast and pancakes were flat, stale, and dry, they had slop looking stuff at the beginning of the buffet line, and nothing was fantastic besides the omelet, bacon, grits, and sausage. Traditionally stuff you would find anywhere. Go somewhere else for breakfast.)

Our room was clean, besides some sticky stuff on the floor when we arrived. :(

The indoor water park is awesome for kids of ALL ages, yet, the wave pool water was pretty cool, but the water everywhere else was fine, warmer than outside. I wouldn't stay longer than a day here, for the simple fact that you are exhausted when you leave. We stayed with some friends and had a good time. Your kids will definitely love it, and child-like adults will too! :D If you don't want to spent $700-$1000, try to enjoy the free things they have going on and forget about that wand game, your kids don't need to do that anyway unless they are older (around 8 years old or older).
GWL tries hard to do their best though, I could tell. Hope this helps, and have fun!

Room Tip: Call before booking to make sure you get your discounted price for your stay. :)
1 Thank alp2004life
Thank you for visiting Great Wolf Lodge – Grapevine and providing us with your feedback! I am sorry your family did not enjoy our breakfast buffet, but I will pass along your feedback so we can improve for future visits.

All promotions and discounts are subject to availability, so it is recommended to book as far in advance as possible. This gives you the best possible chance of reserving a room with a lower rate and potentially with a discount, if any are available.

We hope your family will stay with us again soon!

Jason
Great Wolf Guest Relations
Alexandria, LA
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Our son asked for a couple of nights at GWL for his birthday present. We didn't know what to expect, but we had an amazing time. So much to say about this place so let me break down some tips and points:
* The line at check-in time is crazy long, but moves pretty quick. They told us our room wouldn't be ready for another hour but we could go to the water park while waiting. By the time we went to secure our luggage, the room was ready.
* All of the lifeguards and most of the staff are young college age kids, but they were all very happy and friendly and well trained, very impressive to have that many happy employees that age.
* I heard bad things about the prices for food and drinks, but they really weren't that bad, a large pizza was $13.00, ice cream for 3 was $12.00, and a beer was $3.50. About average compared to some resorts and parks.
* Get valet parking, it makes it so much easier on check in day. The line of cars to check in is huge, but valet parking is quick and you never have to search for your car. Valet is about $23.00 a day, but well worth it.
* We went on Memorial day and the day after, and even though the resort was packed, the lines weren't long and we got on and off the slides quickly.
* The Magiquest game is great, it keeps the kids busy and they get plenty of exercise.
All in all, the place is very clean and great fun. We rode all the slides so many times that we actually got burned out, so two days was just enough. We will absolutely go back in the future, and I commend the GWL on their staff and resort.

Room Tip: Try for a room close to the elevators, the size of this place is incredible and the distance between...
3 Thank Us4cityfolks
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

My family and I really enjoyed the water park. The hotel rooms are very clean and the pool areas were well maintained. The room rates are a bit pricey but still affordable. The weather over Memorial weekend was not perfect so the indoor water park worked out. With that being said there are many other outdoor water parks to choose from. Being from Houston we could go to wet n wild or schliterbahn and not have the added expense of renting a room or the 5 hour drive. Although it was a great experience, next time we will spend locally.

• Stayed May 2014