“Love it!”

and 1 more site!
Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This weekend will be our fourth stay in nine months. Is it expensive? Yes! The restaurant food is not impressive. We usually eat in town. The beds are not comfortable at all but my kids love them. There is plenty to do between the waterpark, arcade, build a bear and magic quest. Microwave and fridge are great cause you save money by bringing your own snacks/lunch. I have never seen ridiculous lines at all. The chlorine is overwhelming indoors but you are closed in indoors! Personally, the outside is our favorite part sp we would never go outside of the summer. It is a kids resort and you should expect just that. Fun for adults and kiddos.

• Stayed: June 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (5,396)

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I've been to GWL in both Texas and Kansas City several times each, and the water park here is definitely better. Your kids will love it. MQ is fantastic! My kids liked it even better than the water park. But the rooms have a lot to be desired. The size is great even in a standard room, but that's about it. The bedding and pillows are close to awful, as well as the bathroom towels. The rooms have always been clean enough, but again, nothing great. It's definitely worth a stay for the MQ and water park, but do not expect anything more than mediocre rooms.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for sharing the feedback from your recent stay at Great Wolf Lodge – Grapevine! I am glad your children love MagiQuest and have a lot of fun in the waterpark. MagiQuest is a tremendous value for repeat guests as the wands used to play the game retain their play history and can be used at any MagiQuest location across the country.

I am disappointed to hear of the issues you had with your suite and will share it with our Management team for review. We want to make sure our guests are as comfortable as possible while staying with us and your comments will help us improve for future guests.

We hope to host your family again soon!

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We planned to stay here as an end of year trip for 3 kids (15, 7, & 1). It was horrible. When we arrived to our kids cabin room, the toilet didn't flush (which we didn't realize until someone had already used it). It took 30 min for someone to come fix it. The waterpark is nice, but the water is cold indoors and there are very limited tubes for the rides so a lot of waiting around. The outdoor pool is nice, limited shade and umbrellas though, and no more special than a neighborhood pool. When we were done in the water we (all 6 of us) went to shower in our room only to find the shower didn't work - 3 kids and 3 adults wet from the pool and nobody can change or sit down because it again took close to 3min for someone to come look at it. Despite having a reservation for 6 people, we only had 2 towels and 4 washcloths in our room and had to wait for housekeeping to bring us more. Top all that off with checkin at 3 and check out at 11 - we basically drove over 2 hours to go to the pool, but it cost us $400+.... Pros: close to aquarium & legoland & the mall, downtown grapevine was nice and there was a nighttime ice cream parlor for the kids. The 2 older ones enjoyed the magic quest game, and the food was decent... Cons: as above, the customer service as we tried to get these issues resolved left a lot to be desired, there's very little for toddlers to interact with. They do offer military discount (heroes program) and when we booked I was told the cost of the room goes up as more rooms are booked - in other words plan your trip well in advance for the best rate. Overall not the end of school year funnest celebration we were hoping for, we won't go again.

4  Thank Jbeauvil78

Thank you for visiting Great Wolf Lodge – Grapevine and sharing your feedback with us! I apologize for the issues you had with your suite, but I am glad we were able to resolve the issue for you.

When our Housekeeping team is prepping each suite, they provide enough items to cover the base number of guests for each suite style. For instance, a Family Suite has a base occupancy of 4 guests, so there would be enough toiletry items to accommodate 4 guests staying in the room. However, if more items are needed, you can always contact Guest Services who will have additional items provided to you. If you know you might need more than what is normally stocked, you can leave a note in the reservation when you book and we will do our best to work with your family.

Our rates are determined by the number of rooms remaining in our inventory at any given time and are subject to change as other guests’ book their Great Wolf Lodge vacations. This is why we encourage all guests to make reservations as far in advance as possible to secure the lowest possible rate. Once the reservation is made, your specific rate is locked in and will not change.

It is my sincere hope that you will reconsider and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We are actually still here, but I have to go ahead and write my review because I'm so disappointed. This is our 4th time to come here, and usually we're happy with our stay, but this time has been an eye opener. Everything is going downhill, including the clue talk that are staying here. I really do not know how some the families we see can afford to stay here. We pay a lot of money to stay at a "resort". A resort that should be catering to a certain class of people for the price. There are do many strange people here that I feel unsafe.

Other issues:

1. Everything is starting to look old and warn out. It's clear that's it's not being kept up.
2. Had to ask the front desk upon arrival for soap, a Do not disturb sign---who has to ask for items like that????
3. Not enough tubes for the rides.
4. Arcade is teeny and has even less for toddlers to do.
5. Drinks are over priced with hardly any liqueur. (Bring your own flask to supplement.)

We will not be coming here again.

4  Thank Betty G

Betty, we appreciate the feedback from your stay at Great Wolf Lodge – Grapevine and I apologize for the inconveniences you ran across on your trip. We are always looking for ways to improve and guest reviews play a key role in this process, so we welcome any and all guest commentary.

Guests are always welcome to bring their own food and beverages to their suite to help make their stay easier. This applies to adult beverages as well; however, we ask that all outside food and beverages not be brought into the waterpark for safety.

We offer a variety of activities that a toddler might enjoy, such as our Cub Club, Creation Station, and our daily Clock Tower Shows.

We hope to see your family again soon!

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel was clean and well kept, the pools and activities for kids were amazing (our kids loved it). The downfall was how expensive the food is, but we only stayed for 1 night so it wasn't too bad. Our kids can't wait to go back again.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My young kids had a blast here with the wand and wizard thing, I wouldn't recommend for teens. During the day the adults can have a great time hanging out by the huge outside pool that includes water rides. The indoor water park tends to get very crowded with kids everywhere. Overall had a great time.

Room Tip: don't worry about the type of room, you won't be in it much.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I don't normally leave bad reviews, but here it goes.

We arrived for a fun filled weekend, as we've stayed here before and had lots of fun. When we arrived, we stood in a very long line to check in, they only had three people working the front desk one of which was on the phone the entire time. When we finally got to the front desk we were helped by a young man that was in training and didn't know what he was doing and the young lady helping him was more interested in folding papers than helping. We finally made our way to our room. We decided to stay in the wolf suite, the wall paper was peeling off the walls in wolf den, the TV had wires hanging down from it and the remote didn't work. The queen sized bed was very uncomfortable. I called down about the remote and by the third phone call gave up getting a remote for the kids.

When we went into the waterpark I noticed that allot of the stuff on the kids water stuff was broken or just worn out. They didn't have enough tubes for the big slides and you ended up waiting for 20 mins to just get a tube and then make your way to stand inline for another 15 to 20mins to go down the slide. The towels that are provided are hard and don't even go around my 8 year old. We decided it was time for lunch around 1 o'clock and 2 of the snack places were closed. I stood in line outside for 20mins to only be told that the registers had gone down and they couldn't help any of us. We then decided to go to the outside dining area where you can have table service. We sat there for 20mins and not a single person came to our table, by husband went to the bar and asked she said someone would be right over another 20mins went by and I finally got up and asked the bar again, she was very rude and said I already told you someone will be with you and proceeded to holler at a girl to come to our table, she then in turn yelled at a guy and told him to do it. He gave us a menu, and I asked for 2 different salads one of which was a Caesar and he said they were out of both. I ordered guacamole and chips and my husband ordered a sandwich. I went inside to the pizza place to order a pizza for the kids and I could have ordered a salad there, they had Caesar not but 20 steps from where we were. I ordered the pizza and was back before we ever had our food. When the food finally came, my husbands was good the guacamole was bad it smelled bad and was brown. I had to go back inside to the pizza place and ordered a salad. Then it took about 15mins to even get the waiter to come over and give us a check.
After a long day at the water park, we've never left the resort to go to dinner before but after the experience we had at lunch decided to leave for dinner. We got back the kids wanted to play the game they have called Magic Quest, here we are again in line this time for over 40mins there is 4 registers and only two people working. After we got the wands one of them didn't work I went back to the counter and was told at this time, you need to wait in line again, 20mins later the employee was very rude and told me that I turned it and I needed to not turn it if I wanted it to work.

The next day we had an apt. at Scoops Spa, the girls loved it and the staff there was very friendly and sweet, that was probably the nicest and only wonderful experience while we were there.

We usually stay at resorts and I don't mind paying resort prices but I expect resort service. This resort should be budget prices. Its like the whole resort was understaffed and they were all rude. I wouldn't recommend anyone stay here nor while I ever again, next time I will go across the street to the Gaylord, which is a true resort.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Suzie9770

Suzie, your feedback is greatly appreciated and I apologize for the issues you had while staying with us at Great Wolf Lodge – Grapevine. The service you received is not customary for us and I have shared your review with our Management team for review. We strive to provide our guests with exceptional guest service and I am sorry to hear we missed the mark with your family.

We hope to host your family again soon.