“Severely overpriced.”

Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Watch the charges add up! Expensive to begin with and every snack and activity sends the tab further through the stratosphere. Adults should prepare themselves for a humid hotel and slow crowded elevators. Those with allergies should be prepared to medicate. However, our kids had a great time and we got to relax before the beginning of the new school year.

Room Tip: Bring snacks from home to save money. Consider eating off the property.
2  Thank ScottyWood1927
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Scotty,

Thank you for staying at Great Wolf Lodge – Grapevine and sharing your observations with us! We understand price can be a point of contention for our guests, which is why we offer a variety of amenities at a discounted price through our bundled add-on packages. For more information, visit us online and chat with a live Great Wolf Representative from 8am to 10pm CST!

We hope to host your family again soon!

There are newer reviews for Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I have "some good" and "some not so good" things to say about this resort.
Obviously, if you have young children, they are going to LOVE it!
It was my grandson's BD (6) and we did a "Stay-cation" for 2 nights and 3 days.
The positives:
Its great that you can come before check in 1:00 and have full access to the resort. Check in time is 3-4 I believe. You can also stay the whole day once you check out (check out 11:00.) That's a plus that many other hotels do not offer!
There is plenty for everyone to do...just be ready with the cash!

Negatives:
We aren't always early risers b/c we would stay up late at night and play in the arcade, etc.
Well, good luck finding breakfast or anything close to it, besides fruit and yogurt after 11:00. Seems like a resort this size, there would be ONE restaurant that could cater a little coffee, (coffee is in room, but I HATE powdered cream!) danish maybe, something between breakfast n lunch time!! My grandson is gluten and dairy free (I'm GF) so yogurt was NOT an option. I had some snacks in the room for him, and yes I know, I should have gotten him up earlier, but...we were on vacation! The cantaloup in the cut up fruit, well, I won't comment on what it tasted like! Use your imagination! So, we actually went off site for a couple of our meals! I didn't want to, but their food was just really not up to par, especially for the price! Typical resort prices I guess! Oh, one day I had a Caesar's Salad at the bar by the pool, the waitress DID inform me that they SERVE IT HOT!!! Really?? It's 100+ degrees in TX and you serve a HOT LETTUCE SALAD?? I knew better than to order it, but since my diet is "picky at best," and everything else was not anything I was interested in, I went ahead and ordered it. She was not lying, it was WARM lettuce?! I took about 4-5 bites and tossed it! My bad. I did hear someone the next day say something about ordering it, I forewarned them, they thanked me for telling them, they were kinda perplexed about it also?!
OK, ONE MORE NEGATIVE and then I will move on...THE ABSOLUTE WORSE THING ABOUT THIS WATER PARK. THE INSIDE WATER PARK (outside is fabulous!) NIght/Day! The inside, the first day we arrived we stayed inside the whole day. I wanted to RUN (NOT WALK/RUN) home! It was humid, it was crowded (OK, I expected that,) the chlorine will absolutely BURN YOUR EYEBALLS OUT! IF you have any allergies...DON'T GO THERE...SERIOUS, or stay outside. There are signs that tell you that the chlorine can cause seizures (I think they say something like that!) OH MY...ALL I KNOW, since we returned home late Thurs. evening...I have been in bed ever since! I don't know if it's the chlorine, the germs from everyone else, whatever, but I am so congested, sore throat, etc. UGH! I had several other friends tell me that they get sick every time they come home from here also!
Once again, since my grand kids had such a wonderful time, I would suck it up and take them again, but...WOW, since this was my first time, I guess I will be more prepared and equipped the next time. Oh, and don't just "assume" that housekeeping will come and make up your room. We left the 1st day @ 10:30, came back at 2:30 for a rest, no maid...left again @ 5:00, as we were leaving, there was housekeeping in the next room. stuck my head in and told them I was leaving, could you please stop by and clean up our room. "Sure, we will call someone." "Call someone, aren't you RIGHT HERE?" Then 2 doors down, lady with IPAD, writing things down, "Are you head of housekeeping?" Yes, Could you please see that our room gets made up, we will be leaving for @ 2 hours for dinner. Yes, I'll be happy to. Come back @ 7:30...still NO maid service! Call down to front desk...could we get our room cleaned up? Yes, but from now on you need to call us. OK, I THOUGHT that by telling the maid next door and the "head" of housekeeping? I WAS telling someone?! My bad I guess? Have fun and enjoy...put on your "patience cap!"

Room Tip: Not really sure?
3  Thank Madeline55870

Madeline,

Thank you for visiting Great Wolf Lodge – Grapevine and providing us with your feedback! We appreciate your candor and I am incredibly disappointed to learn that we were unable to adequately meet your dietary needs.

Our culinary team strives to provide all of our guests with options that can meet a variety of difference specifications; however, if there are particular dietary restrictions, you are able to plan for this eventuality in advance. For more information on the steps to take, please visit us online from 8am to 10pm CST and chat with a live Great Wolf Representative!

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Echoing what other reviews say, if you're looking for the value for your money this is not the place - you would be much better off staying in a regular hotel and going to the water park. That being price (and all the extra expenses) aside this was an amazing experience - most of the things in this hotel are thought-through (e.g. wristbands serving as a roomkey etc.), waterpark is conveniently located just a 3 min walk from your room, variety of food options on site. Our kids of 4 and 6 loved this place.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

First, let me say that the hotel and waterpark are a great summer destination for elementary aged kids or grandkids. We stayed in a KidKamp Suite designed to look like the bunk beds were out in the woods. Our grandkids, an 8 year old boy and girl, loved the beds and spent time playing in the room. It was worth the extra money to upgrade from a standard room. The waterpark was perfectly suited for their age level and we could feel comfortable both following
them around or allowing them freedom to roam by themselves while we stayed put in an outdoor recliner by the pool. There are lifeguards everywhere (and our kids are both good swimmers). Now for the problem...... we were not prepared for the inside first floor amusements that you had to walk through to get in and out of the waterpark. These included huge gamerooms filled with video games and a huge moneymaker called MagicQuest that every kid wanted to do. You buy a wand for $15 bucks per kid and then multi-level games where the kids search the hotel for treasures. Our kids insisted on buying game level one, which they completed in 10 minutes. Of course, many additional levels could be purchased at $14 per kid per game but we pulled them
out of there. That was $30 bucks for a ten minute game each. As a grandparent, I was planning to spend two days having fun in the waterpark which was included in the cost of the room, but was not planning to feel trapped into unloading that much extra money. So, just a warning. I would highly recommend the hotel and waterpark. Just keep a leash on your kids and decide ahead of time how much you want to spend in additional food and games.

8  Thank sunandsonworshiper
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Spend your money elsewhere. The staff is obviously not adequately trained. Problems started immediately at check in and persisted throughout our stay. The water park was okay but that was it. The magi quest game is lengthy and children must travel all over the hotel to participate --so be prepared to take the stairs as the elevators can take up to 10-15 mins to catch one. I had issues with my bill and a mistake was made (on the part of GWL) and the desk rep was very rude. I have no idea why. Vending machines were broken on our floor. 4 water bottles and 3 sodas cost $24 dollars in the hotel so you might want to take your own drinks!!! If you are unlucky and choose to vacation at GWL, buy the paw pass because hundreds of $ will be spent on amenities.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank jmontema
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you for staying at Great Wolf Lodge – Grapevine and providing us with the feedback from your visit! I am saddened to learn of the difficulties you had with your bill and the service you received when you tried to rectify it. If you still have not seen a resolution with your bill, you can contact me directly at guestrelations@greatwolf.com and I would be happy to facilitate a discussion for you.

We hope to have your pack back soon!

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Rented KidCabin for parents and four 8 year olds. $570/night including taxes and fees. Involuntarily put into ADA room which cuts kids cabin size in half and eliminates on bed. Absolute rip off. Food and staff were fine. Filled out review form GM sent and asked for someone to contact me, but I am sure no one ever will. Will not return. No wonder this company has been in/out of bankruptcy.

3  Thank Todd G
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We had high expectations for the cost, boy were we disappointed. We even had the Groupon rate & it was excessive for what you get. For my family of 6 we stayed in a regular family suite with a balcony. The queen beds were uncomfortable & the pillows were hard, but the fold out sofa was horrible. My 2 kids that slept on it were miserable. Our room was directly behind the DJ for a company event both days we were there which ruined our stay. The DJ started at 3pm & played until 9pm both days. When I say it was loud in our room that is an understatement. I mean we could clearly hear the lyrics to every song & everything the DJ said. My 3 yr old was signing along & dancing in the room. We could not go back to our room to relax after swimming all morning or to put our 3 yr old down to rest. We couldn't even watch tv until after 9:00 because we couldn't hear it. We couldn't sit out on the balcony because it was unbearably loud out there & about 150 people were looking right at us. We basically had to leave our room from 3-9 each day to keep our sanity.

We ate the pizza (it was ok & reasonably priced), the Fireside Grill was pretty good, but the Moose buffet restaurant was horrible. The breakfast buffet was not good (food nor service) and it didn't even include a cup of coffee!! We were charged $2.29 extra for one cup of coffee.

The halls are very long, we were at the end of the hall & it's a hike. The elevators are extremely slow. There are 6 of them but it seems like only one is running. When leaving we waited 7 minutes for one before just taking the stairs.

The water park itself is ok, but we expected more for the cost. The first day my kids were done after 3 hrs & asked "is there anything else?"

Highly recommend a nicer hotel & a day pass to a different water park. This place is just not worth it.

Room Tip: Away from the garden area that events are held in.
2  Thank Mollee R
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Mollee,

Thank you for visiting Great Wolf Lodge – Grapevine and sharing your experience with us! I am incredibly disappointed to learn of the difficulties you had with your suite and with part of your dining experience. Please know this is not customary for us and I have shared your concerns with our Management team at the resort to discuss internally.

Guests can request to be on the shorter wing of the resort and on a higher floor. This would help alleviate any ambient noise from the outdoor waterpark area or the conference wing of the lodge.

I hope this information helps you in planning a future stay with us!

Great Wolf Guest Relations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grapevine
Hilton Anatole
Hilton Anatole
#35 of 205 in Dallas
Hyatt Place Dallas/Grapevine
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North
Comfort Suites DFW N/Grapevine
Super 8 Grapevine/DFW Airport Northwest
Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center

Been to Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine? Share your experiences!