“Bring your Own Towels”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Greenville
Helotes
“Bring your Own Towels”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I Am At The Hotel Now An I Must Say it Is A Nice Room. But There Is One Big Problem. I Am Told That Every Room Gets Three Bath Towels. It Doesn't Matter That I Am In A Suite With Five People. You Can Get Swim TowelS To Shower With But No Extra Bath Towels. They Even Ran Out Of Pool TowelS So A Group Of Four Couldn't Get Even Pool Towels To Shower With. The Girl At The Front Desk Tried To Call The Manager But No Answer. What Kind Of Hotel Doesn't Have Towels???

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank helot127
helmhotelsgroup, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
We would like to apologize for the lack of pool towels that were available on Saturday. While it is no excuse, we had a large amount of families in the hotel for a softball tournament and they rapidly depleted our inventory. We would never intentionally deprive any room or guest of bath towels. We hope that the discount that was given for your room will in some small way express our regret over the situation and in the future we will strive to maintain an adequate supply of pool towels and bath towels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Livingston, Texas
Reviewed 14 June 2013

this was my third visit to this hotel this year. Each time I am met with a surprise. This time the management had decided that providing guests with soap was way too expensive, so the have opt'd to leave little bottles of bath gel in the rooms. I don't know about anyone else but I do not feel clean after using this type of product. I ended up going to CVS and buying a bar of soap. One other thing, if you are a Priority Club member (I am Platinum), do not expect your preferences to be taken into account when assigning you a room. You are not like to get what you ask for, let alone an upgrade. good news is there are lots of other hotels in town.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
helmhotelsgroup, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
We apologize that we did not have the desired complimentary items that you expected when you arrived at our hotel. We strive to make sure that each and every one of our guests receives the attention and amenities that they have come to expect at any IHG property. The issue was due to an operations error that has since been corrected. We truly appreciate your business, and hope that this unfortunate issue will not hinder you from returning to our property in the future so that we may serve you as best as possible.

Thank you for your stay and for being a valued Platinum Priority Club Member,

Management Staff
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites
Greenville, Tx.
Bonham, Texas
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I was in Greenville, Tx awaiting the birth of my great grandchild. About midnight on May 30, 2013, after she was born, we all were exhausted & needed to sleep. We went to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Greenville, TX. Justin Bond was on duty behind the desk. He was extremely professional and proficient and very quickly got us room #339. I have stayed at Holiday Inn Express in other cities before and enjoyed my stay. The Continental Breakfasts are great. The beds are GREAT, very comfortable. I slept like a baby. On check out the next day, a young woman was on duty behind the desk (I didn't get her name). She was friendly, professional & proficient. Your employees are very well trained. Thank you so much!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

No complaints. Very nice hotel and good value. Guess my only recommendation would to be clean the shower curtains as ours had a little mold growing. Breakfast was good and plentiful. Also had a crib readily available for my infant.

• Stayed June 2013
Monticello, Arkansas
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Wonderful service.
Special thanks to Patricia F-she checked us in; very friendly and helpful
Special thanks to: Patricia P and Jacob-checked us out; very polite.
Very clean . We enjoyed it !!
Easy access to several restaurants. We felt we were in a safe location. We walked to a restaurant to have dinner. Breakfast was very enjoyable. We were supplied a large array of choices for breakfast. We were placed on the 1st floor because we had 2 small dogs with us. The lady that checked us in (Patricia F) was very considerate and knowledgeable to take in to account, it would be easier for us to be on the 1st floor because of the animals needing to use the bathroom--not having to take the elevator. She was very impressive.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Georgetown, Kentucky
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I stayed at this property for the past two months. The customer service here is absolutely awesome. Christian, Heidi, Austin, Justin, Jennifer, Candyce and Alexis were just a few of the team that truly made my home away from home great for me. Their committment to their customers is commendable. I would gladly stay at this property again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Lindsay, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I checked into my room around 9:00 and was woke up at 12:53 a.m. by a couple trying to use their key card. They left and came back with the general manager who stated no one was supposed to be in the room I was in (how in the hell did he think I got in the room) and asked me to call and verify with the front desk!! I called and she stated she did not have me listed in that room. Said she was sorry for the inconvenience. A few minutes later she called back and said she was trying to verify my reservations which I stated that the were booked online the day before. They also verified my reservations when I got there because they had run a copy of my credit card!!! What a bunch of idiots. When I complained at check out the front desk clerk said he was aware of my situation because the general manager had already informed him of the incident. But guess what - the clerk tried to call the general manager to see about compensation but he apparently has yet to answer his phone. I also am a priority club member and I am not one bit impressed with last nights reward. There are numerous hotels in Greenville, Texas and I do not recommend staying at this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dannita M
helmhotelsgroup, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Dannita,

We deeply regret the egregious error that was caused by our staff in this situation. It was a complete lapse of situational awareness on our part and we can only imagine the stress that this episode may have put you through. Please accept our most sincere apologies for this inconvenience and we appreciate you taking the time to express your concerns. I have personally seen that our policies are reinforced with each member of our staff so that this situation does not occur again.

We hope to earn your trust again, as we strive to be the best hotel experience for every guest. Please e-mail me personally to find out how we can make this to you on your next visit.

David Darden
hiexpress@hhg-greenville.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
Comfort Suites Greenville
Magnuson Hotel Commerce
Magnuson Hotel Commerce
#1 of 2 in Commerce
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Royse City - Rockwall Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express Greenville? Share your experiences!