Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine
Comfort Suites DFW N/Grapevine(Grapevine)(Great Value!)
US$105
  • Restaurant
US$114
Hotwire.com
5,767 results
All reviewsgreat wolf lodgewater parkmagic questwave poolbunk bedsropes coursemagiquest gameindoor waterparkdance partyall agespizzalife guardsfamily suiteolder kidsgreat family funwhole familyfamily vacation
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I don't normally leave bad reviews, but here it goes.

We arrived for a fun filled weekend, as we've stayed here before and had lots of fun. When we arrived, we stood in a very long line to check in, they only had three people working the front desk one of which was on the phone the entire time. When we finally got to the front desk we were helped by a young man that was in training and didn't know what he was doing and the young lady helping him was more interested in folding papers than helping. We finally made our way to our room. We decided to stay in the wolf suite, the wall paper was peeling off the walls in wolf den, the TV had wires hanging down from it and the remote didn't work. The queen sized bed was very uncomfortable. I called down about the remote and by the third phone call gave up getting a remote for the kids.

When we went into the waterpark I noticed that allot of the stuff on the kids water stuff was broken or just worn out. They didn't have enough tubes for the big slides and you ended up waiting for 20 mins to just get a tube and then make your way to stand inline for another 15 to 20mins to go down the slide. The towels that are provided are hard and don't even go around my 8 year old. We decided it was time for lunch around 1 o'clock and 2 of the snack places were closed. I stood in line outside for 20mins to only be told that the registers had gone down and they couldn't help any of us. We then decided to go to the outside dining area where you can have table service. We sat there for 20mins and not a single person came to our table, by husband went to the bar and asked she said someone would be right over another 20mins went by and I finally got up and asked the bar again, she was very rude and said I already told you someone will be with you and proceeded to holler at a girl to come to our table, she then in turn yelled at a guy and told him to do it. He gave us a menu, and I asked for 2 different salads one of which was a Caesar and he said they were out of both. I ordered guacamole and chips and my husband ordered a sandwich. I went inside to the pizza place to order a pizza for the kids and I could have ordered a salad there, they had Caesar not but 20 steps from where we were. I ordered the pizza and was back before we ever had our food. When the food finally came, my husbands was good the guacamole was bad it smelled bad and was brown. I had to go back inside to the pizza place and ordered a salad. Then it took about 15mins to even get the waiter to come over and give us a check.
After a long day at the water park, we've never left the resort to go to dinner before but after the experience we had at lunch decided to leave for dinner. We got back the kids wanted to play the game they have called Magic Quest, here we are again in line this time for over 40mins there is 4 registers and only two people working. After we got the wands one of them didn't work I went back to the counter and was told at this time, you need to wait in line again, 20mins later the employee was very rude and told me that I turned it and I needed to not turn it if I wanted it to work.

The next day we had an apt. at Scoops Spa, the girls loved it and the staff there was very friendly and sweet, that was probably the nicest and only wonderful experience while we were there.

We usually stay at resorts and I don't mind paying resort prices but I expect resort service. This resort should be budget prices. Its like the whole resort was understaffed and they were all rude. I wouldn't recommend anyone stay here nor while I ever again, next time I will go across the street to the Gaylord, which is a true resort.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Suzie9770
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Suzie, your feedback is greatly appreciated and I apologize for the issues you had while staying with us at Great Wolf Lodge – Grapevine. The service you received is not customary for us and I have shared your review with our Management team for review. We strive to provide our guests with exceptional guest service and I am sorry to hear we missed the mark with your family.

We hope to host your family again soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Apparently, the GWL in Grapevine has an agreement with the universal cheerleading Association & the needs of large, wandering bands of loud cheerleaders are more important than the individual families staying at the lodge. I only hope their contract is worth losing many customers.

For instance,at 4 p.m. on June 8, 2014 the sign outside the Loose Moose Cottage said "Dinner 5 p.m.- 9 p.m."
But when we arrived at 5, the entire place was "closed for a private event" and filled with cheerleaders. We asked about the situation and were told it would be open to lodge guests at 6 p.m.

So we returned at 6. Place was still filled with the UCA group & un-tipped wait staff was busy cleaning up the messes left by all the girls. Felt really sorry for the hosts & hostesses.

Bright and early Monday, June 9, I hit the in-lodge Starbucks at 6:15 a.m. only to encounter impassable hallways due to hoards of unsupervised cheerleader packs waiting in line for the Starbucks to open. One Starbucks vs. 100+ cheerleaders. Yea. Right. The sign said 6:30 a.m. - 10:30 p.m. But at 6:45 they all gave up on the Starbucks. I spoke to a front desk rep about this & her answer was to remove the part of the sign with the time on it. (I have the photo.)
Why the cheerleaders were crowding the Starbucks, I'll never know, because -- just like the evening before, the entire breakfast buffet was served to them -- before it was open to the lodge guests.
I would also suggest that possibly allowing these groups to block access in the hallways is dangerous.
But this is a facility that caters to crowds of loud kids and families, so I wasn't expecting no-lines or special treatment. I was not prepared to be treated secondary to the needs of cheerleading squads.
Aside from that entire scenario, services advertised/publicized were not available -- like the shuttle to area attractions. After speaking to a rep, making a reservation and paying in advance, I was told "no shuttles are operating today" when I arrived for departure.
This seemed to be an overall problem. The communication between staff and communication to public. And there should be a huge exception: except when cheerleaders are present.
But I really don't care to make any Texas Cheerleading moms angry...

Room Tip: Ask if any UCA conventions/camps are in residence. And then run far in the opposite direction.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Sara C
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Sara, we greatly appreciate you sharing your point of view and can understand your frustration with the situation.

The cheerleaders that are a part of the UCA competitions have very structured schedules and when you see large congregations of cheerleaders in one part of the lodge, this would be a good time to take advantage of the waterpark.

Also, we provide coffee makers with coffee in all of our suites, so this is an alternative to waiting in line at Starbucks.

I deeply apologize if you felt you were treated as secondary to our UCA guests as this is not our intent. We want all of our guests to feel at home while they are staying with us and give every single guest the best possible service we can provide.

I will share your concerns about the shuttle service we utilize with our Management team for review so we can improve what we have in place for future guests.

It is our sincere hope that your family will stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

My husband and I attended a conference there. Not sure why this place was chosen for the conference, but...I'm sure it is a great place for families, but I was less-than-satisfied. The food was pretty bland. Even though we arrived late and ate around 8:30 pm, I would expect the food to be just as good as when they first started serving dinner. Even worse, I discovered my powdered coffee creamer had soured, but I was told by the front counter to call food service which did not open for another 30 minutes. I called back, no answer. Another call to the front desk and I was told they might be running late. 45 minutes after my initial call, I finally got someone to deliver more creamer. Why the heck couldn't the front desk send someone to the restaurant to get me some lousy creamer? Why couldn't the front desk call food svc?

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Deborah F
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for staying at Great Wolf Lodge – Grapevine and sharing your feedback with us! I sincerely apologize for the issues you had with the coffee creamer we provided in your suite. I will forward your concerns to our Management team for review so we can look for areas of opportunity to improve for future guests.

We hope you will visit with your whole family again soon!

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here during a random snow storm In dallas. The hotel was nice and super kid friendly. My son's 3 and 1 really thought the lobby was cool. Our room was spacious and clean. But could maybe use some updating of the sitting room. BUT KIDS DIDNT CARE. I liked the bath products offered. Plenty of towels that's a plus for me with kids. We all enjoyed the water park. My 3 yr old loved the blue slide and he has autism and did really well . The lifeguards at the yellow and blue slide were great with him because he can't talk. Me and my husband went on rides too and they were fun. But the best thing about the water park for me is it is small and I can watch my kids better. Rather than a big outdoor water park. I didn't like that some parents let their kid in the adult hot tub while I was trying to relax for an hour. We spent our nights in the arcade and that ws fun.We ate at all the restaurants because we couldn't leave the hotel from the storm, but I thought the food was reasonable prices at each place for a hotel. Breakfast was great at the buffet. The rast was good too. Not like a five star restaurant but My kids liked it and that's all that mattered because this was a trip for them. But honestly me and my husband had a lot of fun also. So there were some things that weren't perfect. But we had a great time and will be back.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank busyme1
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The rooms were clean. The beds were comfortable and the staff was very accommodating. The water park was nice and my kids enjoyed it very much. There is very little for adults to do. We went during off season to avoid crowds. Was perfect! We were able to ride on the slides so often that we got bored which is much better than waiting in line for so long you got bored.

I spoke with other guests who informed me that you NEVER want to go during the busy season. They informed me that the place is so packed that you struggle trying to walk through the hallways. They said you would wait at least an hour in line to ride the slides.

Was a nice place for a one night, two day excursion.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family